1. Giving what "players want" is the best way to burn that **** down even before it's built.

2. Amazing news. I hope it realm will be PVP or RP PVP , x5 (dynamic) and RDF on! LETS GO!!!!!!!

3. Is there something wrong with that? People play how they want. You're not forced to use RDF, just like they shouldn't be forced to brainless walks to instance entrances. You can be the vanilla elitist you want to be by not using RDF, and do the manual mambo jambo when you want to do an instance. I'm sure it's fun!

Aren't many here wanting that x1 for the "true vanilla journey". Why can't you take your true vanilla journey then? I guess it's only true if you have to force others into it too. Why would you not take the journey? I'm sure phases are long enough for you to feed on that nostalgic x1 journey. Yeah, you'd be at slight disadvantage. But hey, since people have raided more, and have more gear, they'll roll fewer items too. You'll catch up so quickly! Or even better, they bought all their gear, and now all the raid loot is yours to keep! Praise the people who keep the servers alive!
    I read couple pages of this forum and I got to say you sir, kind of contradicts your own opinions. You said having RDF won't kill world PvP, but at withing couple hours you posted this where u say "what's wrong about levelling all the way from lvl 15?" which directly contradicts to what you said before. Because this WILL kill world pvp. How do you expect world PvP to happen if there are no people in the world? Of course if you allow RDF people will use it from the very moment they get lvl 15. That's how people think. They look for the easiest way, even if it includes sacrificing fun.

Original post of this forum stated that Warmane dev team is ready to listen to a feedback from people, but you seem to do everything to disprove every opinion you read here, making people feel like *****s, using your biased subjective arguments. Which may not be true either. Like how can you say that there is not many ppl wanting 1x rates, while there is at least couple of them on every single page that wants 1x (eventually 2x) rates. This is how you imagine listening to community?

And with this approach your responses feel, alas to say, very arrogant. Sniping on people like you do, is in fact very unprofessional. I'm aware of the fact that if you notice this, I might get response in which you attack me asking "what's wrong about saying this or that.." but sometimes people should think about themselves instead of blaming others.... just because they simply are not able to admit they do something in not optimal way. I realize there is many dumbasses with lobotomy in the forum and reading their opinions can easily frustrate anyone, it's like feeling how's your neurons dying but that's not an excuse of being arrogant to people. If i had a bad mood at my job, and thus being arrogant to my clients then trust me sir, i would get fired in matter of days/weeks.

4. Please make PVP, PVP = fun, i have a bad experience with vanilla in the very beginning, when i realize i can't attack a player because he is flagged to PVE, i give up at level 40 to create a new char in a PVP server.. ( i made chicken a few times but he dont turn on PVP flag) :( it doesn't make sense that I can't attack a player from another faction.

5. Talents and spells from Vanilla and TBC? Then boring gameplay and a lot of class will be useless.

6. Did you quote the wrong post by any chance? This is the sort of whining people throw at me when I don't sugarcoat my posts, which is always. My bluntness seems to be like Karen bait. OhieMitzen is a regular user, not part of the Staff, no idea why you would be acting otherwise.

Let me briefly address one thing you said, though: you must realize that listening to the community doesn't equate to doing what the community says. It's likely the biggest reason we ignore all calls for polls. If we did some poll (which can always be faked when creating accounts is easy and free) people would expect and act like it was some sort of divine commandment and throw a fit if the Warmane administration still decided to do differently. We listen to the community for good ideas and well-structured, non-biased, balanced critiques. "x1 is the right way" or "RDF will kill the server" are neither, for example.

7. Original post of this forum stated that Warmane dev team is ready to listen to a feedback from people, but you seem to do everything to disprove every opinion you read here, making people feel like *****s, using your biased subjective arguments. Which may not be true either. Like how can you say that there is not many ppl wanting 1x rates, while there is at least couple of them on every single page that wants 1x (eventually 2x) rates. This is how you imagine listening to community?
    Many players ask for 5x or 7x rate.
    On the forum, about 30-40 players wrote what they want 1x rate. About 10,000 other players agree with 5x rate.

