1. Hardcore Progressive Realm

Since Onyxia is given 5x exp rates,
    why not make it a hardcore realm,
    imagine surviving through vanilla to wotlk,im so hyped,

World First Progressive Hardcore Realm lets go!!!!

2. Its a pvp realm the only progress you are going to make on your progressive server is within zone friendly to your faction where you can turn your pvp off

3. Yeah Imagine leveling up all the way to 80, and then have a moron decide not to heal you on a wotlk dungeon and all your years of hard work down the drain, hardcore is not an acomplishment, you can play like a ***** and get to max lvl, who gives a ****? nobody that's who.

hardcore is badcore

4. Wow is a pretty predictable game. The only way to really die in HC is for a bug to occur or die during a server disconnect. Or a griefer deciding not to taunt the mob off / heal you.

Hardcore is genuinely the dumbest way to play WoW.

5. Wow is a pretty predictable game. The only way to really die in HC is for a bug to occur or die during a server disconnect. Or a griefer deciding not to taunt the mob off / heal you.

Hardcore is genuinely the dumbest way to play WoW.
    Yes...WoW is very predictable...still, when you look at the stats, from what I recall only around 10% of characters who played in HC mode make it to 60 without dying. (And this was before the 2k people died in a single server connection event.) I honestly doubt that 90% of those players died to server issues or griefs. Nope, most players either get overconfident and made a mistake...or are just really bad players, and make a bad decision.

And then, when you look at the 60s currently dying on official...most of them aren't from griefs or disconnects. They're either taking risks (for the content) and losing...or are being stupid/bad players (basically the same as the first, but without the excuse of doing it for content).

All that said, I don't know how much longer the HC hype will last, and I don't think Warmane should try to jump on the bandwagon right now. Maybe in a year or two if they feel they can handle another realm project...or after Onyxia's final phase.

And I've said it elsewhere...HC started as a personal challenge that was shared on forums, other players thought would be fun, and decided to do a playthrough with a similar set of rules. And it was an honor system for following the challenge rules. Nothing is stopping you, as a player, from undertaking an HC challenge run on your own. If you cheat and rez, you're only ruining your own "fun" of the self-imposed challenge.

6. "Hardcore" is a fad by bored people and/or "cOnTeNt CrEaToRs" who will get traffic from people watching to see them fail.

Any player is perfectly capable of setting themselves to "hardcore" by just having the mental fortitude to delete their character if they die, there's no need for a server to be made enforcing such a niche thing. Even more so when it comes to a big project like Onyxia is.

7. Programming a hardcore mode into Onyxia itself is easy. What's hard is dealing with a thousand tickets asking for characters to be revived.

8. Hardcore is genuinely the dumbest way to play WoW.
    ^This. HC realms exist on blizzard servers, Onyxia will be different and unique, which is why many of us are waiting for it, rather than playing HC which is already available.

9. You're most likely to die to lag or a server crash (which are not uncommon) so I wouldn't be too excited for that