1. cant log in to wotlk

i enter the username and password but cant log in, it says connecting and then unnable to connect, please try again alter

2. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

3. More details will be helpful. Is this recent problem you're experiencing as current player, or are you new player - trying to log for first time?
    Sounds like firewall issue to me, but with current information nothing can be said for sure
    Anyway, ports you should allow for WoW to function are: 1119 and 3724 from what I remember, but you can verify all of the required on IANA
    I was having the same issue from time to time for the past 2 days. Im not sure why is this happening, i never remembered anything like that to accure before.
    How exactly you should "allow" those ports?

4. Also op, have you tried to enter Onyxia beta recently? Maybe it messes up something somehow idk? Maybe staff will confirm or deny if it has anything to do with accessing beta realm, because for instance nothing has been replaced/changed with my internet and router since than. Everything should be working fine and as intended.

5. . .

6. It's the tcp/udp traffic to/from those required ports. Some require both, some require only to listen to (udp)
    Can be the ISP = GPON, followed by your own modem which have own traffic policies, or the OS firewall itself eg if it's *nix - ip/nf tables etc. Instant "Unable to connect" usually means that you wasn't able to establish any connection to the server - timed out - blocked.
    There is also good chance that the server itself is blocking/ignoring your requests for some reason, like blacklisted network/vpn or just location.

You can't expect adequate answer to something like "i enter the username and password but cant log in, it says connecting and then unnable to connect, please try again alter" without any further explanation
    1.12 macros language is easier to read than those first two lines. I got the idea yea but i'll just hope that the issue is not on my side. Can log to IC/Lordaeron with no issues right now on a new fresh client.

7. It's the tcp/udp traffic to/from those required ports. Some require both, some require only to listen to (udp)
    Can be the ISP = GPON, followed by your own modem which have own traffic policies, or the OS firewall itself eg if it's *nix - ip/nf tables etc.
    Is it possible to simplify this in a way that will actually help to fix the problem lol?

8. It seems that the issue accures every 30-40 min or so in my case. What kind of "further explanation" i should provide to actually fix it?

9. Update
    Tested it on another wow project server just to clarify. No issues accuring there what so ever. Opened their WoW and Warmane in two different windows.
    I don't believe that this is a problem on user's end :(

10. . .

11. 1. There is no "Edit" button anymore :(
    2. Im not American

ima snitching dat to jannies rn lol (jk i won't, they will see it themselves anyway)
    But why even bother "helping" in the first place, speaking gibberish that 3 people in the world understand, and then calling me ego for what? For trying to solve the problem and providing actuall info to the issue instead of throwing advanced terms and defs out there? I would argue who has more ego...