1. why x5 tho? wouldnt it be better to at least be x3 instead of x1?

2. Hi all,

This server is a good idea, and I was looking forward to it but then I saw that it will be vanilla talents/skills in vanilla and so on, that made me unsure.
    Consequences of leaving it like this:

1. No horde paladin and alliance shaman. I don't think you need any arguments to change it, it is more obvious than anything that these should be available from day 1. They are not gamebreaking in any way, they just add 2 more low level zones to do quests in and that's it.

2. A lot of classes will be useless in PVE with vanilla talents and skills (tbc not as bad, but that's a year away):
    - boomkins are total garbage in vanilla raiding
    - feral tanks are also fairly bad in dungeons, possible to do in raids, but still fairly awful
    - so are ret paladins.
    - paladin tanking doesn't work or nowhere near as good as it should
    - spriests are not particularly good in raids, no idea disc priests, probably even worse than spriests
    - hunters are fairly bad in vanilla pve
    - shamans dps are awful in vanilla pve

3. Because you also intend to change the raid size to 25 instead of 40 and there were mentions of overtuning raids, you encourage minmaxing. So useless classes will likely be left out of the raids, because the group will need to be strong enough to clear the raid and can't carry deadweights. In vanilla with 40 slots, people could carry 5-10 suboptimal classes no problem.
    This is an issue, because let's say you want to play spriest or w/e bad vanilla dps class, that will eventually be good, you have to either make it through vanilla not raiding, or not having a regular raidspot, or you have to be healer, which you may not want, so the first year for you is a bad year that you just need to survive, or don't even play the server till TBC. (and this goes to other bad dps classes too like boomkins, retpalas and a lot more)
    Or reroll once every expansion...

4. The only real good tank will be warrior, and a sort of acceptable 2nd feral. No other classes, so if you want to play tank, but not warrior, well you skip vanilla or play something else. Again this puts the server up to a slow start and discourages some more players.

5. In vanilla every class that can heal, will be made to heal during a raid, because their dps specs are not viable, especially true with overtuned raids. Further limiting class choice, or those people that don't want to heal, won't have regular raid spots, or just have to play something else for a year, and later reroll. Or keep their future main as an alt in vanilla :D :D

"What's your main?"
    "uuh I have this enh shaman, but I can't really play it, because the raid won't take me unless I heal so atm I play combat rogue. but it's not really my main. But it kinda is. But not quite. :( "

6. Death Knights would not be possible, they don't have vanilla talents and skills. So DK players can... wait 2 years? :D

7. 1 more thing! Because warriors and rogues are so good in vanilla and needed to clear the overtuned content, a lot of people will play them, but these classes are so bad in TBC, people would have to switch around at the start of TBC, either reroll or suffer through TBC until WOTLK comes and they become better again or who knows. And this might mean a lot of people if guilds go for class stacking strategies like 1 full group of rogues, 1 full group of warrior, 1 group of mages and a few of the rest of the classes here and there.

What I think is a good solution:

1. wotlk talents and skills from day 1
    2. belf and draenei from day 1
    3. overtune raids to compensate for wotlk skills (leave vanilla raids as 40man difficulty but allow only 25 players inside)

You could also do DKs from day 1, start at level 1 in regular zones, for example human DK start in elwynn forest (disable DK starter area and quests), but that would be a lot of custom and... who likes DKs anyway :D

Content progression:
    Vanilla phase 2 makes little sense
    Dire Maul should be phase 1, it's just a dungeon
    Azuregos Kazzak should be Phase 3 with BWL, that makes it possible to skip an entire phase which surves almost no purpose as wbosses are only content for top end guilds and average players won't ever even see them alive, and to DM there is nothing really just a couple item upgrades (in classic I didn't feel much of an impact from these).
    So for most players P1-P2 transition will be like "nothing happened", P1 just got X months longer.

XP rate: irrelevant, idk why people discuss this. wotlk talents/skills are a lot more important
    PVE server preferable, but with 5x rates and RDF I think I could avoid getting ganked for the most part, still I dislike worldpvp.

Ok, let me try to answer you:

1. Vanilla is like that, no horde paladins, no alliance shaman. I mean, this should be as well on tbc and wotlk, but they were soft, listening players that wanted to play paladin on horde for no reason.

