1. I feel it's worth reiterating that this realm is going to take multiple years to progress fully. 1x would fit in perfectly with that pace, since you'd need some kind of sunk cost in order to keep players in for the long term. why would someone who doesn't have the patience to level 1x stick around long enough to even see blackwing lair? the 5x-ers will get to 60, fumble around for a bit, and then get bored and head to the next fresh. the ease of making profession cooldown alts will also make the cost of things such as arcanite really volatile.

2. I feel it's worth reiterating that this realm is going to take multiple years to progress fully. 1x would fit in perfectly with that pace, since you'd need some kind of sunk cost in order to keep players in for the long term. why would someone who doesn't have the patience to level 1x stick around long enough to even see blackwing lair? the 5x-ers will get to 60, fumble around for a bit, and then get bored and head to the next fresh. the ease of making profession cooldown alts will also make the cost of things such as arcanite really volatile.
    I think Warmane staff knows their audience well enough to keep it at high xp rates, and thats why they presented this new server as such. We have Lordaeron 1xp only because people wanted WOTLK that is not on steroids like Icecrown. They tried the same thing with TBC a few years ago, they gave us 2 servers, Outland that was 5 or 7x i can't remember and Medivh 1x which despite having around 4k players on launch, didn't live to see phase 2. It shrink from 4k to under 400 players (including bots) in about 2 months which lead to cancelation of that project. Also they said we will have RDF in vanilla which everyone will spam to level and gear up which makes shrinking the xp rates from 5x to 3x just a mild annoyance and if the cave in and drop it to 1x, it will share the same faith as Medivh. There are other well populated private servers with 1x rates with their dedicated communities and Warmane is just not like then. 1x Servers simply don't work here and we have empirical evidence that vast majority of players on warmane are not interested in a slug fest that is vanilla questing (me included) come to think of it.

3. PVP Realm would be preffered option, World of warcraft isnt world of warcraft without world pvp and ganking, snowflakes can go cry in a cave

4. I would like to add my opinion here too, although everything has been already said here. Just to stress out that there is more of us with this opinions. I'd like to add that all that follows is just my subjective point of view and you're absolutely right to disagree with it.

1. We all want Vanilla to feel more Vanilla rather than WotLK locked at lvl 60 cap. But we all know that original Vanilla was far from perfect, i.e. class balancing. That being said, making it Vanilla with for example modified talent trees would be nice. Having a wotlk talent tree that won't allow you to take talents that would be reachable after lvl 60. But yeah, i am aware that making it work this will will take a lot of fine tuning which takes a lot of work.

2. Make vanilla exp rates 1x/2x, or at most 3x. Levelling was a big part of Vanilla.

3. I'm leaning toward making it a PvP realm. Creating retail-like war-mode would be too complicated in my opinion. PvP realm will make the game experience much more immersive and interactive - fighting other factions, forcing you to make group with you allies etc. And yeah, you can kill a fish botter if you meet one on your adventure.

4. Allow Dreaneis and Blood Elves from the start. Restricting Alliance from playing shaman and Horde from playing paladin just don't feel right for me. Yeah, it's one of those things that won't affect your Vanilla experience, but on the contrary adds quality to server. There are people that plays strictly on one or another faction and wouldn't be fair to restrict them from playing their favourite class, could also result in them not even playing on the server.

5. Gbank and Dual spec are great QoL things. Just make Dual-spec little bit cheaper.

6. Same goes for allowing JWC, Inscription and glyphs from the start. But this part isn't that important I think.

7. RDF is always nice, but disabling it would make the world feel much more alive again. People would have to communicate, group up, travel to dungeon. Presuming the server would be PvP, having people to travel the continent to achieve something would add more flavour.

We are all here to experience little bit of that old school WoW that is more tuned and polished than original version. Don't make it another modern MMORPG where you reach max level in couple hours, where you can get anything with basically no effort, where you can reach anything by simply pressing a button. Make it harder, where you have to set your goals and "work" towards them, so when you finally reach them it'd feel rewarding. But making it just as it was in original Vanilla would be mistake too.

Cheers and have a nice day everyone!

5. Having blood elves and draenai from beggining would be awesome indeed. They dont need to put wrath talents, but a little tweak for the underperforming specs would be so cool, giving a buff to classes like moonkin or elemental who are deep at the bottom of the dps charts. Let's be realists about xp rates, nobody has time for x1, yet x5 is too much, a x3 would be ideal imo, would benefit both people who want a closer vanilla authentic experience and those who want to level at a decent fast pace.

