1. Will the characters currently in beta be available at launch?
    Do people here seriously ask if you can keep a character from x50 / high drop TEST realm and use it on the official realm ? xD

Or did you mean if you can keep the same character with same look and name reserved for a launch but with level 1 and wiped gear and reps/gold ?

Sorry ..., I am just looking for a way to rationalize the question you had because I have a hard time understanding that there is someone stupid enough to think their unchanged character from BETA on level 60 will be kept and transfered to the official realm where other people have to grind theirs on x3 rates. I think it should be even stated on the first post and made clearly visible since the number of people asking similar question is quite disturbing.

I just hope it's not your case since yours can be interpreted in more ways.

2. Admins, please tell me! How long will it take to wipe on Onyxia? like before after 1 year or longer?

3. Admins, please tell me! How long will it take to wipe on Onyxia? like before after 1 year or longer?
    Let's see...we're going through all content. So far the timeline is only specified for Vanilla phases, where Server launches Nov 18th, a week later the first raids open, and Nax (final Vanilla Phase) BEGINS Jun 29th...so 7 months there, add a couple months and Vanilla will probably be 9-10 months total. Project that out for TBC and Wrath, and the server will probably last 2.5-3 years total. I honestly don't see how they could fully progress through all content in less than 2 years.

4. This is great news! Thank you for creating this amazing opportunity for myself and some people I know! I never got to play Vanilla, I tried to play when BFA came out but that version of game is so boring and not what I had thought. I am now playing on Lordaeron and I love it, I felt sad that I missed all the progression when TBC came and WoTLK but this gives me a chance. I am not in any matter a good player, very casual at least for now but I hope I can learn it better now that I can get to go through all the content progressively. I can't even properly express how awesome this is!

5. With RDF I can guarantee you, your "authentic" vanilla leveling experience is just sitting in the cities spamming dungeons for 50% longer than you would've at 5x.

If you want "authentic" vanilla, then remove RDF and also reduce to 1.5x. Otherwise, keep RDF and 5x (although I would prefer 7x like Icecrown).

My interest in this server is quite diminished now. People are seriously underestimating the grind - it will take 80-100 hours and most of it will be leveling in an empty world while most people will be sitting in the cities doing RDF. I'm sure the no-lifers are happy though.

This also kills alt leveling. Personally I don't care about alts, but for the ones who do, congrats you will enjoy spamming RDF for hundreds more hours just to play more classes.

No hate towards Warmane and those who would enjoy this server. I'm glad you got what you wanted, just wanted to express that myself and probably quite a few other people probably won't be interested in this anymore.

6. All 3x achieves is people sitting in cities for 50% longer spamming RDF than 5x.

So you spam RDF for 80 hours instead of 50 hours like with 5x.

There is functionally no difference in the quality of the experience at 3x or 5x. What I mean is that 3x isn't any more "authentic vanilla" than 5x. All it does is increase the length of the boring grind. You will not get the authentic vanilla experience, and RDF will ensure a mostly empty world. No leveling can compete with spamming SM or ZF from the comfort of Orgrimmar or Ironforge.

Since the decision to go to 3x was surely influenced by the people whining for a more "authentic" experience, I want to point out that in the end no one wins anything.

7. For the people who complain that the exp rate to be 7x ur missing the whole point of this project

8. I can agree with that, that RDF will kill game experience at least abit. If warmane was smart they would add RDF at least after around 1 to 2 months after release so people don't just sit in citys.

9. I can agree with that, that RDF will kill game experience at least abit. If warmane was smart they would add RDF at least after around 1 to 2 months after release so people don't just sit in citys.
    If I don't have a group of friends I can spam RDF with (which at this moment, I don't)...ie when I'm leveling solo, I'd prefer to level by questing in the open world.

However, by setting the realm as PvP, that's going to end up in a lot of toxic bull I don't want to deal with. This decision will incentivize me to spamming rdf when I otherwise wouldn't. It's not the RDF that's going to RIP the "living world"...at least, not in my eyes.

10. i think you guys forgot that there is something called professions, youll need to farm mats and such for them. also class quests and alot of things. even with the presence of RDF only a fool will lvl to 60 withount questing even 30% of the 1 to 60 leveling

11. Not sure what the worries are all about... Every time a new popular Wrath server launches, every area is packed with questers and farmers almost to the point that it makes doing things difficult. RDF will actually make every part of the game much more tolerable, not to mention save an insane amount of time you'd spent traveling (only to have the party disband every other time due to no one else wanting to move to the stone for summon).

12. I can agree with that, that RDF will kill game experience at least abit. If warmane was smart they would add RDF at least after around 1 to 2 months after release so people don't just sit in citys.
    "I might be being naive, but in the beta, they explicitly used the term RDF, and now they only use the term dungeon finder. So maybe you can form groups and enter dungeons from the capitals, but without the XP reward, or perhaps it's just for finding a group, and you still have to travel to the dungeon.

13. The only tweaked rate is the experience gain.

You can probably assume that roughly anything that isn't mentioned in the announcement works as usual in the base game.
    There might be exceptions, sure, the post isn't all-encompassing, but it's a good rule of thumb.
    Would have loved the Reputation 3×

14. My interest in this server is quite diminished now
    why? you are a pro wpvp player, another like you, not the rdf ones, will do the same, is a 12k server. you just want to kill the rdf ones? are you crying about that? you gonna have your wpvp, not the pveers you want to kill, the other ones. whats the deal? i quote you but there is a lot of wpvp pro players, i like that. let's go

First ... 6789101858 ... Last