1. Also, "yeah that other guy has a point!"
    The two of you have the exact same IP.
    Imagine using an alt account to agree with yourself.

LoL. I am dead.

I have been with Warmane since before it was Warmane and I can say this can only improve the QUALITY of the server. Many trash players will be bounced off by this change, and it will overall improve the authenticity of players. I totally support this. Assuming it works like it should.

2. LoL. I am dead.

I have been with Warmane since before it was Warmane and I can say this can only improve the QUALITY of the server. Many trash players will be bounced off by this change, and it will overall improve the authenticity of players. I totally support this. Assuming it works like it should.
    I just activated e-mail 2 factor authentication on all my accounts, and it worked like a dream. Figured it was smart doing it early in case the changes were due to data leaks, and it's probably smart doing it before hundreds of thousands are going to to the same and pounding the authentication servers completely.

3. I plan to leave the server after this change, if the "account temporarily blocked but can be unlocked" already bothered me, this is worse and extremely annoying, that should not be mandatory but rather optional to be able to enter the Kingdom, today They asked me like 20 times to log into my account, how horrible.

4. Hope this security enforcement finally resolves the issue "Unable to connect. Please try again later...."

5. Im gonna beat this dead horse again.

Countless numbers of casual/returning players are going to find themselves locked out of their accounts, did they even send a notification email? I didnt get any, not like it matters if the email is dead or unused lol. I warned some ppl about the changes and they were clueless.

I just hope the staff can handle the potential incoming storm and weed out any potential scams involved with switching around accounts with old dead emails. Stop talking about how easy it was for YOU to do, think of others or the community as a whole for once.

6. No big deal, I don't see the point of doing this when there is already 2FA

7. No big deal, I don't see the point of doing this when there is already 2FA
    This is that 2FA, it's just being enabled for everyone.

8. There's nothing wrong with being a multiboxer though, we're not breaking any rules as long as we're not PvPing or using third party apps.
    It's not the end of the world, but it's going to make login in a bit more cumberstone. I really hope they'll give us the opportunity to turn it off.
    It's true that multiboxing, within the limitation of five simultaneous characters, is in accord with the rules, but being allowed is where the support for that ends, it doesn't extend to any differentiated treatment. While I'm sure multiboxers are brought up in certain decisions, I'd be very worried if they were remotely considered any sort of deciding factor for changes that will affected Warmane as a whole.

This update in account security isn't optional, be it for regular players or multiboxers. An option to turn it off would render the effort moot.

9. Where is my pet reward Core Hound Pup for enabling authenticator?

10. This is awful for everyone who uses multiple accounts to play. If you could use one authenticator for more accounts that'd be semi-realistic but this is awful.

11. This is awful for everyone who uses multiple accounts to play. If you could use one authenticator for more accounts that'd be semi-realistic but this is awful.
    If you use an authenticator app, you can add multiple accounts to your 1 app.

If you use email authentication, you can forward the auth emails from the alt email accounts to your main email account, then you get all the auth codes in 1 mailbox.

12. Where is my pet reward Core Hound Pup for enabling authenticator?
    Pretty sure it's 4 additional bag spaces these days.

13. I only know about one guy ever having his account stolen (official blizzard one though), and I think he was able to recover it and getting back the items that were stolen
    You can add me to your list. My account on Warmane was hacked/stolen...I think it was 2016, maybe a few years later. All my gold and valuable mats were stolen out of my bank. I regained access to my account fairly quickly, but I didn't get my lost items back. Don't think I tried too hard, iirc I read the policy at the time being that it wasn't policy to do so.

Afaik gold farmers and sellers don't use stolen accounts, but I must admit it's not my main field of expertise, I've never been gold farming.
    Gold sellers love hacked account gold. There's plenty of reporting on it if you delve into the subject. At certain points in WoW (and Pserver) histories, depending on the ability to hack accounts (examples including password databases from other servers/services, social engineering, trojan viruses and 3rd party tools with backdoors/keyloggers/other payloads to compromise your system, lack of 2FA, etc), it's been the fasted gold-per-hour farm of any method available...and at certain points in the history of gold selling, hacked gold has accounted for 90% or more of the gold on those markets.

14. question for all moderators, I currently have enabled on my main account 2FA only, but not ingame, my question is:
    1.) Will there be any changes to my account that currently has 2FA enabled? - for example, do I need to input some additional code even if I have 2FA enabled already? or 2FA enabled accounts are not affected by this change? I am asking because my sister's email is on 2nd account.
    2.) Since ingame is not enabled, will this automatically request code for ingame?

Thanks

15. question for all moderators, I currently have enabled on my main account 2FA only, but not ingame, my question is:
    1.) Will there be any changes to my account that currently has 2FA enabled? - for example, do I need to input some additional code even if I have 2FA enabled already? or 2FA enabled accounts are not affected by this change? I am asking because my sister's email is on 2nd account.
    2.) Since ingame is not enabled, will this automatically request code for ingame?

Thanks
    It's the same 2fa system that we already have but being enforced for all accounts and email will be the default for accounts that had it previously disabled.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last