1. IMO, the main thing that Warmane could have done better with this change was announce it more than a week ahead of time...so that people who don't check the website daily had more of a chance to see the announcement and toggle their 2FA to make sure it worked before it was forced on them.

That being said, based on the types of replies I've seen since the switch was flipped...it probably wouldn't have made any difference. Too many of ya'll don't care till you're forced to care.

2. Hello I only have 2 accounts and one I can log in but the other the main one I can not enter because unfortunately I do not remember the password of the mail and I can not remember the gmail with which I create that account there is any solution for cases like mine?

3. How it didn't occur to you that you might want to recover/change the emails when you noticed you don't have access to them anymore?
    You can start your accounts' recovery process by sending email to Warmane's support, the address is [email protected]

Warmane heavily overestimated the room temperature high IQ's of some of its players.

Those who cared about having email that works, or being able to access to one linked to their account, would've done that without mandatory push/requirement from Warmane. Only those who haven't bothered/cared to have everything in order with their accounts, are now dealing with the consequences. Lesson learned I hope.
    Your email is your key to Warmane, and some people tossed it out of the window the day they opened that door. The fault isn't Warmane's, it's on players who didn't bother keeping tabs on their emails and account security.
    You're trying in cruel way to blame players!
    The problem in buggy and absolutely crazy in a way how update was done.
    Not more, not less.

4. I'm just glad the 2-factor Authentication doesn't require a cell phone. I broke my old one, and I'm not too sure I even want a new one.

5. It is the most annoying thing they applied to the game. Security is important but they should make it an option for those who want more security or believe that their accounts are at risk. I hope you soon realize your mistake and let me log in normally.

6. This system altough no one asked for it... you guys forced it on all players, something that you should be able to choose like in most games. But my main problem is that not only i being keep asked for the code but that it constantly changes so i need to CHECK MY EMAIL every time i want to play and is so damm annoying. Not the best decision i hope you fix this or improve it fast otherwise you will be losing players, people can get tired of doing this kind of **** pretty fast, reason of why you already have so many complains about this.

7. How it didn't occur to you that you might want to recover/change the emails when you noticed you don't have access to them anymore?
    You can start your accounts' recovery process by sending email to Warmane's support, the address is [email protected]

Warmane heavily overestimated the room temperature high IQ's of some of its players.

Those who cared about having email that works, or being able to access to one linked to their account, would've done that without mandatory push/requirement from Warmane. Only those who haven't bothered/cared to have everything in order with their accounts, are now dealing with the consequences. Lesson learned I hope.
    Your email is your key to Warmane, and some people tossed it out of the window the day they opened that door. The fault isn't Warmane's, it's on players who didn't bother keeping tabs on their emails and account security.
    I have been sending them emails for over 48 hours, but they have not responded to me, and I have lost my account for 48 hours. Maybe they should send an email to all players in the game to inform everyone. Players may need to notify players when they first log in to the official website to change or verify whether their email address is still normal within a period of time, instead of just announcing it in the official website notice, because not everyone will visit the official forum.
    I think the best way is to let each player change their email address or bind security verification when they log in to the official website for the first time after this policy, instead of forcing all players to be locked directly.

8. I'm still stuck at "Downloading upadte 0%" (w/ 2FA via email), which then changes to "Patch required. Press the restart button below to exit WoW and download the patch > Failed to apply patch. Please try again later...", and that's it.

9. I'm still stuck at "Downloading upadte 0%" (w/ 2FA via email), which then changes to "Patch required. Press the restart button below to exit WoW and download the patch > Failed to apply patch. Please try again later...", and that's it.
    You still use your USERNAME, and NOT your email when you log into the game client. When you enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD, a dialog will pop up asking you to enter your 2FA code (which you will RECEIVE in your email inbox). Put the code in, and you can play on any of Warmane's realms.

You should NEVER see that the client is updating when you try to log in.

10. Your email is your key to Warmane, and some people tossed it out of the window the day they opened that door. The fault isn't Warmane's, it's on players who didn't bother keeping tabs on their emails and account security.
    You are right, email is our key to Warmane but you forgot few things :
    1. For around 8 years, warmane only required email for registration and 2FA only optional. How could warmane only gave 3 days for something important like this? Not all of us play this game everyday and read warmane new policy.
    2. I'm sure lots of them can't access their gmail's account anymore because of lost phone number, forgotten password, gmail's acc got hacked, broken/lost phone, etc.
    3. Not all players play only 1 game or have time to play. Most of us have to work/study.
    4. Imagine if gmail made a policy to require all gmail accounts to use google authenticator and gave all users only 3 days to activated it. Is it google's fault or user's fault? Lots of gmail accounts got hacked too.

