1. When Onyxia will LAUNCH?
    Currently there's no set date yet, beta testing is still ongoing.

2. Yes, it is.

What's your point? Please say it's something deeper than the usual slippery slope "you did this so you can do that" which never did and never will work as argument for a whole different piece of custom content to be added. Transmogrification, which is a beloved feature by all but the most purists and comes with no mechanical advantage, can't seriously be compared to easily-cheesable custom Achievements for a niche-within-a-niche-within-a-niche handful of people.
    ^ this 100%
    comparing titles/ achievements to transmogrification is honestly absurd for many reasons.

lets be honest here, you only want "hardcore 1 life" mode because its recently been a populair thing and want to try it yourself.

like Obnoxious said. its a niche within a niche and personally I think people only take on the challenge for 1 of 2 reasons; Boredom or flexing.

if you want hardcore. set your xp rate to x1 and delete your character when you die. whats the problem?
    if you want rewards for managing to get max level without dying ? dont expect it from anyone except yourself. and definitely dont expect warmane to give you one.
    honest to god question, but with over 20k+ people playing on a daily basis. why would they give a reward for something that less than 200 people would want?

3. You're right - whether I think it's custom or not IS irrelevant, I could not care less - my point still stands:

Why are people so dismissive / contemptuous towards ideas which *may or may not* (again, this custom talk doesn't matter so much to me) fall under the realm of "custom"?

"I wish people had more positive attitudes about hardcore ***(and other peoples' opinions in general)***, but suggestions seem quickly dismissed."
    "I don't see why at least being open to the idea of hardcore ***or other ideas*** is just so bad/wrong."

Not implementing something or outright saying "no" is totally fine. I'm not going to cry because there isn't a hardcore option. But when Warmane moderators make a post which says: "We have applied the feedback and suggestions we received from countless players to improve and refine our realm design.", and people are replying to that post (this post btw) saying "Hey hardcore would be super cool, don't you think?", being met with immediate ridicule nearly every time...

Sure Warmane might say "no, we aren't implementing Hardcore". And that's fine. But I haven't seen even one post in 140 pages (I probably forgot if there was one :) ) which has Warmane staff saying "Hey, good idea we should totally look at this in the future". It's just always "No" or "Why are you even suggesting this". Lol

My point was about dismissiveness, not "custom" content or any content for that matter

~ Lag

4. honest to god question, but with over 20k+ people playing on a daily basis. why would they give a reward for something that less than 200 people would want?
    On the one hand, I'm pretty sure a lot more than 200 people would do it. On the other, I think the majority of people who do it above those who would do it on their own (personal challenge) are only doing it because the external/artificial reward...there's a lot of bored completionists, or people looking for something they can use to brag that they're better with. Either way, it's not something I see worth catering to with custom content, because if the motivation is there, it doesn't need the external, artificial reward to accomplish it.

5. Why are people so dismissive / contemptuous towards ideas which *may or may not* (again, this custom talk doesn't matter so much to me) fall under the realm of "custom"?
    Our official stance on custom content is readily available. From the "Suggestion Section Rules" thread:

Custom content
    - If there isn't a good reason for it, don't post it. We normally have no interest in custom content at all.

As for players, from what I gather because they want the closest to the original as possible. Everyone has their own limit for concessions, like some wanting to go a little further than we go, others don't even like there being transmogrification, but on average suggestions that are restricted to a tiny group of people being affected don't seem to get warm welcomes.

6. I know it's crazy but people might just want to have a hardcore mode because it's fun! And not getting the choice of continuing after death is part of that fun :)

~ Lag

7. I know it's crazy but people might just want to have a hardcore mode because it's fun! And not getting the choice of continuing after death is part of that fun :)
    And there's nothing stopping them from playing that way...they just have to have the self-discipline to do it without the server forcing it on them.

Just like they'd have to have the self-discipline to not "game" it by being carried by a max-level alt. Or being cheesed and geared by non-HC alts. Unless they want to, because the "fun" is all about the rules you set for yourself...not some arbitrary rules enforced by the server.

