1. Ninja looters and selling drops for gold instead of rolls

I had a very bad raid yesterday, but the aftermath of that raid feels kinda worse so I am writing to ask about some of the rules that I could not find on the forum.

(before the story starts, I do not use discord so I raid in public groups or with my guild that uses chat in game)
    ((I have already made an in game ticket with screenshots, I do not know if it's allowed to name people here on forum so I will just write the race and class untill I am informed if it's allowed to write names))

The following happened, icc 25 norm public group gets robbed by leader

I look on global for groups and find one
    Leader states before start of raid that it's a normal run and nothing is ress
    I write to raid leader, tauren druid, that I am a tank paladin and he politely lets me in and I am 1st tank, ppl talk and have fun joking in group while we fill the group, he seems nice at start

Another tank has been found, a tauren deathknight, naturally, I inspect his gear to see what he has, so I know if we both need some same drops, I notice that he already had the helm (Broken Ram Skull Helm) I need but we both don't have shoulders (Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons
    Heroic)

The group is filled, we all go in and we go 1st boss, all is going smooth, we do 2nd boss, again all is going well, and the helm drops
    There have been no ms changes so by default the helm would be mine, no rolls which I didn't find odd because most groups roll later so nobody leaves, I am happy to see the helm I raided for weeks and we continue
    We do gunship 25hc and win, all is great and we open the chest, the drop is a double shoulder drop, i couldn't believe it, we were so happy that both would get it without worry, so we just went further and did the 4th boss np a mark for sanctif pala gear drops and I am happy to be able to roll on it later

Then we went inside, we got to rotface, we wiped and didn't really understand what happened so we tried again
    nobody argued or anything and we just tried again, we wiped a 2nd time

I asked group members what happened, they said that we tanks did good but leader didn't check and we only had 20 ppl inside somehow other were afk in fight
    While talking to others inside leader called raid over, we all were confused and wanted to continue but he insisted it was raid over

Here is where it started going from bad to worse
    He listed 1st item and wrote 5k gold (I have ss of everything I put them in ticket, I can post here if allowed but not if not allowed I don't want to break rules)
    Members start to write wtf start the roll, but leader writes no roll and goes listing price like 5k 4k and I am very confused bcs I played since deathwing 10y ago old server was alive and never saw that happen.
    We all insisted that he roll but he just continued, then he listed my helm for 5k
    At that moment I was very gutpunched bcs:
    1. I didn't know if in situations like that it's even allowed to pay for the gear (even if I am the only one that can get it) and if you will get punished like the ninja looter keeping loot hostage and
    2. even if it was allowed, I only had about 800 gold in my bag

He skips the help and he says shoulders next, he lists them for 4k and we see a s letter, people start asking if that means sold but he says nothing, I asked the Dk tauren if he bought it and he said no he didnt' buy it.
    He continues and puts up the sanct mark, without a price, 2 peopel roll and i roll too, out of 3 rolls I roll highest number and ask for it, he asks for thousands of gold again I ask politely why he is mean like that he says no roll give gold.

The group started to fall apart and the druid leader ran to dalaran portal, I followed him, he noticed that i follow him and he started to whisp me, saying he will give me my 3 drops for 4k gold, I tell him I don't have gold, he goes down to 3 then 2 and opens trade window taunting me,I ask politely for drops and say that I was polite 0 insults nothing he just says no roll pay
    I told him I have only 800 gold he said ok give 1k gold and laughed, I said I don't have it and he said oke I go sell items bye and he left

Now a day later I have a ingame ticked waiting to get a reply, but just now I was just curious and went to inspect the dk I tanked with and he has the shoulders, so even he lied to me and he bought them (have proof that he said he didn't and he couldn't get them otherwise he didn't have them before), now i'm sitting here thinking...
    What is going on?
    What is allowed and what isn't?
    Did I miss out on those drops bcs I didn't have gold?
    Would I have gotten punished if I paid for them ?
    What's right, whats wrong?
    Is there a way for me to get the drops I deserved or did I have a week raid wasted, will the dk keep the drop he paid for and others won't get them bcs they maybe didn't have gold like me? what is going to be the end result?

2. Since nothing of the sort was mentioned before the raid started and you didn't get your share of gold after the raid(in case you misunderstood something), it's safe to say it was some ninja.

You reported him and that's the extent of your involvement. Don't join shady pugs.

3. The raid was a normal raid, nothing was mentioned about gold for drops.
    At the begining it was established clearly that nothing is reserved and that it's a regular raid.
    Every member of the raid was revolting and threatened to report, everyone was liek wtf why is he demanding gold for the loot...

The thing is, I see the DK got the shoulders and he clearly paid for the drop that was already ours yet he told me he didn't so i didnt' do it either bcs a)i thought it wasn't allowed and b) I didn't have gold even if i wanted to
    And he clearly got them from the ninja leader, but other people didn't get the drops, there was a lot of things we could have gotten.
    Now I don't understand, was that allowed, to get the drop you rolled for but was held hostage that way for gold to get them, is there a way to get the drops after all this since there are proof and screenshots in ticket and so on?

4. No, you won't get any of the drops. If reports are made with proper evidence, the raid leader will be punished. You can try to include this Death Knight - with proper evidence - but it doesn't seem likely he would get any ban. He didn't steal anything, he just "paid the ransom" everyone was wrongfully subjected to, and that's assuming he didn't get it elsewhere.

5. Well I don't think he could have gotten the exact same drop elsewhere since it was the same drops that we both had gotten (double drop) and were asked gold to get it.
    I have proof in the ss I provided it shows that he told me he didn't pay for it yet he has the shoulders later the same day, and in chat the leader states he sold them to someone in raid.
    So since I want to learn from this, is it allowed to "pay the ransom" in cases like these?
    I have received a reply to my ticket just now it just stated "thank you for reporting"
    What do I do if it happens again? Was the DK allowed to pay for the drop that was held?
    If i for exampel have gold on hand, and leader does this instead of rolling, and someone buys the drop, is that allowed or not, is there a explicit rule?
    I couldn't find the info anywhere so I didn't risk it, when in doubt I don't do anything that could get me in trouble in the game but I want to know for future if it was allowed, because if it was allowed I basically lost 3 upgrade drops bcs I didn't have 200 extra gold on hand

6. You thinking he didn't get it elsewhere doesn't really mean anything. GMs won't issue any ban if there's reasonable doubt. Either it's an "open & shut" sort of thing or the evidence leaves room for doubt and nothing happens.

Your questions regarding in-game rules beyond what's stated in the Forum should be directed to a GM, using an in-game ticket.

7. Not really thinking or imagining anything, just putting 2 and 2 together.
    Some of the people in raid were guildmates (just a few not many) they reported the case too with ss, they were also pretty certain DK paid for the drop and we believe it even more after we see him having the item the same day (less than 12h later), if his acc would be checked and no purchase was made over the warmane store with coins, it's proof he got them for gold from the leader.

But all that is less the point, I'm not mad if he got the drop I'm sad that all other people got robbed, the main focus is that nobody of us knew if it was allowed or not so we all didn't pay, nobody could recall if there is a rule for such situations, my buddy healer lost a shield from1st boss and so on, many missed out bcs we either didn't know if we are allowed to pay ransom or didn't have enough to pay.

I thank you for that last part of information, I will ask a GM to find out and know for certain for future raids if there is a rule that states if it's allowed to get drops by paying ransom.
    Thank you for the input.