1. x5 experience rate on Vanilla ? really ?

Due to the excitement i had for this server i have probably missed the information about x5 exp rate.
    I can just give you advice to NOT make it x5 due to following reasons:
    1. Compared to lordareon wich is x1 we can still level up really fast even without any help from anyone or main characters, atleast up to 10 levels per day and that number lowers down as you level up ofcourse.
    2.If you can level up faster then lordareon there will be no vanilla experience besides the "original talents" wich is not enough to keep people playing.
    3.People will just make tons of alts because of the fast leveling and you probably want to keep them engaged and timewasting.

I mean if you say Vanilla experience bring it back full on not just few parts of it, people asked for changes on some classes but on the forum moderatos said that will disturb the balance of the game etc... the x5 rate will distrurb everything there is left from that vanilla experience, as an old school player personaly im not interested anymore and i think alot of people share the same opinion.
    Look there is hard core players anyway, people will fly through the level even without x5 if you know what i mean so this is just too much to call it vanilla.

2. You will be able to set your own rate to x1, or even x0.5 if you like. You can have your "Vanilla experience," you just won't be able to dictate that everyone else should play the same way.

3. Playing on the same server but with different rates is unlogical for me, i was not dictating anything, it was advice/suggestion.

4. That option has been available in our servers for a while now, no one has complained that it's "unlogical." You might want to explain why it's so if you expect it to be taken in consideration.

Your advice/suggestion dictates how others should play, so yes, you are.

5. That option has been available in our servers for a while now, no one has complained that it's "unlogical." You might want to explain why it's so if you expect it to be taken in consideration.

Your advice/suggestion dictates how others should play, so yes, you are.
    Well with my friends we heard about the new Onyxia "vanilla experiene" server and we wanted to experience the good old days again but i have to know how it will play out so we will know what are we getting into because we are new on the server ofcourse.
    Does the xp rate affects the reputations aswell ?
    if so, we'd have to find a special x1 rate guild to be in phase with them as for others that are playing x5 will grind the reputations and prequests for dungeons and raids faster, thats my point.

6. All that has been said so far is about experience rates.

There have been many others who have asked for lower rates as well, so it should be no problem for you to find more people playing at x1 and either join their guild or create your own. Unless they themselves don't play on x1 after repeatedly asking for x1, but that would just say they didn't want x1 that much after all.

7. All that has been said so far is about experience rates.

There have been many others who have asked for lower rates as well, so it should be no problem for you to find more people playing at x1 and either join their guild or create your own. Unless they themselves don't play on x1 after repeatedly asking for x1, but that would just say they didn't want x1 that much after all.
    Besides the level and rep xp, does the 5x rate affects the loot or the bosses by any chance, i'd had to ask.

8. As I already answered: all that has been said so far is about experience rates, that's what's mentioned in the announcement.

9. Let's say it takes you 10 real life days of playing to reach 60 at 1x. If you play at 1x when everyone else is at 5x, are you telling me you don't expect people to join a week after launch and, playing 5x, ding 60 the same time you do? Or when you're 30-40 they were a few days late and caught up? No matter when you join, or what rate you play at, there will be people at the same leveling point you are. Doing the same quests/zones/dungeons. They'll be cycling through the gearing when you are. IF you really enjoy the 1x rate, the ONLY thing you're missing out on by playing 1x instead of 5x is the "realm first" bragging rights...and honestly, that bragging right just means you can play when sleep deprived, and nothing else.

10. Let's say it takes you 10 real life days of playing to reach 60 at 1x. If you play at 1x when everyone else is at 5x, are you telling me you don't expect people to join a week after launch and, playing 5x, ding 60 the same time you do? Or when you're 30-40 they were a few days late and caught up? No matter when you join, or what rate you play at, there will be people at the same leveling point you are. Doing the same quests/zones/dungeons. They'll be cycling through the gearing when you are. IF you really enjoy the 1x rate, the ONLY thing you're missing out on by playing 1x instead of 5x is the "realm first" bragging rights...and honestly, that bragging right just means you can play when sleep deprived, and nothing else.
    hehehe got some point here and there will think about it

11. All that has been said so far is about experience rates.

If there is "many others" who have asked for lower rates, atleast take it into consideration and think about it, or perhaps make a VOTE on the subject to see people standings, and maybe in the end you will decide to go in the middle with 3x, all this depends on if the subject is still open or not, thanks for your time.

12. If there is "many others" who have asked for lower rates, atleast take it into consideration and think about it, or perhaps make a VOTE on the subject to see people standings, and maybe in the end you will decide to go in the middle with 3x, all this depends on if the subject is still open or not, thanks for your time.
    If you want 1x, set it as 1x and enjoy the game. If other people want 5x, let them play 5x.

Im a fan of 1x myself, but this 5x is gonna allow me to play my first char on lower rates, while i can push my alts without wasting too much time. Why would you need to impose "your wish" on everyone else i wonder? Because its obviously about people around you, you yourself can pick 1x if you want...

13. If there is "many others" who have asked for lower rates, atleast take it into consideration and think about it, or perhaps make a VOTE on the subject to see people standings, and maybe in the end you will decide to go in the middle with 3x, all this depends on if the subject is still open or not, thanks for your time.
    There are waaaaaay more "many others" who either want x5 or aren't complaining about variable rates.
    We have never opened a vote for decisions, only for feedback. Creating polls still would make people act like they had decided something, and if we do something else anyway, it would just create a lot of whining. It's pointless as well, we are aware there are people who would rather it be x1. Setting it to x3 is still trying to dictate how others should be playing - this time for both those who want lower and higher than that - when we want to give them options.

14. If you want 1x, set it as 1x and enjoy the game. If other people want 5x, let them play 5x.

Im a fan of 1x myself, but this 5x is gonna allow me to play my first char on lower rates, while i can push my alts without wasting too much time. Why would you need to impose "your wish" on everyone else i wonder? Because its obviously about people around you, you yourself can pick 1x if you want...
    "Impose your wish" Look mate im not forcing anyone with a stick to do something that i want, this is place for stuff like this, to suggest/ ask and talk about stuff, choose your words carefully and chill.

15. There are waaaaaay more "many others" who either want x5 or aren't complaining about variable rates.
    We have never opened a vote for decisions, only for feedback. Creating polls still would make people act like they had decided something, and if we do something else anyway, it would just create a lot of whining. It's pointless as well, we are aware there are people who would rather it be x1. Setting it to x3 is still trying to dictate how others should be playing - this time for both those who want lower and higher than that - when we want to give them options.
    Sure i understand, thanks for your time.

123 ... Last