1. "The realm state will be set to PvP"

So with no PVE server available has Warmane decided that the PVE players should find another place to play, I support the right of the Warmane staff to make whatever type of server they want, but if they have decided to move away from having a PVE server it woul

2. Let's be real, you can't seriously expect the leveling rate of the server to be tuned to cater to the people with the least time.
    Why is it that your most popular server (and the most populated private server) is 7x then? I would imagine the decision was made and the outcome is what it is today because that is what people want.

And on the other side, the people complaining we aren't using x5 are even less than the ones who were asking for x3, so, by your own argument, we shouldn't listen to you.
    Generally, people with less time to play a game also have less time to comment on forums so this makes complete sense that there would be less people voicing for 5x.

3. Why is it that your most popular server (and the most populated private server) is 7x then?
    Because it's the oldest. That's it. It also used to have higher rates in the long past.

Generally, people with less time to play a game also have less time to comment on forums so this makes complete sense that there would be less people voicing for 5x.
    This is so pulled out of a dark cavity that I'm embarrassed to have read it.

4. Great decisions overall. 3x will provide a much better experience versus 5x or 7x, which are simply too fast to enjoy leveling in the zones. You only do a handful of quests and you're already too high level for a zone.

Also, having a PVP server will give vanilla a much better feel with World PVP coming back. The thing that made vanilla so great is that it wasn't an easy experience. You could get ganked any time and you had to really grind to get anything done. It wasn't easy like retail WoW is today.

5. Also, having a PVP server will give vanilla a much better feel with World PVP coming back.
    I disagree with your assessment but only time will tell if PVP was the way to go. Personally I loathe PVP in all it's forms and I just want to know if Warmane's decision to go PVP means that PVE is dead. That way I can at least know what to expect.

6. I disagree with your assessment but only time will tell if PVP was the way to go. Personally I loathe PVP in all it's forms and I just want to know if Warmane's decision to go PVP means that PVE is dead. That way I can at least know what to expect.
    If getting ganked is what makes WoW "fun"...you can flag yourself and experience that on a PvE server. None of us PvE-advocates are trying to stop you from getting that fun...we just don't think it's fun, and don't want to be forced to experience it.

7. I don't understand why people keep complaining about the rates. Guys, yes, In vanilla with 1x rates it took like 150 hours to max level. That doesn't mean it's going to need 50 on x3. Why you ask? Because there is RDF which makes the whole point of all the time you have to travel pointless. And I'm not even talking about the fact you get extra XP from finishing a dungeon.

8. Will you be able to donate Items/Gold ?

9. If getting ganked is what makes WoW "fun"...you can flag yourself and experience that on a PvE server. None of us PvE-advocates are trying to stop you from getting that fun...we just don't think it's fun, and don't want to be forced to experience it.
    So let's say pvp player flags himself for pvp, gets attacked by 2 unflagged players and dies. That's fine. Being killed is a normal part of wpvp. The problem is when this pvp player comes back, wanting to have his revenge. But often it takes more than 5 minutes to track down the person who killed you. Or to bring friends for help. Or to wait for a right moment so you can win 1v2. And by that time these 2 are already unflagged and you can't attack them. That's not how wpvp is supposed to work.
    So no, pve realm, where those who want to fight have to flag themselves won't work.

10. So let's say pvp player flags himself for pvp, gets attacked by 2 unflagged players and dies. That's fine. Being killed is a normal part of wpvp. The problem is when this pvp player comes back, wanting to have his revenge. But often it takes more than 5 minutes to track down the person who killed you. Or to bring friends for help. Or to wait for a right moment so you can win 1v2. And by that time these 2 are already unflagged and you can't attack them. That's not how wpvp is supposed to work.
    So no, pve realm, where those who want to fight have to flag themselves won't work.
    So because you want to be able to get revenge most who just don't care about world pvp have to suffer?

11. So because you want to be able to get revenge most who just don't care about world pvp have to suffer?
    No, I'm telling that

...you can flag yourself and experience that on a PvE server.
    isn't an experience that's even remotely close to pvp realm.

12. Release on my birthday! Thanks malako

13. XP rates?

Is it Vanilla XP at rate x3? or WoTLK at rate x3?

Patch 2.3:
    Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

- The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 11 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    - Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    - Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play.

Patch 3.0.2
    The amount of experience required to level between 60 and 70 has been reduced.

- Approximately 30% less XP required to level (60-61 used to require 500,000, now 290,000)
    - Quest XP increased by approximately 30% (Quests at level 64 still gives the standard 10400 XP, so this needs confirmation).
    - XP gained by kills did not change

14. XP rates?

Is it Vanilla XP at rate x3? or WoTLK at rate x3?

Patch 2.3:
    Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

- The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 11 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    - Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    - Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play.

Patch 3.0.2
    The amount of experience required to level between 60 and 70 has been reduced.

- Approximately 30% less XP required to level (60-61 used to require 500,000, now 290,000)
    - Quest XP increased by approximately 30% (Quests at level 64 still gives the standard 10400 XP, so this needs confirmation).
    - XP gained by kills did not change
    XP required to level matches the Vanilla data tables I've seen in multiple wikis when I checked on the PTR, and not the reduced tables from TBC and Wrath.

First ... 7151617181927 ... Last