1. I suppose all characters on beta will be moved to Icecrown later . Atleast I hope so .

2. I suppose all characters on beta will be moved to Icecrown later . Atleast I hope so .
    Optional (opt-in) transfers to Icecrown at the end of Beta for anyone who wants to save whatever time they invested -might- be a nice thing to offer...if no bugs are found/abused which would harm Icecrown's "economy" during the beta. But it's also dev time (they'd probably have to create and test migration scripts/code, ie reset talents and other such things for character migration to work) which they might feel is better invested elsewhere.

3. I won't lie, I'm a bit surprised by the loud minority advocating for a PvE realm or "opt in" PvP as opposed to a full blown PvP realm...Obviously everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and to each their own - but I'll never really understand the want to neuter / remove an entire aspect of the game just to be able to run around and mindlessly fight AI with little to no risk. That risk is a major part of what makes the game fun, as well as making fighting the easy / mindless AI exciting imo.
    We're not asking to take away YOUR fun. On a PvE realm ruleset, you're welcome to have your fun, always watching your back for a stealthed rogue or hunter coming around a tree to gank you. If that paranoia and anxiety is fun for you, you're still welcome to /pvp. Some of us don't find that fun, and don't want to be forced to suffer for your enjoyment.

Sometimes we just want to relax in the open world while grinding endless mobs or endless fetch quests. Or the lunatics who like re-reading the quest lore text fully without quick-accepting it because we're worried if we sit still for too long, we make too tempting a target. We're asking for a place where everyone has the chance to have fun...with others that enjoy the same kind of fun they do.

4. I won't lie, I'm a bit surprised by the loud minority advocating for a PvE realm or "opt in" PvP as opposed to a full blown PvP realm...
    Actually, it's the minority of players who want it to be a pvp realm. There, I just gave as much evidence as you.

But what IS fact is that you can still pvp on a pve realm. So if your argument is that most players want to do world pvp, then the majority of players will just flag for pvp...right? So it doesn't make a difference if it's a pve realm. Other than maybe you lose the ability to camp lowbies, and what an awful shame that is. If only you could do that on every other Warmane server already. So maybe having one option as a pve realm isn't the end of the world. A pve realm where you can still pvp if you want.

5. WORLD PVP aka I gank low level players or less geared players than me.

6. The beta realm has been added to the realm selection. Characters can be created.

The realm will open up at around 10:00 server time. We are not looking to stress test the realm and there is no realm first race towards anything. So we are intentionally keeping the time a bit vague.

At this point we are looking for bugs regarding the state of the vanilla classes, mechanics, spells, formulas and whatnot. There are a million things that have been changed between WoTLK and Vanilla and we might have overlooked some areas.

Some information to take note of:
    - The 3.3.5a client you already have to connect to our existing WoTLK servers will work.
    - Class mechanics will be like vanilla
    - Diminishing returns will be like vanilla
    - Buffs from unfriendly targets will be hidden like vanilla
    - Spell scaling will be like vanilla
    - Stat scaling will be like vanilla. Even the formulas and numbers in the character info screen will be adjusted to the vanilla formulas (eg shamans will no longer get attackpower from agility, spirit to mp5 formula was adjusted and more.)
    - Hunter talent trees have been adjusted to be vanilla-like. We could not fit the old system into the WoTLK client so we went with something very similar.

This is only a small sample of the systems and adjustments we had to make to fully support vanilla. We are looking forward to showing it off to you all.

Also please note that none of our decisions are final and we are reading the feedback here, in the upcoming beta and elsewhere.

7. The first priority now is to solve the problem of the alliance. But you are all behavior is to work on forming a fish farm, and you are constantly confusing the public.
    lol you sound like a woke [destiny fan] joe biden hollywood [cnn reporter] netflix agenda supporter bro. if i am confusing you i-can-talk-slower-and-easier. please don't tell me the only solution you see is the communist idea of forcing people to play a faction that they don't want it

8. Made some characters. It's so nice you don't have to download another client or anything.

Really loving the whole concept of this project. Just hoping it ends up as a pve realm.

9. Hope it will be a PVP or RP PVP realm!!!

10. We're not asking to take away YOUR fun. On a PvE realm ruleset, you're welcome to have your fun, always watching your back for a stealthed rogue or hunter coming around a tree to gank you. If that paranoia and anxiety is fun for you, you're still welcome to /pvp. Some of us don't find that fun, and don't want to be forced to suffer for your enjoyment.

Sometimes we just want to relax in the open world while grinding endless mobs or endless fetch quests. Or the lunatics who like re-reading the quest lore text fully without quick-accepting it because we're worried if we sit still for too long, we make too tempting a target. We're asking for a place where everyone has the chance to have fun...with others that enjoy the same kind of fun they do.
    This argument has always been so weak because it ignores the fundamental premise of an MMO; if you segregate the intent of various players then it decreases community incentive and participation at large. It's the same tired argument people made back during cata when advocating for flying mounts in Azeroth, do you want that as well? The majority playing wrath respect that that's not a feature and have no desire to see it implemented. If you do, you might as well go play on a cata server. The irony is that YOU are the one trying to impose your way of life on others by insisting that everybody play with an opt-in opt-out system, even though the functionality of an opt-in/opt-out system is deeply different than an automatic pvp system. Lastly, IN VANILLA SPECIFICALLY, A MAJOR FACET OF THE ENDGAME REVOLVES AROUND FIGHTING FOR RESOURCES, SINCE THE GAME IS SO WORLDBUFF AND CONSUMABLE ORIENTED. If you remove this, nobody will willfully flag, because why disadvantage yourself when contesting resources? So 'optional' pvp in the context of vanilla isn't really optional, as everyone will just default to pve, and the economy will become static as a consequence. You remove pvp-realms in vanilla (a game entirely about the dynamic of the world itself), then you remove the dynamic of the world and you reduce the game to being a raidlog simulator, for... the most simplistic, and the easiest, version of the game ever made in terms of pve. That novelty and appeal will not last. Enjoy your raidlogging dad simulating 1 button rotation game, I guess.

11. Since many small details will be kept like vanilla, will hunters have huge blind zone? Or being able to autoattack while chanelling?

12. After all 3 expansions where will those characters go?

13. What is 10:00 Servertime for EU People?

14. What is 10:00 Servertime for EU People?
    https://www.warmane.com/
    Compare the time shown just above the realmlist at the top right to your own time.

15. https://www.warmane.com/
    Compare the time shown just above the realmlist at the top right to your own time.
    aaaa thats a smart thing :)
    TYSM!

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

by the way guys: Make the Alliance GREAT AGAIN <3

First ... 1656646566676876116 ... Last