1. Is stacking avoidance good for DK PVP?

I like to play tank in pvp and like the half blood half unholy talents. My options are to either go 1150 resilience with 25.50% parry (+the other dodge stats that come with these avoidance gears) or just go 1375 resilience with basic DK parry 14% (18% with rune of swordshattering). One time I dueled one of these DKs for an hour and I barely ever won using my feral druid. It was so bad I could try to land finishing moves and them not landing 4-5x was normal, including this one time he parried & dodged them 8x in a row. This seems very anti-melee but I was wondering if it's also good against casters with direct spells like mages? Because dks also have this spell deflection talent that is based on parry % "Chance equal to parry chance of taking 45% less damage from a direct damage spell"

2. tried switching gears to sacrifice crit stats and adjusting gems to balance the resil, but turns out not worth fun compared the current one, because sure u'll be more tanky vs some melee classes, but u'll lose more significant pressure that it already is against classes with heals, plus warriors can delete u faster if u stack avoidance too much which ironic since the build is suposed to be anti-warrior class.

so i switch back to a more practical build with 1143 resil, 20% parry chance (using swordshattering 4% parry instead of fallen crusader) the rest focus goes to str/ap. that way i can still be tanky enough, and deal enough pressure at the same time. ppl hate hybrid builds in duels regardless tho, kekw.

its just fun when clueless horde tries to gank me while im gathering in this build, thinking i was just some random blood tank pve player, lol

3. tried switching gears to sacrifice crit stats and adjusting gems to balance the resil, but turns out not worth fun compared the current one, because sure u'll be more tanky vs some melee classes, but u'll lose more significant pressure that it already is against classes with heals, plus warriors can delete u faster if u stack avoidance too much which ironic since the build is suposed to be anti-warrior class.

so i switch back to a more practical build with 1143 resil, 20% parry chance (using swordshattering 4% parry instead of fallen crusader) the rest focus goes to str/ap. that way i can still be tanky enough, and deal enough pressure at the same time. ppl hate hybrid builds in duels regardless tho, kekw.

its just fun when clueless horde tries to gank me while im gathering in this build, thinking i was just some random blood tank pve player, lol
    I'm not an expert in DK yet, so from the sounds of it, DKs work best with the conventional strength & resilience setup? I know some classes actually work very well in avoidance gear like prot paladins.

I haven't gotten anywhere near great in terms of gear, but I love how pillars of might can be bought from the auction house.

Thanks for the feedback too. I'll try to stack full furious first with pillars of might and see how that goes

4. if u mean by best is for pvp as if i have to pick 1 set, then yes str & resil one is the most convenient. even prot pala would prefer str resil vs caster cz avoidance is pretty much useless vs caster.

here's the explanation:
    the only useful avoidance stat for pvp in this build is parry. because dodge is useless vs caster, and it would be shameful if any caster destroys u as dk.
    parry as we know when its vs melee, u can completely negate the damage while u gain parry haste(40% reduced swing timer) and when its vs spells u have the chance to reduce half of its dmg with spell deflection talent.
    the problem with parry stat is when u switch a pvp piece with tanking piece u have to sacrifice str/ap and/or resil to reach the desired percentage and it has somekinda dr the higher it gets on top of that which is its almost impossible to even reach 30%. that means to gain def it costs u atk in this gears.

thus the most convenient way is to have balanced desirable parry, str, and resil, and dk have a passive called "forceful deflection" which grants u parry rating by 25% of your total str. so pumping str will also increase your parry which means your atk and def increased at the same time in this build.