1. I concur with joshuachen's sentiments on the matter. I comprehend that Warmane currently does not support sharing accounts with family members and exclusively requires gmail accounts for registration, a policy which may appear somewhat impractical. Nevertheless, it is apparent that these decisions may have already had a detrimental impact on the financial performance of Warmane. This move, I believe, has the potential to result in significant losses for the Warmane team.

In the realm of security, the principle should remain straightforward yet highly effective. Many players within this community face daily challenges posed by viruses and hackers. Therefore, the proposed solution should not hinge solely on an email-based security model. Allow me to elucidate why this approach is inherently flawed.model.
    Consider a scenario in which an individual's account is compromised by a malicious hacker. In such a situation, it is reasonable to assume that the hacker gains access to the victim's email account as well. This grants the hacker virtually unrestricted control, rendering any security measures tied solely to the email account vulnerable to exploitation. As someone well-versed in security matters, I maintain that the most prudent approach is to implement a two-factor authentication (2-FA) system, and nothing less.

I propose that Warmane allows players to download 2-FA authentication apps on their smartphones, offering them an additional layer of security during the login process. This approach, I believe, would be far more robust and resilient against the threats posed by hackers. Additionally, it would address the considerable issue stemming from the widespread use of proxy chains in recent hacking incidents, which has led to substantial IP-related concerns within the Warmane community.

I work in cybersecurity, and I strongly believe relying solely on emails is a bad idea. It can lead to security issues and harm the player experience. A shift to stronger authentication methods like 2-FA is vital to protect both finances and player base.

Consider implementing a trial period without email protection and only 2-FA APP. This could help demonstrate the reduction in security issues caused by email-based systems.

as an exalted user (yes, I am EXALTED) , I want to express my disappointment. Many of my friends stopped playing due to the frustrating IP and email issues. It's disheartening to see how things have evolved, especially since Warmane/Molten used to be an epic place to be. Good luck to everyone!

2. I maintain that the most prudent approach is to implement a two-factor authentication (2-FA) system, and nothing less.
    What are you talking about...? We've had that for years. Even the in-game version part, which came later, was introduced in 2016. The original post in this thread even mentions it. Is the fact that text looks AI generated more than a coincidence?

3. Security implementations such as this should be optional and not forced upon the playerbase simply because there are many accounts that lost their email access one way or another and can no longer play after this update.
    IMO its a step-down for warmane players and community.

4. Dyslexia has a point, not sure why it's AI generated, dude has a point man, you are not reading what he says, you force EMAIL PROTECTION, and that's BAD!!! No big company is using EMAIL protection, it's 2-FA + phone number (sim card), like a BANK! So if you wanna have epic protection, do it how banks do it, via phone + 2FA, emails are **** practice 1000%, have you ever been hacked? Email is first thing hacker takes over and monitor, sadly I know. I don't like this new system, prolly it's gonna drop player base even more meh, ****in world sux, non stop crappy updates

5. Security implementations such as this should be optional and not forced upon the playerbase simply because there are many accounts that lost their email access one way or another and can no longer play after this update.
    IMO its a step-down for warmane players and community.
    It's a minor inconvenience at worst. This is an industry standard. I don't think we'll be apologizing for heightening our community's account security.
    Dyslexia has a point, not sure why it's AI generated, dude has a point man, you are not reading what he says, you force EMAIL PROTECTION, and that's BAD!!! No big company is using EMAIL protection, it's 2-FA + phone number (sim card), like a BANK! So if you wanna have epic protection, do it how banks do it, via phone + 2FA, emails are **** practice 1000%, have you ever been hacked? Email is first thing hacker takes over and monitor, sadly I know. I don't like this new system, prolly it's gonna drop player base even more meh, ****in world sux, non stop crappy updates
    Phone is the default for many people regarding such systems, but email is and has always been an alternative. Going forward, you might see that sort of integration. But for now, email is what we'll be using. Seeing as how you had to use an email to register your account, this shouldn't be an issue.

