1. Thrid beta phase and so on!

Hi. Considering there's a possible third beta for the vanilla, does that mean we get the tbc and wrath beta now as well?
    or its just vanilla and pre expansion stuff comes when the expansion hits.

2. Why would we need a Wrath beta? warmane has warth realms for like years and everything is fine.

3. Hi. Considering there's a possible third beta for the vanilla, does that mean we get the tbc and wrath beta now as well?
    or its just vanilla and pre expansion stuff comes when the expansion hits.
    There may be a third phase of the PTR/Beta. What it will consist of, and even IF it will happen, are all up to the devs/admins. The only knowledge we have is
    "if there's a specific aspect of the game that needs more testing". What, if any, those aspects are is purely speculation on our part...and we just don't know until it gets announced officially.

That being said, transitioning to TBC and whether the TBC mechanics, spells, talents, quests, and everything else works HAS NOT been tested openly. The big question is if they'll make a third phase on the PTR to test it before launch, do the launch and test the TBC content in a PTR about 9-12 months after launch (but before Onyxia goes into TBC Phases), or if they'll go straight into TBC Phases on Onyxia and fix any bugs that come up while we're actively playing. And honestly, none of us know what the answer is until we see it.

4. Why would we need a Wrath beta? warmane has warth realms for like years and everything is fine.
    Believe it or not, Some dungeons in wrath are itchy.

5. Why would we need a Wrath beta? warmane has warth realms for like years and everything is fine.
    Because copy+paste isn't always the way to go. Far less so when there are skills, talents and other changes made to the server. So thing may slip through cracks here and there.

Anyway, so far we've only tested vanilla aspect of the game. We haven't tested TBC stuff yet. WotLK may not need that much testing, but some should be in order for smoother live experience. It would be silly to have good vanilla start, then everything after that is littered with bugs and whatnot.
    Edited: October 5, 2023

6. Is there any aproximated release date for the Onyxia's launch?

7. There is no need. They'll just use the data from the previous TBC realms.

8. There is no need. They'll just use the data from the previous TBC realms.
    Hah. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

So you think they can take the data and code from a long-closed TBC realm using the 2.4.3 core and client, paste it into the 3.3.5 core/client, and we'll be good to go? No testing needed!

Oh sweet summer child.

9. Hah. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

So you think they can take the data and code from a long-closed TBC realm using the 2.4.3 core and client, paste it into the 3.3.5 core/client, and we'll be good to go? No testing needed!

Oh sweet summer child.
    I didn't say testing wasn't needed, I don't think you need an entire beta for it

10. I didn't say testing wasn't needed, I don't think you need an entire beta for it
    By the same logic, we don't need the current Beta/PTR. The data and code for Vanilla has been available for over a decade. Open source. People have contributed to fixing it and making it better the entire time. Just paste it in and we're good to go, no need for the PTR!

Only you get on the PTR, and yes, you can level fine. There are minor issues readily apparent like NPCs that should be pathing that aren't, and quests that should be available and aren't. And then you look deeper, and look at things like the scripted dungeon fights, or raids, or even simple things like the Stablemaster UI being bugged or being able to tame pets you sholdn't be able to, and you realize the deeper you look, the rougher it gets.

Then some fix or change in the last week is causing attuning and entering MC impossible, or causes boats dropping you past the fatigue line or Zeppelins to drop you in mid-air to fall to your death when you zone in...and you realize it's not as simple as you think.

11. I didn't say testing wasn't needed, I don't think you need an entire beta for it
    I 100% agree. Not every aspect or small patch needs a beta, it shouldn't be too difficult to try out the patches before rolling them out, and im pretty certain most people would be okay with fixes (if needed) post release aswell.

Doing a beta for every phase, release or patch just seems like a waste of time and intellectual capacity to me.