1. Hello,
    On Onyxia for a few now, reading the details, I expected vanilla quests and things during vanilla era, but I am seeing what appears to be WotLK content. Is this strictly the 3.3.5a questing / world content with in-era [vanilla/tbc/wotlk] spells and talents throughout the progression?
    If you're seeing a quest that was not added until TBC/Wrath, report it on the https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker. Some things, like boats going to Stormwind instead of the Wetlands, are being kept as a QOL improvement. Most things, however, are being disabled/removed if they weren't available until later expacs (For example: Hunters could tame Serpent-Family pets until it was reported a day or two ago, and it was removed as this was a Pet Family not added until TBC.)

If the "Wrath content" you are noticing is the animation, texture, or particle effects from a spell...that's just visual because we're using an unmodified Wrath client. If you get the HD client, you'll visually see the effects from later expacs (for example: Shields like Power Word: Shield and Ice Barrier look different), but their mechanics are (or should match) Vanilla mechanics. I'm sure, if you really wanted to, you could modified your client like the HD client does, only you could backport the textures and effects to older versions from 1.12 client.

2. can anyone tell me if there is release date or forecast?

3. If you're seeing a quest that was not added until TBC/Wrath, report it on the https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker. Some things, like boats going to Stormwind instead of the Wetlands, are being kept as a QOL improvement. Most things, however, are being disabled/removed if they weren't available until later expacs (For example: Hunters could tame Serpent-Family pets until it was reported a day or two ago, and it was removed as this was a Pet Family not added until TBC.)

If the "Wrath content" you are noticing is the animation, texture, or particle effects from a spell...that's just visual because we're using an unmodified Wrath client. If you get the HD client, you'll visually see the effects from later expacs (for example: Shields like Power Word: Shield and Ice Barrier look different), but their mechanics are (or should match) Vanilla mechanics. I'm sure, if you really wanted to, you could modified your client like the HD client does, only you could backport the textures and effects to older versions from 1.12 client.
    The client itself might be what's throwing me off or bad memories idk. I had played the vanilla classic realm (recent one not OG) on retail for a minute and then wotlk classic later on. Thank you for clarifying.

I'm def in the camp of preferring wotlk QoL where applicable, so I'm all set. Just wanted to manage my expectations of "questing difficulty".

4. Just a quick note for the Devs...(if they will ever see this I am not sure)...but we are all anxious for this new experience. Some of us are planning on taking time off work for a few days to really make a good first push. It would be great if you could simply drop us a line and let us know what your working on or maybe even a ballpark timeline for release. Please and Thank You for your hard work.

5. Will scrolls of deception / transmog be available from the start, or might it be integrated later?

6. I really wish they would give Protection Paladins a Taunt since there's a shortage of tanks and warriors only being the realistic tank. More changes than that to classes would be nice but there is virtually no reason to play any class apart from Warrior or Priest they're the best at everything.

7. I really wish they would give Protection Paladins a Taunt since there's a shortage of tanks and warriors only being the realistic tank. More changes than that to classes would be nice but there is virtually no reason to play any class apart from Warrior or Priest they're the best at everything.
    Uhm.. No? Have you ever actually played the game?

8. So I didn't understand, is this still a beta test going on? And when is the release already?

9. So I didn't understand, is this still a beta test going on? And when is the release already?
    PTR/Open Beta is still in progress. You start at level 1, xp rates can be increased as high as 50x (if you don't wanna test leveling content, or want to skip to a certain level range faster for testing), but default to 5x. Release date will be announced on the main page/news section. Until then, we won't know. Most of the players debating honestly are speculating between November and April, but we could easily be wrong...it's clear it will launch when only when they feel it's good and ready.

10. Uhm.. No? Have you ever actually played the game?
    Clearly you haven't played vanilla lmao. Warrior is best at tank by a mile while also being the top dps in every phase of vanilla. They get most of the extra raid slots that aren't used for buffs

11. I really wish they would give Protection Paladins a Taunt since there's a shortage of tanks and warriors only being the realistic tank. More changes than that to classes would be nice but there is virtually no reason to play any class apart from Warrior or Priest they're the best at everything.
    true, but that will lead to some things like "warmane should just leave classes untouched", "if prot pala can have changes, then other classes and specs need to change for viability too" or "if x class can do this, so my class should be able too." and onyxia ends up being classic+ project.
    but idk, just a thought

12. I don't get it, how are there still people who are asking when is the release date and does it is released? Most stupidest question is why need Beta before start. As mostly said here if there is a release date will be TOPIC of the website!

13. there is virtually no reason to play any class apart from Warrior or Priest
    The server won't stay in Vanilla forever. For many people the relation "instant gratification vs. investment for the future" is enough reason. If people back in the retail release had the awareness of how things would change over time that we do now, I'd bet many would also rather not be the strongest for the time being, with the knowledge things would change later.

And that's not even touching the fact not everyone is a sweaty min-maxer, and they would rather play the class they like, instead of following some "must do" recipe.

14. Apologies if I am repeating others in advance.

I would like the quality of life improvements to be more in this upcoming server upon launch.

Things like 1,5 sec cast mounting, same cast time gathering ore/herbs/leather. Some items stack in stacks of 5, like pots, while in WotLK they stack in 20. Running out of inventory space or taking less consumables to raid because they stack in 5s instead of 20s is not nostalgia for me unfortunately.

Also would not mind stonard and theramore portals being there too. And any other similar type quality of life improvements, that do not directly affect the gameplay, instead, annoy players less giving them a better vanilla/tbc experience!

Thanks

First ... 3888128136137138139140 ... Last