8. I know it's crazy but people might just want to have a hardcore mode because it's fun! And not getting the choice of continuing after death is part of that fun :)

~ Lag
    and that's perfectly fine. again. just delete your character after death and you have exactly what you want. without anyone needing to do anything special for it

9. My point being - I would think that FUN is a good enough of a reason to post a "custom" suggestion given the requirements for a suggestion being:

"Custom content - If there isn't a good reason for it, don't post it. We normally have no interest in custom content at all."

There are 41 different definitions of "good" - it still seems pretty subjective what suggestions are welcomed and what is rejected :).

Side comment - there is something different about deleting your own character vs. the game deleting your character. If you have played hardcore in both ways in any game, you should know the difference. There is a feeling of in-game fear that exists with one, and not with the other :).

~ Lag

10. My point being - I would think that FUN is a good enough of a reason to post a "custom" suggestion
    Every single person who makes a suggestion always thinks there's good enough reason for their suggestion, unlike everyone else's.
    It's no coincidence that most get denied.

You might also want to change the focus of your attention from what's before the period in that line, to what's after it.

11. Yeah I agree, thats why I wrote the sentence about 41 different definitions of good, and how good is always subjective to the person.

Also, not every single person who makes a suggestion feels that way (thinking their reason is good enough, unlike everyone elses'). I don't think that my reason is any better than anyone elses'. I think everyones' is equally as valid as mine is.

But you bring up a good point; people do seem to tend to be selfish and unable to listen to another persons' ideas or thoughts. My entire point is based around this sentiment that you elude to when you add "unlike everyone else's." onto the end of your post.
    Not everyone is like that. Everyone who is HERE *may* be like that, yes; but not everyone is like that. I would personally hope that, at the very least, the community / mods / Warmane / whomever would start to consider things like this. If it is so normal for everyone to not have good enough reasons to post suggestions about "custom" content, why are we even allowed to do so at all? By your own definition, we can't even possibly have a good enoguh reason to post something about this subject...

"***Every single person*** who makes a suggestion **always** thinks there's good enough reason for their suggestion, unlike everyone else's."

Emphasis on every single one of us :) - (Yes I know you are being semi-literal)

I still don't see the downside to discussing and considering a hardcore option within the Onyxia realm. Which, by the way, I am playing, leading a guild, and donating on - despite what "custom" things are added, server pop, exp rates, pvp vs. pve, etc. I love Warmane but there is nothing wrong with a suggestion of improvement in the listening department, either! :)

~ Lag

12. @your edit

If i change my focus to after the period, all I need to say is: "normally" is just about as subjective as "good". If someone suggests / hypes up a custom feature and the community gets excited about it, that might make the Warmane team think "Hey this is the exception to our "normal" and we will think about it.

But we can't get to that point, because of how the first part of the half of that statement is handeled, where everything is being considered "not good enough to suggest"

~ Lag

13. IMO, for a custom content suggestion to even be considered...it has to improve the overall player experience of the entire server...not just a small portion of the playerbase. This is where Hardcore fails, and things like soloqueue, cross-realm BGs, actually were implemented.

Where HC has been tried on the same server as non-HC, it's always "split" the playerbase...which isn't helpful or productive to the overall player experience. To me, that means HC will only happen on Warmane if there's a realm dedicated to it (like Blizzard's official HC servers)...and Warmane is even less likely to make a new realm (especially when their resources are already devoted to a new realm) then they are to try to pidgeonhole HC mechanics into an existing server that will make the overall server experience worse by splitting the playerbase.

And most of us see HC as a fad that makes for better content than anything else...and one that will probably start fading rather quickly. If it doesn't fade, Warmane are free to make their own HC-style servers in the future. If it does fade, trying to jump on the bandwagon at this moment doesn't fit their current business plans and won't really help them.

And on a further note...how many people will spend REAL MONEY to support an HC server when they know that whatever they buy in the shop will be lost should they make a single mistake? If HC will mean (relatively speaking) no one uses the shop...what motivation does Warmane have to spend their money to maintain such a project? Warmane is a business, and they have to pay the bills or all the servers will shut down.

14. Have there been any thought about the leveling exp gain to be set at 1x? We will not get the "full Vanilla experience" if the exp gain be more than 1x, also it would be better in the long term since the content doesnt need to be rushed and that this server will last more than +2 years

First ... 4191131139140141142143 ... Last