1. Multiboxing in Vanilla/TBC with IWT+CTM enabled.

It's time to discuss good boxing setups for the upcoming progressive realm Onyxia.
    The realm will run on 3.3.5 client so I guess it's safe to say that IWT + CTM will function (which wasn't the case on the original Vanilla/TBC client). So most likely we'll be able to box melee teams efficiently.

I'm kinda tired of boxing ele shamis for the hundredth time so I'm wondering what melee setups would be viable. Especially in terms of pvp.
    3-4 warr and 1-2 resto shami sounds like fun to me but w/o combat charge I'm a bit concerned that range opponents gonna kite me to nirvana in Vanilla.
    On the other hand in TBC 3-4 warr with mace spec and Stormherald should lead to a pretty amusing stun fiesta.

2. I had 4 warriors with a t2,5 shaman on retail classic with pretty much the entire warrior T0,5 set, gladiator chest, hoj and MC weapons and I tell you that lineup sucks in pvp if you dont have FAPs with you all the time. I'd rather go for shaman priest 3 warriors than shaman 4 warriors on top of havin infinite FAPs (also for the shaman). Having 2 heals saves you farming an additional glad chest/hoj too and you can go more yolo with double heals in pve ;)

I'll likely stick to 4 shamans because I cant play anything else

Just as a fair note to anyone who comes from wrath to vanilla, imo multiboxing pvp in vanilla sucks alltogether be warned...the absence of resilience gear, poor hybrid class mana pools and everyone having sapper charges makes it very difficult

if anyone is interested I have a video of clearing strat live in 17 minutes something with shaman 4 warrior, but I'd have to look through some harddrives...
    Edited: August 8, 2023

3. Hey Kruschpak. Borug here. We used to multibox together back on Outland realm. I had 4 ele shami and hpala on ally side.

What do you think would be the best PvP setup for Vanilla? Ele shamis? Mages? Multidotting Locks?

I'm kinda hyped to multibox this time a melee comb in 5s arena when TBC goes live. I imagine that 3 warr with 2 healers could work pretty good in TBC. With triple Stormherald and mace spec the opponents will probably die in stun lock before they are even able to kite.
    Also 4-5 shockadins in 5s arena are definitely worth a try I guess.
    Well, it will probably take a year until TBC but I guess we'll have more fun there than on Vanilla. At least when it comes to PvP...

4. hey, if you're playing horde we could join up for pve later if we got enough boxers to fill a raid lol. In my limited vanilla view for pvp I'd simply run ele shamans with maximum stamina/intellect/mp5 gear, the base damage of the spells is high enough to neglect any kind of spellpower/cloth gear. I know from 18 years ago the guy with priest 4 mages did r13 but I have a hard time believing his strategy of having arcane explosion and holy nova on the same button works in todays environment.

On the tbc part I'm not ruling out trying the shockadins myself when the ele shamans are done gearing, but tiple warriors in tbc have too many issues that can't be fixed with two healers. Thats why the only good multiwar setup there was double war triple heal so they had dispells nonstop while the shaman did the healing. You know, unless you queue into some double lock warrior double heal which by the way hard countered the shamans, the issue will be all the mage/hunter teams where you simply can't connect to anything. 4 shockadins might be the holy grail to counter both tongue spamming lock teams and hunter/mage teams but I'm a bit skeptical because of their low mana pool. You'll be out of steam after a minute of fight so we'll see about that. The good thing is I know and played with the mother of all shockadin players so I will have indepth shockadin knowledge by the time I get there :D

5. 5x Balance Druid and there is absolutely nothing that could stop me

6. hey, if you're playing horde we could join up for pve later if we got enough boxers to fill a raid lol.
    I'm not that much into PvE but if PvP boxing isn't viable in Vanilla then I'll join you for raids.

Have you tried the PTR? Unfortunately I don't have the time to play right now but I guess the PTR would be the perfect testing environment for different setups.

By looking at the Vanilla talent trees it seems to me like ele shamis are once again the best option for PvP.
    But if they have mana issues maybe 3 sl locks and 2 healers would also be a thing? Since locks never run oom...

I'm really tired of boxing ele shamis so I'll most likely stick to melee setups for Vanilla and TBC even when it's suboptimal. I think that especially blizzard spam will be a huge problem to deal with.

7. I mean classic is all about having gold so you'll need to do some pve anyway. If you can spend as much money as you want on free action potions, manapots, dark runes, flasks ect. you'll have a good time with most setups but unless its 5 hybrid I'd go double heal 3 dps really. Stuff just dies too fast to pve lords if you have only one healer that gets locked down.

Also check out the jagged obsidian shield, I used it in tbc vs some caster teams its amazing vs blizzard/aoe...unfortunately they didnt patch it into the game until late s4 when I hard it reported for a year or so that the plans were missing on Outland server.
    Edited: August 20, 2023

8. The shield looks quite promising. Should make it possible to annihilate mages during the silence effect before they can escape with blink.
    I'm actually thinking to roll triple gnome warr and 2 holy palys.
    I'd really love to have a resto shami for windfury totem but I guess for the Warrs it's probably better to have hof and escape artist because mobility is just too important in PvP.

I'm wondering if it would be a viable option to play melee/heal hybrid in PvP because pala or shami have SP and strength on their set.

Did you find the time to check the Beta server out?

9. Does anybody have any suggestions for a 5-man composition for PvE? I'm fairly new to boxing and I use HKN, so a simpler setup would probably be preferred, but the meta changes with each xpac, so what's something that would be reasonably straightforward and still effective through the entire cycle?

I can level with anything, but for endgame I'm looking at almost exclusively dungeons, with maybe the rare occasion of PvP. (The only role I've consistently enjoyed in PvP is druid healing, but I don't know if I'd dislike PvP less when boxing.) Not sure if I'll ever bother with enough accounts to raid.

On Icecrown I currently have two teams: DK/4 Ret and Pal / 4 SPriest. But for Onyxia I'm kicking around either Druid / 4 Sham or 5 Druids. Thoughts?

10. Did you find the time to check the Beta server out?
    no but maybe this weekend...

For warriors playing gnome with pally/priest is likely a good advantage in pvp but as there is no resilience gear you might want to heal and not dispel, so in the end it comes down to having free action potions up and spamming heals and avoid mages when faps are on cooldown...thats just my opinion from having done some world pvp, never entered BGs with them as its annoying without follow on retail (before it got banned entirely).

Does anybody have any suggestions for a 5-man composition for PvE?
    Anything works for classic pve dungeons really. Just keep in mind how bad manapools for hybrids are, 5 ele shamans are not fun in pve unfortunately. Or atleast have a mage with a casterteam. If you're familiar with meleeboxing already I really suggest some arms warrior shaman combo once it hits level 32 things go wild with WF totem. Also grind 4 ravagers and keep them, they do so well in stratholme lol.
    Edited: September 22, 2023