You speak about crappy updates, but you know what also gets constantly updated? Methods used to steal your information.

6. Dyslexia has a point, not sure why it's AI generated, dude has a point man, you are not reading what he says, you force EMAIL PROTECTION, and that's BAD!!! No big company is using EMAIL protection, it's 2-FA + phone number (sim card), like a BANK! So if you wanna have epic protection, do it how banks do it, via phone + 2FA, emails are **** practice 1000%, have you ever been hacked? Email is first thing hacker takes over and monitor, sadly I know. I don't like this new system, prolly it's gonna drop player base even more meh, ****in world sux, non stop crappy updates
    At what point did anyone say we're forcing the use of email? It's simply going to your email if you don't already have it set up, it's not like we can enable 2fa with the app and inject your unique key into your phone or whatever you're using.

7. Dyslexia has a point, not sure why it's AI generated, dude has a point man, you are not reading what he says, you force EMAIL PROTECTION, and that's BAD!!! No big company is using EMAIL protection, it's 2-FA + phone number (sim card), like a BANK! So if you wanna have epic protection, do it how banks do it, via phone + 2FA, emails are **** practice 1000%, have you ever been hacked? Email is first thing hacker takes over and monitor, sadly I know. I don't like this new system, prolly it's gonna drop player base even more meh, ****in world sux, non stop crappy updates
    Also, "yeah that other guy has a point!"
    The two of you have the exact same IP.
    Imagine using an alt account to agree with yourself.

8. this is bad decision but whatever player say no one cares

9. simply because there are many accounts that lost their email access one way or another and can no longer play after this update.
    Additionally on top of what Mercy stated, that's an user-created issue that these supposed email-less players should have fixed when it happened. We shouldn't and won't base our security decisions on players being imprudent with their registration email like that. It's them who should take the chance as a nudge to correct that mistake.

10. I agree with him partialy! There should be, at least, the illusion of choice...
    It feels like i'm being fed the pretext of safety and security to give up my liberties :)

Whomever feels like they need to use 2fa or email to enforce their accoutn security should do so (i also have 2fa on my main account), but also people that dont wan't to should be alowed to do so.(due to multiple reasons, like lost access to email, shared accounts or simply the annoyance of inserting the code due to daily ISP resets etc.)

11. Guys, at least they dont force us to make passwords with minimum of 22 characters, from which 2 should be capital, two numbers, five symbols, square root of your birth year, count of hair on your cats left paw, distance to Sun minus square kilometers of your country, date of birth of an alien child two hundred thousand light years away and all the other goodd stuff. I can still be a dunce with my password "1234" and cry about it later.

12. "From Monday, 18 September at 22:00, if you do not already have Email Two-Factor Authentication or Google Two-Factor Authentication and In-game protection enabled, you will be prompted to enter a code when logging in. This code will be sent to the email address that's currently attached to your account.

The "in-game protection" setting will also be removed."

Can you please elaborate (or link to) exactly how these authentication options are set up for Warmane?

I multibox and will need to set up the most straightforward option on all my accounts prior to the referenced deadline. Thank you in advance.

13. i disabled two factor authentication because it would require me to confirm via email EVERY TIME i logged in, and no my IP does not change. if this is going to be the same thing, logging in is going to become an ongoing hassle.

14. "From Monday, 18 September at 22:00, if you do not already have Email Two-Factor Authentication or Google Two-Factor Authentication and In-game protection enabled, you will be prompted to enter a code when logging in. This code will be sent to the email address that's currently attached to your account.

The "in-game protection" setting will also be removed."

Can you please elaborate (or link to) exactly how these authentication options are set up for Warmane?

I multibox and will need to set up the most straightforward option on all my accounts prior to the referenced deadline. Thank you in advance.
    Exactly this! How about you make it a predefined thing for everyone, but make it posible to disable for people that experience this kind of unpleasentries.

First 123412 ... Last