11. ¿Hola podrian porfavor dar una semana o quizas unos días adicionales para verificar nuestros datos y correos, a los que realmente les interesa recuperar sus cuentas bloqueadas porfavor? Estoy con ustedes warmame desde el 2011 y creanme que he recibido los regalos de cada fin de año y tengo tanto progreso con su servidor que no quiero perderlo, por eso den unos días más para poder hacer las verificaciones de gmails y datos luego de ese ultimatum ustedes se daran cuenta a quienes les importa realmente recuperar su cuenta. Por favor Gracias

______googletranslate____
    Hello, could you please give a week or perhaps a few additional days to verify our data and emails, for those who are really interested in recovering their blocked accounts, please? I have been with you warmame since 2011 and believe me, I have received the gifts of each end of the year and I have so much progress with your server that I do not want to lose it, so give a few more days to be able to do the gmail and data verifications after that ultimatum You will realize who really cares about recovering your account. Please thanks

12. Hi everyone,

To maintain the security and integrity of accounts, we are modernizing how both web and game logins are handled.

From Monday, 18 September at 22:00, if you do not already have Email Two-Factor Authentication or Google Two-Factor Authentication and In-game protection enabled, you will be prompted to enter a code when logging in. This code will be sent to the email address that's currently attached to your account.

The "in-game protection" setting will also be removed.

Overall, this system will function similar to other services. Once you've entered the required code to log in, you will not be prompted again unless you are connecting from a different location.

This change affects all accounts and will be a requirement to log in.

You can review your current email by logging into the website and visiting My Account.
    Emails can also be updated within the Settings page.

---------------

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm not receiving any emails

Authentication emails may be slightly delayed during peak times.

If after a minute you haven't received the code, double check your emails Spam or Junk folders as it may have been filtered there.

If still no authentication email has been received, we recommend double checking you're logged into the same email as the one displayed within the My Account section of the website. You could also update your accounts email to a new one as your email service provider may have incorrectly labelled the email as spam.

Invalid code?

Ensure that you do not close the authentication request when logging in. Simply log in and when greeted with the authentication request, navigate to your email and then copy paste the newly sent code in without closing the request.

Repeatedly restarting the authentication process will cause the previous code to expire.

I have lost or forgotten my email and cannot access my account

Simply email us directly for assistance - [email protected]

It's helpful if you include anything you recall surrounding the account to assist us in verifying your ownership in a timely fashion. Such information includes but is not limited to:

- Account or Forum username (not passwords).
    - Current email or a guess if you have forgotten
    - Character information
    - General account history. For example, "I claimed the holiday gift on my Paladin back in 2018, maybe 2019?"
    - Country where you connected or registered from

You may also include a new email address that you would like your account to be updated to. If we have enough information, we'll be able to update your account immediately without the need for further verification.

---------------

Update #1:

The system has been re-enabled, the sending of codes should now be instant, regardless of volume.

We may enable the use of non-gmail emails over the coming days.
    We will also introduce a username changing system, for those that receive a lot of suspicious TFA requests.

As someone mentioned, this is indeed a forced-2fa change, as with most modern platforms, security is paramount.
    This is a step to bring us in line with other services, reduce our overheads for account compromise support and overall increase account security which is our #1 priority right now with recent compromising waves.

Regardless of players dislike for the system, It is a step in the right direction. The alternative is 'Bot Network' bans continue due to large target on our back, slower support due to amount of attention given to compromised accounts and restoring as much as possible for the player, following the hot-potato like movement of stolen items, gold, coins, characters between hundreds of accounts and so on.

Update #2:

Restrictions on what emails can be used have been lifted, this allows using your desired email provider.
    Restrictions on usage of "." and "+" have also been lifted, allowing the use of the same email through gmail for multiple accounts for example.
    I recommend warmane to reconsider to remove the 2FA on website and keep the 2FA requirement in-game so players will be forced to activate 2FA. Give at least 1 month for important policy like this. It's a win win solution for players & warmane.

Imagine if gmail required google authenticator to login and gave only 3 days to their users. How many accounts will be wiped?

Thanks

13. i have been waiting for 2 days for [email protected] to replay to my message to get back my email.

14. Revert the 2FA, but also remove any sort of support for stolen/sold/lost accounts/ingame stuff. Let the apes suffer the consequences if they can't appreciate what you gave them, because they are way too *** to use it.
    How some (99%) players have zero problems and few scumbags are flooding the forums with their "problems", mostly caused by the fact they are playing on bought accounts

15. How could warmane only gave 3 days for something important like this?
    so u realize this is important, why dont u start to adapt and move on instead of complaining here right now?

I recommend warmane to reconsider to remove the 2FA on website and keep the 2FA requirement in-game so players will be forced to activate 2FA. Give at least 1 month for important policy like this. It's a win win solution for players & warmane.

Imagine if gmail required google authenticator to login and gave only 3 days to their users.
    imagine still complaining instead of following the instructions provided after realizing its important.

How many accounts will be wiped?

Thanks
    they have decided, the provided the helps. the rest is entirely depends on the players themselves whether u choose to start securing your accounts or keep complaining here and doing nothing.

First ... 23313233343543 ... Last