You can set your rates 1x if you want and be quiet. BYE

8. Did you quote the wrong post by any chance? This is the sort of whining people throw at me when I don't sugarcoat my posts, which is always. My bluntness seems to be like Karen bait. OhieMitzen is a regular user, not part of the Staff, no idea why you would be acting otherwise.

Let me briefly address one thing you said, though: you must realize that listening to the community doesn't equate to doing what the community says. It's likely the biggest reason we ignore all calls for polls. If we did some poll (which can always be faked when creating accounts is easy and free) people would expect and act like it was some sort of divine commandment and throw a fit if the Warmane administration still decided to do differently. We listen to the community for good ideas and well-structured, non-biased, balanced critiques. "x1 is the right way" or "RDF will kill the server" are neither, for example.
    Hi. I don't think I quoted a wrong post. Well, I wanted to react to this person's behavior overall, not only to this one post, so I chose one of his posts and tried to sum up my opinion. It was basically after reading that post when it moved me to write something, even though it's most likely meaningless.

What I didn't know is the fact he's not part of the Warmane Staff, orange coloured name confused me. For that I do apologize to you and WM Staff.

Surely it's important to separate trash comments from well-structured suggestions/criticism (as you called it). A lot of people here are just whining and quarreling between each other which is totally worthless since Beta hasn't even started, though noone knows yet what functionalities will be the best ones for the realm.

For example I'm fan of QoL things like dual-specs, having shaman/paladin available for both factions even in vanilla, wotlk talents with some adjustments to make it work in Vanilla - ofc personal opinion. But it's based on experiencing almost all expansions since the WoW was created. We all know that original Vanilla (compared to later expansions standards) was far from perfect. That's why I think some adjustments are needed. We also know that some of the newer, more modern expansions (let's say after MoP) led to drop in monthly subcriptions for Blizzard Entertainment because it has it's flaws too, button for everything. You want to raid? Press a button and you can kill the last patch's boss without saying a word to anyone. All I know that when I played Lordaeron when it started few years ago, it was the most fun I had playing wow in a long time.

It is important to think about what's the true essence of the Vanilla game experience. Was it the sprint race to lvl 60 and do engame content, or experiencing the world and interacting with others? Even the path to lvl 60 was a challenge back then and when the one reached it it felt rewarding. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't necessarily means it has to be x1 (even though i'd like it this way).

Eventually, comments like "x1 is the best" / "RDF is wrong" aren't completely trash. At least it gives you overview about some sort of "demand". Count of these and similar comments can be used as a statistical tool. Anyway, we will se the results after Beta and hopefully you guys will make the right decision on how should the realm work to provide people with the best "product" possible.

Have a nice day everyone!

9. correction - not orange coloured name, but the title under his name evoked to me he is something more than just regular user.

10. It is important to think about what's the true essence of the Vanilla game experience. Was it the sprint race to lvl 60 and do engame content, or experiencing the world and interacting with others? Even the path to lvl 60 was a challenge back then and when the one reached it it felt rewarding. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't necessarily means it has to be x1 (even though i'd like it this way).
    5x will be fine for everyone. And if you don't like it, you can choose your own rate level.

11. orange coloured name confused me
    Odd, I see the same green as yours. The title just means he has been around for a while and has consistently offered help/knows how we work to give accurate advice.

For example I'm fan of QoL things like dual-specs, having shaman/paladin available for both factions even in vanilla, wotlk talents with some adjustments to make it work in Vanilla - ofc personal opinion.

It is important to think about what's the true essence of the Vanilla game experience. Was it the sprint race to lvl 60 and do engame content, or experiencing the world and interacting with others? Even the path to lvl 60 was a challenge back then and when the one reached it it felt rewarding.
    It's ironic that in your previous post you said Ohie was being contradictory to his own opinions, then write the lines above.
    Which is it, QoL or "true essence"? You seem to be picking and choosing based on nothing but what you like, no real regards for the server itself.

