1. Let me draw a line to all said prior to this reply and share what I see happening in future.

1. In short term I see ppl losing accounts (3k+ accounts) (most likely because gmail(phone required) or 2FA, some of us actualy are not connecting phone with online stuff)
    2. In long term I see reduced account theft (aprox. 10%+)

And by default settings always have to be turned off and giving choice to account owner. (you can always encourage/recommend safer practices)

2. As a player I think this is not some minor inconvenience. I have lost access to my e-mail because I was mugged and the phone obviously was stolen. I had created an email specifically for warmane to separate from my personal email. Long story short lost access to my account in warmane because I couldn't remove the two factor authentication. I took one month, 4 tickets, discord support,, 3-4 emails from the warmane team. How would something like that not be a "minor inconvenience". There are things in life you can't control, I never imagined I could be robbed, and that I would lose my gaming account because of that. An account that because it was for "gaming" had not enough security info for Google to recuperate the email. Now as a dev, I too would think this is for the best, it's obvious, more security, less account issues,but on the other hand the warmane team must be prepared for the plethora amount of people trying to remove their authentication e-mail. I can assure you it will have a massive demand when this launches and it will have a constant hopefully lower demand over the next months. With that, warmane still has this major inconvenience that are being the IP lockouts. Just look at the unofficial discord support channel and you'll see this same problem being reported over and over again... I think the staff is trying to fix this problem and improve security at the same time, I wish for them to succeed but I think this is a bad call.

3. I sometimes play on a family members account, will we have to keep checking the email for codes every time each of us tries to log in because our IP is different or we will only have to do it once and it will remember both of our IPs and wont need to keep checking each time? Thanks.

4. LMAO at all the crazy excuses people are coming up with because of something so trivial... it's clearly not coming mostly from people who are breaking the T.O.S. anyway, yeah... I like how they even hint at "oh the majority of the feedback is negative", yeah no **** Sherlock... if people have no issue with it they will obviously (most of them) not even type anything, it's not like this is an exciting thing such as the new Onyxia server, it's just a security change so we don't come running here to type whatever lol.

I got 0 issues with the change, more security is always better and if this is the best way you came up with then fine, keep up the good work Warmane Staff.

5. As a player I think this is not some minor inconvenience. I have lost access to my e-mail because I was mugged and the phone obviously was stolen. I had created an email specifically for warmane to separate from my personal email. Long story short lost access to my account in warmane because I couldn't remove the two factor authentication. I took one month, 4 tickets, discord support,, 3-4 emails from the warmane team. How would something like that not be a "minor inconvenience". There are things in life you can't control, I never imagined I could be robbed, and that I would lose my gaming account because of that. An account that because it was for "gaming" had not enough security info for Google to recuperate the email. Now as a dev, I too would think this is for the best, it's obvious, more security, less account issues,but on the other hand the warmane team must be prepared for the plethora amount of people trying to remove their authentication e-mail. I can assure you it will have a massive demand when this launches and it will have a constant hopefully lower demand over the next months. With that, warmane still has this major inconvenience that are being the IP lockouts. Just look at the unofficial discord support channel and you'll see this same problem being reported over and over again... I think the staff is trying to fix this problem and improve security at the same time, I wish for them to succeed but I think this is a bad call.
    This is more a negative critique of Warmane's Account Recovery process then this security feature...

I'll agree that I only seem to hear bad things about Account Recovery, which makes me think that the Account Recovery process might need to be looked at...but that's related but separate to this change. As I said a page or so ago, standard IT security practices mean it's better that an account be locked out than a "hacker" gains use of it. Hopefully the legitimate user can regain access after the lockout...but that's a separate process.

6. I'll agree that I only seem to hear bad things about Account Recovery
    That's because, on a similar line to what Bakemonoh posted, people don't come to the Forum to post how they recovered their accounts smoothly, they are playing the game instead. People who have issues also never seem to go into details of what caused the process to take a longer back'n'forth.

7. That's because, on a similar line to what Bakemonoh posted, people don't come to the Forum to post how they recovered their accounts smoothly, they are playing the game instead. People who have issues also never seem to go into details of what caused the process to take a longer back'n'forth.
    Crap...I meant to mention the possibility of that being part of the case in my post...but left it out with all the other points rattling around in my head and missed it.

8. I don't seem to understand why this is mandatory. One of the best things about Warmane is the ability to choose freely to give money, time, and anything else. This is why we like you more than Blizzard. Providing the authenticator system as an option is really great... but making it mandatory is really annoying and doesnt justify anything to us besides "well we told you its safer so you must do it and shut up"....

My password is fine, and if it gets hacked its on me to have the authenticator as an extra measure.

9. My password is fine, and if it gets hacked its on me to have the authenticator as an extra measure.
    Except it's NOT only on you. You act like losing your account because you failed to lock the door only impacts you. You ignore how your account goes on to fund gold sellers, be used by bots, and scammers, and all the other ways it harms the server and takes up staff resources to clean up after.

10. Well, can you break down the math on the justifications for security? I might be a bit lost here, as others are, since we don't know any real numbers....

like, how many accounts were stolen? was their characters and wealth used to sell gold, or inflate market values in server? or to sell accounts?

what % of the population in warmane is this happening to? is it 5%? or 25%? or 50%?.....

is a recovering accounts a really hard problem to get done? does it take a lot of attention, work and time from GM's? if it is, I wouldn't blame you adding security to reduce the number of easily stolen accounts by another naive dumby :)

is the real concern that there are scammers that are basically making money off of wealth that is supposed to stay within the warmane coin system? (by the way, most of us would support decisions you have to make for money, as long as its not obviously greedy)

We will respect your decision in good faith if you respect our intelligence to explain to us why exactly you HAD to make this mandatory, instead of an option. saying it takes 0.0001 seconds more is a gross insult to our thinking brains. of course it takes a second to do, we know that. tell us what you mean by "the global in mind". We would love to know and be able to honestly support you

11. Well, can you break down the math on the justifications for security? I might be a bit lost here, as others are, since we don't know any real numbers....
    -snip-
    The decision is made. You are being notified. They don't need to give you numbers or justify it. You can accept that they're following industry norms "in good faith" because they're INDUSTRY NORMS...or you can ignore that fact and look like a fool.

12. but can you maybe give more time to rewrite this code ? before it comes, u open it, copy, swap windows it expires , especially on slower pc!!! sometimes i cant login for hours because of this...

13. P.S....Warmane is not going to justify it any further than they already have. They've already gone much further than Microsoft has in justifying ending support for Mojang accounts and forcing migration to Microsoft accounts.

14. but can you maybe give more time to rewrite this code ? before it comes, u open it, copy, swap windows it expires , especially on slower pc!!! sometimes i cant login for hours because of this...
    I've not had this happen personally...but if emails are regularly/routinely delayed and codes expire before they can be used, this is a problem that needs addressed. But slow PCs shouldn't make emails arrive more than a moment slower. Even if you got the bandwidth of dial-up.

15. Well, can you break down the math on the justifications for security?
    No, we can't. Why should we need to justify this with numbers?

is the real concern that there are scammers that are basically making money off of wealth that is supposed to stay within the warmane coin system? (by the way, most of us would support decisions you have to make for money, as long as its not obviously greedy)
    Are you saying that staff members decided to sit down, have a discussion on "how can we make more money" and the end conclusion was that we have to add 2 factor authentication for player accounts?
    Do you think we have some sort of 'greed' department that makes these decisions on the basis of 'making more money'?

First ... 67891018 ... Last