1. I want the experience to be as close to Vanilla as possible
    Its been 20 years now, players habits have changed, min-max guides are defining most of the meta, the game is 100% discovered.

It is not Vanilla, It is Classic experience. By definition, It can never be Vanilla again.

I won't be playing on the "Vanilla" server because of the variable leveling rate since low-level pvp will be pretty much non-existent.
    For this exact same reason, we would really appreciate being able to chill in major city and enjoy some pve coordination, without being continuesly ganked outdoors.

2. 5x is too low imo. Leveling in vanilla is god awful boringly slow unless you're AoE farming as a mage

3. 5x is a hard pass for me and my guild, sorry.

4. I think devs are completely missing the whole point of exp rates in vanilla. Some people are seeing the trees but not the forest. It's true that it would effect low-lvl's not finding groups for dungeons, or not finding ppl to complete certain elite quests or also not pvping in low levels zones. All are key features of what shapes a true vanilla/classic experience.
    But again, thats not what drive us to play vanilla.

I will put it simple so that everyone understands. And I am guessing that who doesn't hasn't played vanilla for real and its just trying to guess based on what fresh TBC or WOTLK feels like. Trust me, its completely different.

The reason we play vanilla and what keeps us engaged Its COMPETITION.
    If you put different choosable lvl exp rates, n1 will pick the lower ones, because it would literally kill themselves in competing. You would be always falling short in consumables, engineering, gear pre-bis finding groups etc...
    The game has a HUGE strategic component when a server is fresh. It puts you in mindset that is driven by competition. What items will I farm in the next lvl bracket? Where will I lvl to obtain a necessary upgrade? What dungeons do I need to run to obtain X weapon/armor?
    These constant needs for upgrades due to having to lvl for long periods of time with the SAME abilities and low to no upgrades is what drive people competition to stay ahead of the curve. YOU MUST have a strategy beforehand.
    With 5x rates, there is no curve, there is no need to thrive for the next upgrade, there is no vanilla.

I understand the need to increase a little bit xp rates. but I would cap it at 1.5 (same as blizzard did for some expansions realeases to allow people to catch up on lvling mains or alts). 5x is absurdly high and completely destroys leveling in a fresh server. The feeling would be the same as you lvl an alt in a TBC or WOTLK server currently in classic -> ur alone and nothing happens until you reach max lvl, there is no experience.

I love the idea to start a progressive server from vanilla to TBC to WOTLK.
    But devs need to understand that vanilla isn't like TBC or WOTLK were people actually thrives for endgame. Its a complete different feeling.

Regarding RDF I don't see the problem to make it happen. People still has to talk in LF groups and when they get into the group and then travel to the instance.

5. lowering ur exp rate will never make u feel like ur playing vanilla if everyone else doesnt do the same. Your missing the whole point of what leveling in vanilla is, again cause ur looking at it as an individual perspective removing the group engagement that vanilla has.

6. Okay...this isn't a vanilla server for the vanilla experience. It's a progressive server meant to progress through the content in a timely manner. Unfortunately that means making sure players can level into the content in a timely manner, thus, the higher rates.

And yes, playing 1x at fresh you won't be competing against the people who stay at 5x and level faster. No, it's more like the vanilla experience of joining an established server that's been around, and trying to level and catch up. You still have the competition. And it's more akin to the experience the majority of players had when playing OG Vanilla...MOST players didn't join WoW and start playing the day the realm opened. They joined months after WoW launched because they heard from friends or blogs or read in a magazine how cool WoW was, and wanted to try it for themselves. THAT is the True Vanilla Experience you're getting if you decide to play at 1x...the experience MOST players got to enjoy back in the old days. HAVE FUN! :D

7. Leveling on 1x is the dullest boring thing you could make me do, ive done it like 8x alrdy and sick of it, never doing it again. Reality is many people are like this, and will either pay for boost, buy lvl 60 account, or just buy powerleveling. 5x is amazing, i am very happy about it.

8. So, whats your vision of vanilla then? Leveling to 60 in 1-2 days, do your Pre BiS stuff, clear MC. Lets say it takes you 5-10 days to complete that, what then?

Fact is, Vanilla isnt an expansion where you have much to do at 60. And on top of that, most classes/specs arent even viable to raid with, so making 10 Alts to do the same **** again isnt an option either.

If its x5, or even higher, i'll finish all i have to do in a few days and then just afk raidlogging, or i'll annoy people in redridge as max level because endgame doesnt offer me anything, since im already done with it.

9. imagine expecting long lasting vanilla experience in a progress through expansions realm project.

10. 5x is more than fine, I get the lovers of low xp rates but for me leveling for the 50th time at 1x is not it. I just don't enjoy it. I prefer farming dungeons, pvping and raiding.

11. Why is everyone talking about 5x when the news thread says 3x? Little confused.

12. Why is everyone talking about 5x when the news thread says 3x? Little confused.
    This thread was started when 5x was the advertised rate and was the "default" rate for the PTR.

13. The x3 settings are great, thank you very much!
    x5 would definitely be too much.

14. I'd love to see x5 rates because for me vanilla is extremely boring. But I understand that for hardcore players it was going to be too fast.

First ... 789