2. Yes and no. Without the debuff cap, a lot of other specs will have their time to shine, even good specs already like arms warrior and *** rogues. And you forget about something: I know a lot of players come to play here to minmaxing, but THERE ARE people that don't play like that, we all know that will appear guilds that don't want to do content as minmaxing or just stacking classes because we all know this is not fun . I mean, of they are saying they will overtune the content, but come on, vanilla is pretty much tank and spank in the first phases, and the other two are just better coordination. The high point of mechanics a vanilla raid had was the four horseman fight, and if you know that fight, you know that I can't even call it a true mechanic.

3.Now you are saying something. Well, as I agree that you need to reroll specs when the expansions releases, well, we kinda did that every expansion blizzard released. I mained a hunter all these years on retail and I rerolled specs a lot. I intend to play warrior dps on this realm, and I know that arms will be **** as the progression goes on, and I know that I will need to reroll to fury one time or another. BUT, when they said they would turn 40 to 25 and so on, I think we all know this is a mistake. I know some people don't have time to play as 40 man, but the game is intended to play like that.

4. Yeah, well, vanilla ways. That's not much I can say about that. They could just ''solve'' this problem, giving all other tanks a taunt, and let us see what happens. I remember some crazy guys running stratholme and upper BR with a paladin tank, and they done pretty well, but in raids, you can forget it.

5.Again, this is vanilla ways. Just another thing: on classic wow from blizzard, it happened like that and people didn't complain much.

6. I will seize the opportunity to say that DKs can't be a thing and that's it.

7. I think I answered about that on point 2.

And the last thing: Dire Maul SHOULDN'T be on phase 1. A friend here just answered, but I will explain a little. The gear available overshadows some gear on raid, so it's pointless to do MC and Onyxia with DM avaiable from start.

3. 2. Yes and no. Without the debuff cap, a lot of other specs will have their time to shine, even good specs already like arms warrior and *** rogues. And you forget about something: I know a lot of players come to play here to minmaxing, but THERE ARE people that don't play like that, we all know that will appear guilds that don't want to do content as minmaxing or just stacking classes because we all know this is not fun . I mean, of they are saying they will overtune the content, but come on, vanilla is pretty much tank and spank in the first phases, and the other two are just better coordination. The high point of mechanics a vanilla raid had was the four horseman fight, and if you know that fight, you know that I can't even call it a true mechanic.
    I meant here assassination rogues, but I just used the three first letters, so I'm not cursing for no reason.

4. This realm should be pve.

Old player since 2009-2010 Frostwolf.

Cheers.

5. Hi all,

This server is a good idea, and I was looking forward to it but then I saw that it will be vanilla talents/skills in vanilla and so on, that made me unsure.
    Consequences of leaving it like this:

1. No horde paladin and alliance shaman. I don't think you need any arguments to change it, it is more obvious than anything that these should be available from day 1. They are not gamebreaking in any way, they just add 2 more low level zones to do quests in and that's it.

2. A lot of classes will be useless in PVE with vanilla talents and skills (tbc not as bad, but that's a year away):
    - boomkins are total garbage in vanilla raiding
    - feral tanks are also fairly bad in dungeons, possible to do in raids, but still fairly awful
    - so are ret paladins.
    - paladin tanking doesn't work or nowhere near as good as it should
    - spriests are not particularly good in raids, no idea disc priests, probably even worse than spriests
    - hunters are fairly bad in vanilla pve
    - shamans dps are awful in vanilla pve

3. Because you also intend to change the raid size to 25 instead of 40 and there were mentions of overtuning raids, you encourage minmaxing. So useless classes will likely be left out of the raids, because the group will need to be strong enough to clear the raid and can't carry deadweights. In vanilla with 40 slots, people could carry 5-10 suboptimal classes no problem.
    This is an issue, because let's say you want to play spriest or w/e bad vanilla dps class, that will eventually be good, you have to either make it through vanilla not raiding, or not having a regular raidspot, or you have to be healer, which you may not want, so the first year for you is a bad year that you just need to survive, or don't even play the server till TBC. (and this goes to other bad dps classes too like boomkins, retpalas and a lot more)
    Or reroll once every expansion...

4. The only real good tank will be warrior, and a sort of acceptable 2nd feral. No other classes, so if you want to play tank, but not warrior, well you skip vanilla or play something else. Again this puts the server up to a slow start and discourages some more players.

