1. well then i loose my 2nd account cuz i used a mail that got deleted for inactivity.

2. Can we opt for the google authenticator instead of the e-mail one?

3. well then i loose my 2nd account cuz i used a mail that got deleted for inactivity.
    I have lost or forgotten my email and cannot access my account
    Spoiler: Show
    Simply email us directly for assistance - [email protected]

It's helpful if you include anything you recall surrounding the account to assist us in verifying your ownership in a timely fashion. Such information includes but is not limited to:

- Account or Forum username
    - Current email or a guess if you have forgotten
    - Character information
    - General account history. For example, "I claimed the holiday gift on my Paladin back in 2018, maybe 2019?"
    - Country where you connected or registered from

You may also include a new email address that you would like your account to be updated to. If we have enough information, we'll be able to update your account immediately without the need for further verification.
    Someone didn't read.

4. Good day. I play from Russia. and for some reason, when registering, it was impossible to use the mailbox that I use. I had to create some kind of left mailbox. Of course, I don’t use it and I don’t remember the login details. What do i do?

5. That's the best thing. Working in IT field and I was really wondering if you will integrate this security measure. Who hate this, just think about donating and someone brute-force your password and get in, delete your characters.

Not gonna lie, everyone have passwords like: a sort of numbers or simple words without special characters, numbers, etc.

Nice work!

6. You people are weird as hell, literally every online service already uses this exact thing, even things like Discord send you a confirmation mail to see if it's you on a new log in, that is IF you do not have 2FA already, Warmane just did the same thing for those that do not use 2FA already, surprised they didn't implement it earlier.

People saying E-Mail codes are bad etc, ye sure then go use Google Auth? Warmane supports it, Authy works fine as well, they're not removing those and they have supported them for years.

Some of you shouldn't even be allowed to use the internet based on the things you say in your posts.
    Warmane didn't even change anything, they just added an extra step for stupid people that do not use 2FA.
    This will also filter a lot of worthless people with BiS chars that use shared accounts but have no idea how to play the game, which is just a bonus.

The "in-game protection" setting will also be removed.
    I hope it's just the setting as it says and you're not removing it completely for whatever reason and it stays on by default.

7. Do it and I cut my Exalted donations off. Balls in your field now. *Insert silly mocking face*

8. Oh you already did it... "account sharing" you run AN ILLEGAL PRIVATE SERVER who cares about account sharing, you've affect my alt account(s) which i REALLY dont wanna log into emails and verify it, so guess i'll just never donate here again and start fending off new players from wanting to continue their Azeroth adventures with Warmane... Sad too, been here since early 2016...

9. Oh you already did it... "account sharing" you run AN ILLEGAL PRIVATE SERVER who cares about account sharing,
    It's not "illegal". Also account sharing has been addressed by our TOS since day 1. Additionally, this change has nothing to do with what you consider to be "account sharing".

you've affect my alt account(s) which i REALLY dont wanna log into emails and verify it, so guess i'll just never donate here again and start fending off new players from wanting to continue their Azeroth adventures with Warmane... Sad too, been here since early 2016...
    If checking your email one time is enough to get you to leave, then I'd argue you weren't very much attached in the first place.

10. I get that checking your email every time you log in might be annoying and might take a while but just use the authenticator code instead. You have authenticator extension that works on chrome/firefox/edge and then you're couple of seconds away from accessing your code. Literally takes 3 seconds to get the code with it.

11. I play more than 1 game, and hang out in more than 1 discord server, lots of diff emails and PW, and yes Warmane is an illegal server, it's hosted outside of US jurisdiction so actions CANT be taken, but that still doesnt make it a legal server, playing here is not illegal in the slightest, but to deny the illegitimacy of hosting another game as your own, is, in fact, illegal and copy right infringement.

12. I play more than 1 game, and hang out in more than 1 discord server, lots of diff emails and PW, and yes Warmane is an illegal server, it's hosted outside of US jurisdiction so actions CANT be taken, but that still doesnt make it a legal server, playing here is not illegal in the slightest, but to deny the illegitimacy of hosting another game as your own, is, in fact, illegal and copy right infringement.
    I'm not going to debate law with someone who clearly hasn't studied it in any capacity.

13. I get that checking your email every time you log in might be annoying and might take a while but just use the authenticator code instead. You have authenticator extension that works on chrome/firefox/edge and then you're couple of seconds away from accessing your code. Literally takes 3 seconds to get the code with it.
    And you ONLY have to check your email to authenticate once if(when) your IP changes. This might happen more often for some users than others, depending on their ISP. Probably also happens more often for people on VPNs...or ones that has an unusually high number of accounts trying to use it...to "authenticate" that it's a real person/player and not part of a bot network or other system which will "harm" the server/gameplay.

14. This is going to be really annoying for those who have a dynamic IP address.

15. This is going to be really annoying for those who have a dynamic IP address.
    While I don't have access to the logs to run the numbers, but if you take out the people using VPNs or other systems to obfuscate their "home" IP address, I'd say that 90-95% of the remaining playerbase's "home IP" stays the same for at least a week. I'd also say around 75-80% stays the same for more than a month.

If 25% of the players have to check their email once a month to authenticate...and 10% once a week...I don't think that's a major hassle. Not for the added "I still have access to all my accounts" check.

First 1234513 ... Last