6. Hoping Onyxia is a PvE server. Can always opt in to world pvp for folks that like it

7. All I care about is the A.I. voice over quest thing. I'm looking forward to playing! Thanks for doing this.

8. people need to chill out, its a freaking BETA TEST SERVER. some looks really disapointed, other don't. let's play the beta, warmane guys doing this for a lot of time, they know of winnings and epic fails.
    let have fun. i know all you all wanna do is camping lows, griefing and dispell world buff like psychopaths in the beta

9. 1. in my opinion it should be exp rate x1. it would be great if for lazy people to allow increased exp rate by x2 or x4 in exchange for a donation. in addition, you can set an increased exp rate on weekends. That way everyone would get what they want.

2. professions jewelcrafting and inscription would destabilize the whole game. For the greater good, the professions listed above should be disabled.

3. regarding blood elves and draenei it is not very important. I'm a paladin main myself, but if there are no blood elves, I'll play human if I choose alliance. Or I'll play night elf tauren.

4. I have no opinion on guild bank and dual spec. But if dual spec is possible, it shouldn't be too cheap

5. on the one hand, RDF is a great option. on the other hand, the lack of RDF will make it possible to meet other players

6. personally i prefer PVE game but i think open world PVP should be enabled. Otherwise, why would there be a division into alliance and horde? I know from experience that merging factions destabilizes the game.

10. Will there be a separate pvp battlegroup on blackrock and the ability to create a character for pvp with onyx players there? how it was on frostmourne

11. I really like the idea of that realm, I think it will be a great experience! Thank you for sharing detailed information!

In my opinion, the current decision about the talents and b.elf/draenai being disbaled is absolutely the best. Vanilla WoW was not a perfectly balanced game, and that is one of the main reasons that it was (and is) so successful. The classes were not balanced, and that is absolutely fine, they had more unique roles in the game and you coudln't fill any position with any class. That brings a lot of flavour to the gameplay.

The 2 functions, Horde and Alliance, had their unique "colors", a Warrior-Shamanistic society vs the Holy-Shield-Protectors on the other. You want to play Holy-Infuded-Warriors? then you play Alliance, you like Tribal-Elemental-Voodoo people? then Horde is for you.

In simple words, restrictions and obstacles are making a game more interesting and engaging!

12. x5 experience rate is kinda alot, it just rushes you on content

13. I hate the 5x rate exp. I prefer 1x like vanilla blizzlike.

14. I really hope the server comes out with wotlk aka 3.3.5 talents. I feel like we're stuck in an endless loop of classic servers in which you're forced to play the only playable class (warrior) because the game design is awful. 3.3.5 talents opens a lot more specs and makes them actually viable, which would spice things up for once. I feel like a PTA server like this has such a big opportunity, and if talents are locked simply to each expansion such as vanilla, i'd personally not even bother with the server. Just my two cents about Onyxia.

15. Hello everyone!

We've been hard at work on the project we announced back in March of this year, and we have seen that a lot of you are eager to learn more about it! We are excited to share with you some news about the project, too, and we think that you will be too! The time has come to finally give you an update on the project!

The Beta for this realm will be available on August 14th, 2023.

We'd like to reiterate the concept of this new realm!

We are beyond excited to reveal our next project, which is the culmination of many years of dedication and expertise in hosting amazing gaming experiences that many can enjoy. We are honored to present to you Onyxia, the next realm with the Warmane stamp of excellence.

Onyxia is currently officially a placeholder realm name, although we are fond of it, suggestions and ideas are welcome and the name itself is subject to change.

Onyxia is a unique realm that will progress through three expansions: Vanilla, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. This realm will offer you the opportunity to experience the evolution of World of Warcraft from its beginnings to its peak. You will be able to explore the original continents, face the challenges of Outland and Northrend, and witness the rise and fall of the Lich King.

Onyxia is inspired by our previous realm, Frostmourne, which taught us a lot about how to create a fun and engaging seasonal realm.

