1. Short memory? You were the one with the whole "it's World of WARcraft" thing.
    Also forgot this isn't a Vanilla server? Vanilla will be just the starting point, soon left behind as it moves to Burning Crusade and finally arrives in Wrath of the Lich King.
    Well we dont know the timeline, but im guessing vanilla is first year? And the beginning is the most important, atleast in my opinion. If its good, server will live, probably tune down a bit during TBC and come back stronger in WOTLK.

2. As a man with limited time to play, want PVE realm. x5 rate is fine.

Also, would be nice too see some balance changes for some classes so people can play them actually and be useful, like ret paladins, feral druids, prot paladins...

3. My feedback:
    - Warmane Average Joe is aged 30-60, has children, a wife and 1-2 hours free time per day to play.
    - 1x rates equate to 240 hours to level 60. If they play 2 hours a day that's 120 days or 4 months to 60! Assuming 1 hours per day then that's 8 months. This assumes they commit to playing every single day, even weekends and do not burn out.
    - Why would they give up their free time to level a SINGLE character to 60 and then in a few months after, it progress to TBC? If they wanted this, they could have done it years ago on Official WoW Classic servers.
    - Warmane has to be special. It has to offer something unique that Blizzard doesn't. And cutting down on time spent levelling is how.
    - 5 x XP rates are necessary for Average Joe to participate and opens up the server to mass audiences. Something PVP & PVE players should welcome, as if you're better than average, then you'll be better than even more people in the game you play - go you at topping the dominance hierarchy!
    - The 1x hardcore community are free to set their XP bar to 1x and after levelling to 60 in "hardcore" more, they can be rewarded with a unique in-game title, such as, Leroy or Infinite Free Time Loser, etc. whatever makes them happy. Maybe give them a free mount or free dual spec, so we don't create an unfair advantage, just compensate their time spent.

Regarding PVP vs PVE. Originally I sided with PVE, but I think during Classic the server should be PVP. The fun of surprise PVP events while going around the world is positive. However, you should offer a carrot to PVE players whose main gripe about PVP servers is completely unpunished toxic gameplay. The most toxic is when a player dedicates themselves to specifically killing 1 other individual, repeatedly, for hours and the guy who keeps dying is forced to log off because someone else wants to ruin their life. This should not be allowed and ruins the game for the person dying, simply for the fun of another. No games succeed where one side always loses and is encouraged to quit and the rules / punishments should take care of this.

4. My feedback:
    - Warmane Average Joe is aged 30-60, has children, a wife and 1-2 hours free time per day to play.
    - 1x rates equate to 240 hours to level 60. If they play 2 hours a day that's 120 days or 4 months to 60! Assuming 1 hours per day then that's 8 months. This assumes they commit to playing every single day, even weekends and do not burn out.
    - Why would they give up their free time to level a SINGLE character to 60 and then in a few months after, it progress to TBC? If they wanted this, they could have done it years ago on Official WoW Classic servers.
    - Warmane has to be special. It has to offer something unique that Blizzard doesn't. And cutting down on time spent levelling is how.
    - 5 x XP rates are necessary for Average Joe to participate and opens up the server to mass audiences. Something PVP & PVE players should welcome, as if you're better than average, then you'll be better than even more people in the game you play - go you at topping the dominance hierarchy!
    - The 1x hardcore community are free to set their XP bar to 1x and after levelling to 60 in "hardcore" more, they can be rewarded with a unique in-game title, such as, Leroy or Infinite Free Time Loser, etc. whatever makes them happy. Maybe give them a free mount or free dual spec, so we don't create an unfair advantage, just compensate their time spent.

Regarding PVP vs PVE. Originally I sided with PVE, but I think during Classic the server should be PVP. The fun of surprise PVP events while going around the world is positive. However, you should offer a carrot to PVE players whose main gripe about PVP servers is completely unpunished toxic gameplay. The most toxic is when a player dedicates themselves to specifically killing 1 other individual, repeatedly, for hours and the guy who keeps dying is forced to log off because someone else wants to ruin their life. This should not be allowed and ruins the game for the person dying, simply for the fun of another. No games succeed where one side always loses and is encouraged to quit and the rules / punishments should take care of this.
    there’s no possible way you can know who the average joe is on warmane…the rest of your points hinges on your assumption being true. is that really the best way to present an entire argument; based on a hunch?

5. there’s no possible way you can know who the average joe is on warmane…the rest of your points hinges on your assumption being true. is that really the best way to present an entire argument; based on a hunch?
    But he is right.

6. I tend to agree, in this modern day, most players who play "classic" are about 30-50 years range.
    younger players will be playing others game, I am sure of it.
    So its as the math proves, its overly time consuming if the default exp rate is x1.
    It will be an expensive barrier to entry.
    X5 with adjustable is the better way to go imho.

7. Ironically exactly what I am going thru now in Warmane ICC.
    I just log to do dailies, weekly's, VOA x2. And very very occasional PUG raids.
    Cos the raid times is not very suitable for me cos I am from SEA time zone.

8. you announced the day of server launch but I hope you don't announce exact time of it. I think not knowing server launch time by players can reduce server load and problems related to it. like the ones we witnessed last season in Frostmourne.

9. Will it wipe server after beta? Give an answer.

10. Will it wipe server after beta? Give an answer.
    That would be logical.

11. Yeah if it's going to be a PvE realm i'm probably out.

0 reason to make it PvE especially in vanilla where literally the most fun memories/interactions are in the open world

Also having the option to do RDF and stay in SW/OG should be enough to dodge the "gankers"

Rly hyped if it's going to be a PvP realm
    Why would you want to lock up peaceful players in cities? Why don't you want to let them explore the world? We PvE players like quests, wandering around the big world of WoW, we want the right to play the way we like. Do you like PvP? No problem. You and others like you may have PvP permanently enabled. Kill each other all day long if you like it that much. Forcing or forbidding something is a kind of 'dictatorship'. Therefore, in my opinion, only the ability to permanently disable or enable PvP in all areas makes sense.

12. how is he right? if you have only 1-2 hours to play, there's no way you are able to play wow anyway. every single end-game stuff requires more than 2 hours to do.

13. retail like pvp belike: deadge
    unless there are some great xp bonuses for pvp enabled (not gonna fix the problem tho)
    and ffs its not icecrown where 80s full gear raid on people its ****in classic man chill out

14. how is he right? if you have only 1-2 hours to play, there's no way you are able to play wow anyway. every single end-game stuff requires more than 2 hours to do.
    5x fine idk why would you even argue ... its not like wotlk that quests xps in vanilla zones are buffed or sth so its pretty like playin at 3x rates in icecrown... pretty decent

First ... 646545556575866106 ... Last