5. In vanilla every class that can heal, will be made to heal during a raid, because their dps specs are not viable, especially true with overtuned raids. Further limiting class choice, or those people that don't want to heal, won't have regular raid spots, or just have to play something else for a year, and later reroll. Or keep their future main as an alt in vanilla :D :D

"What's your main?"
    "uuh I have this enh shaman, but I can't really play it, because the raid won't take me unless I heal so atm I play combat rogue. but it's not really my main. But it kinda is. But not quite. :( "

6. Death Knights would not be possible, they don't have vanilla talents and skills. So DK players can... wait 2 years? :D

7. 1 more thing! Because warriors and rogues are so good in vanilla and needed to clear the overtuned content, a lot of people will play them, but these classes are so bad in TBC, people would have to switch around at the start of TBC, either reroll or suffer through TBC until WOTLK comes and they become better again or who knows. And this might mean a lot of people if guilds go for class stacking strategies like 1 full group of rogues, 1 full group of warrior, 1 group of mages and a few of the rest of the classes here and there.

What I think is a good solution:

1. wotlk talents and skills from day 1
    2. belf and draenei from day 1
    3. overtune raids to compensate for wotlk skills (leave vanilla raids as 40man difficulty but allow only 25 players inside)

You could also do DKs from day 1, start at level 1 in regular zones, for example human DK start in elwynn forest (disable DK starter area and quests), but that would be a lot of custom and... who likes DKs anyway :D

Content progression:
    Vanilla phase 2 makes little sense
    Dire Maul should be phase 1, it's just a dungeon
    Azuregos Kazzak should be Phase 3 with BWL, that makes it possible to skip an entire phase which surves almost no purpose as wbosses are only content for top end guilds and average players won't ever even see them alive, and to DM there is nothing really just a couple item upgrades (in classic I didn't feel much of an impact from these).
    So for most players P1-P2 transition will be like "nothing happened", P1 just got X months longer.

XP rate: irrelevant, idk why people discuss this. wotlk talents/skills are a lot more important
    PVE server preferable, but with 5x rates and RDF I think I could avoid getting ganked for the most part, still I dislike worldpvp.
    No thanks.

6. Super stoked to play on a progressive realm of this magnitude, but this is cringe af. Changing 40m > 25m and no buff/debuff limit will indeed change some dynamics. Curious how you're going to change Auto Shot back into it's Vanilla super long *** cast time state.

"Talents: Will reflect the expansion that is current on the realm. Vanilla content = Vanilla talents, etc."

7. I have an even better solution. How about we make the realm PvE, the quest mobs immune to attack, and for players who want to PvP they can queue any battleground they feel like doing at the moment?
    Found the botter

8. you write all this? like classic vanilla has some kind of super hard challenge content, except from naxx. 2 warrior tanking, separte mobs, move from fire, kill boss. classic can't be more than 8 months and have 4 phases. then the good stuff came with tbc and wotlk

9. Super stoked to play on a progressive realm of this magnitude, but this is cringe af. Changing 40m > 25m and no buff/debuff limit will indeed change some dynamics. Curious how you're going to change Auto Shot back into it's Vanilla super long *** cast time state.

"Talents: Will reflect the expansion that is current on the realm. Vanilla content = Vanilla talents, etc."
    and when channeling the player kneel, that will be awesome

10. With RDF, guys that do PvE don't have excuses, the realm must be PvP! Vanilla don't have arenas, we need WPvP.
    And X5 is a mistake, X1 is the correct election, with RDF, leveling is very fast.

Conclussion:
    PvP, X1, with RDF. All happy. Come on Warmane, do it right.

11. do a quick scan on the fourm, those who support x1 should have all their characters perma locked to x1 on day 1 while MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY WHO ACTUALLY PLAYED VANILLA to be on x5

12. do a quick scan on the fourm, those who support x1 should have all their characters perma locked to x1 on day 1 while MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY WHO ACTUALLY PLAYED VANILLA to be on x5
    That's a stupid idea
    I've a better idea, perma lock everyone to their preferred status of the realm (pve, pvp) instead! All you people who advocate for "muh world pvp" going to get killed over and over by the ones on perma pve and you cant do anything about it. That's what I'd like to see.

13. Has anyone any idea how they will manage World Buffs in the "vanilla" part of the game?

The one thing i disliked the most about "classic" WoW was locking my main offline with all his world buffs making it impossible to play normally with my main ( dungeons, farm, pvp ) because half the time he was logged off with buffs. And god forbid you happened to die in a raid you were useless for the rest of the raid after "locking" your character for a couple of days, not even talking about getting those World buffs, I used to organize world buff tours for my guild, and this is really one of the worst aspects of Classic imo.

So have they said anything about how they will manage World buffs in the "vanilla" portion of the game ? This could be a HUGE dealbraker for me.

First ... 3543444546475595145 ... Last