We have applied the feedback and suggestions we received from countless players to improve and refine our realm design. Keep an eye at this section over the coming months as we will modify realm design based on Beta feedback and add more information as time passes. Onyxia will feature:

• Experience rate of x5
    • Quality of Life features
    • You will be able to experience the original spells, talents and mechanics, gear stats and functions of each expansion, without having to switch your standard WoW client that you own and use to play on Warmane realms with.
    • Marketplace similar to Icecrown model.
    • Character trading and the trading system available as on Lordaeron.
    • Each expansion season will have a set duration. The content of each season will be divided in tiers. The content of the first tier will be available on day one. Every few months, the content will progress further.

Content progression:
    Spoiler: Show

• Vanilla:

• Phase 1: Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, Maraudon

• Phase 2: Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak

• Phase 3: Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire

• Phase 4: Zul'Gurub, Green Dragons

• Phase 5: Ahn'Qiraj War Effort, Ahn'Qiraj raids

• Phase 6: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion

• The Burning Crusade:

• Phase 1: Karazhan, Gruul’s lair, Magtheridon’s Lair,

• Phase 2: Serpentshrine Cavern and The Eye in Tempest Keep

• Phase 3: Mount Hyjal, the Black Temple, and Arena season two

• Phase 4: Arena season three and the 10-man raid Zul’Aman

• Phase 5: Sunwell Plateau and Arena season four

• Wrath of the Lich King:

• Phase 1: Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, The Obsidian Sanctum, Vault of Archavon

• Phase 2: Ulduar

• Phase 3: Trial of the Crusader, Onyxia's Lair

• Phase 4: Icecrown Citadel

• Phase 5: The Ruby Sanctum

We aim to bring you a new and captivating journey in the expansions that we all enjoy. Our team has been working tirelessly, perfecting every feature of our WoTLK realms and applying them to the previous expansions as well. We are confident that we can deliver a high-quality realm that will satisfy all kinds of players. All of the work invested in this realm will also benefit our other realms where appropriate.

We hope you join us on our next journey!

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    - I like Onyxia as the Realm Name. Easy to pronounce and everyone get the Ref. Plus Mommy Dragon.
    - I would prefer a 3× Experience Rate for Leveling and Reputation.
    - Quality of Life features : i just want the 1.12.1 client. Better graphism, more range for the nameplates, addons.

-- FAQ post --

It is important to remember that this is going to be a BETA. Once the realm is open and people have play-tested some, we will be opening something for suggestions. Some information regarding the official launch of the realm will remain vague, because they are things that are likely subject to change based on the feedback we get.

Talents: Will reflect the expansion that is current on the realm. Vanilla content = Vanilla talents, etc.

Marketplace: To elaborate on what we said on the main post, the plan is to have item releases similar to Frostmourne, but the items will be available sooner. This means that the top guilds will be able to clear the content and get their achievements and whatnot without the assistance of the shop, but the items will arrive sooner on the shop than they did on Frostmourne.

B.Elfs and Draenei: Disabled until TBC content.

RDF: Will be enabled with Vanilla.

Dual-Spec: Will be enabled with Vanilla.

Debuff limit: Will not be enforced on Vanilla.

Level cap: Will be level 60 on the Beta realm.

Raid sizes: 40-man raids will be 25-man instead.
    - Marketplace
    I suggest this system
    Phase 1 MC : no market
    Phase 3 BWL : you can buy all up to T0.5 included
    Phase 4 ZG : you can buy the full T1 level of gear
    Phase 5 AQ : add azuregos, kazzak, green dragons gear
    Phase 6 Naxx : open T2 full ; AQ20 ; ZG

This way people still need to raid to be competitive.
    And the 2 last month of Vanilla you open all, the Aq40/Naxx. So people can have fun at the end and collect the transmog stuff.

- RDF
    Include the teleport to inside the dungeon ? I like it. The biggest pain is to travel to the dungeon and take 15-20 min waiting for everyone.

-Dual-Spec
    THANKS GOD. Love this.

-Debuff limit
    HELL YES. I always played Warlock main, affliction is gonna be fun. No more spam bolt at Vanilla (but TBC yes since it’s just too strong).

-Raid sizes
    40 man to 25 is HUGE. With the removal on debuff limit, bosses will need less Nerf. Hope it stay challenging since the mechanics are just too easy. Biggest difficulty of vanilla was always find 40 man and farm the gear for the whole raid. I would like boss who drop 1 more loot for the 40>25 raids. To speed up since the phases are shorter.

Overall i like it.
    Yipi

First ... 614151617182666116 ... Last