1. Lost character names

I logged in after many years. My characters are still there but they are "empty". They are level 80 but do not have any equipment. That's not really a problem for me, but the problem is that they don't have names. When I try to enter the world I have to enter a name but I can't enter the old name, it says it is unavailable.
    Can I get my characters' old names back? I really care that they have those names.
    Thanks in advance.

2. I don't think you can. Same thing happened to me after not playing for a little over a year. Those names are unavailble becasue someone else took them

3. i have the same problem i lost 2 names and it said that they've been flagged for rename or something like that and when i searched someone else had been using them

4. You can try to get those names after next cleanup. Next time just log in once per half a year and you wont lose your names.

5. not fair for people that donated, also lost 5 characters on frostwolf the mist of pandaria and full donated and they don't say ****!