1. Prot Paladin Trinket Question

Hi all, looking for advice here. I've started playing relatively recently (Around a year on and off), and so while building out my prot Pally, so far I have not done much optimization of gear other than collected pieces of higher GS, and making sure gems/enchants give me good stats that don't go too far over caps.

However, now I think I'm in a weird spot. I have a 284 Petrified Twilight Scale (Coin purchase). I got a 251 Unidentifiable Organ from an ICC 10m run. Now I've done a ICC 25 on my prot pally for the first time, and won a 277 Corpse Tongue Coin.

Someone in my raid mentioned before we started that PTS is not great on prot pally due to the Ardent Defender talent. Which sort of made sense to me, but at the same time every bis list I look at has PTS.
    Additionally, CTC has a similar proc effect, and after doing a little research it seems the general consensus is that CTC isn't a very good trinket.

My character is at 5.9k GS with the UIO, and around 5.95 with the CTC. I don't think this GS is enough of a difference to really get into activities, and it's more likely raid leaders would pay more attention to my using a bad trinket then a difference of 50 gs when trying to get into ICC 25 HC and stuff like that.

With all that context in mind, what do I do? Should I keep using the UIO, or swap to the CTC? Is it fight dependent? If so, how would I know what fights to use what trinket? This level of optimization is not something I fully understand yet since I'm still learning, so any help is appreciated.

2. Someone in my raid mentioned before we started that PTS is not great on prot pally due to the Ardent Defender talent. .
    The guy giving advice is ******ed.

PTS is on every bis list because it's a huge chunk of armor. The proc is just icing on the cake and especially good because it only procs "when necessary" e.g. when you're low anyway. A lucky dodge might save you then.

Corpse Tongue Coin on the other hand is next to useless due to it being nothing but RNG and the proc being basically worthless once it activates. Another ~6k armor won't save you from dying to another hit.

tl:dr -> PTS is great because it increases your suvivability and nets you some rng to suvive "in a pinch". CTC is useless because it nets you nothing but rng and proc won't save you in a pinch.

3. Ok, so I should stick with the UIO in that slot for now until I get either a better version of that or Sindy's Fang.