How can you expect shamans and paladins available when you want this "true essence"? Them being faction locked is even a lore thing, you can't get more "true essence" than respecting the basic lore.

How can you want to dictate the pace others play the game at (or seemingly want to force them to interact with others) while being a "fan of QoL"? Being able to choose to not do the tiresome grind (yet again for many people) is definitely something that fits giving "quality" to players "lives." Not having to deal with gankers even more so, and not having to deal with people longer than a dungeon is the "galaxy brain" of QoL.

Eventually, comments like "x1 is the best" / "RDF is wrong" aren't completely trash. At least it gives you overview about some sort of "demand". Count of these and similar comments can be used as a statistical tool. Anyway, we will se the results after Beta and hopefully you guys will make the right decision on how should the realm work to provide people with the best "product" possible.
    We have over a decade of statistics to guide our choices, even some failed experiments to tell us what doesn't work long term. Trust me, those comments don't add anything to the discussion or sway the Staff's decision, because they won't do anything to solve the problems that what they suggest could create down the line.

12. I read couple pages of this forum and I got to say you sir, kind of contradicts your own opinions. You said having RDF won't kill world PvP, but at withing couple hours you posted this where u say "what's wrong about levelling all the way from lvl 15?" which directly contradicts to what you said before. Because this WILL kill world pvp.

I realize there is many dumbasses with lobotomy in the forum and reading their opinions can easily frustrate anyone, it's like feeling how's your neurons dying but that's not an excuse of being arrogant to people. If i had a bad mood at my job, and thus being arrogant to my clients then trust me sir, i would get fired in matter of days/weeks.
    Have you ever actually played vanilla? There is a million things to do out in the world outside of travelling to dungeons. Mining, herbalism, devilsaur, crafting mats, night dragon, whipper root, demonic runes, felcloth, winterfall firewater, ekos, Blasted Lands buffs, essences, elemental fire, earth, not to mention raid attunements, chain quests for various rewards (Linken's sword for example), WORLD BOSSES. Just because people will level in dungeons doesnt mean the world will be dead whatsoever. The high level zones will be very active. Its world of WARcraft brother, PVP is the way. and the low levels will hardly be the targets, especially early on everyone will be busy doing other things than ganking lowbies. And at 60 you can always group with others to gain control over an area. PVP is THE WAY, and its obvious to everyone except those who wanna play an MMORPG in their safe little boxes, instead of finding solution to their problem, they whine and want everyone else to change.

13. Its world of WARcraft brother, PVP is the way.
    Seriously, quit with that obtuse argument. That's the name of the game, nothing else. If Warcraft I-III had been called Pony Island, you would be playing World of Pony Island right now. No continent or planet or world or whatever is called "Warcraft" in the game.

If that isn't enough, let's bring out the fact certain people are either ignorant about or love to pretend never happened: the original game had no PvP servers, the original game was PvE; PvP servers came later and PvE servers were called Normal when that happened. So fanboy PvP all you want, but if you're going to say PvE would kill Vanilla, you're saying the game died at launch, which isn't true now, is it?

14. Im pretty sure these pvp andies doesnt realise you have to be tagged for pvp in order to participate for the towers in Eastern Plaguelands and other similar objectives like Hellfire Peninsula and Terokkar Forest. So there you will always find the pvp you're looking for.

15. Seriously, quit with that obtuse argument. That's the name of the game, nothing else. If Warcraft I-III had been called Pony Island, you would be playing World of Pony Island right now. No continent or planet or world or whatever is called "Warcraft" in the game.

If that isn't enough, let's bring out the fact certain people are either ignorant about or love to pretend never happened: the original game had no PvP servers, the original game was PvE; PvP servers came later and PvE servers were called Normal when that happened. So fanboy PvP all you want, but if you're going to say PvE would kill Vanilla, you're saying the game died at launch, which isn't true now, is it?
    Just to clarify. The original plan was to not have PvP servers, but they were launched on release due to demand...

First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last