1. Onyxia: the realm of legends! Experience Vanilla, TBC and WotLK in one realm!

Greetings Warmane community,

We are thrilled to announce that the project we have been working on for some time is finally ready to launch.
    We know you have been waiting patiently for this moment, and we are eager to show you what we have created! This is the official release announcement for Onyxia!

Onyxia is the realm where you can witness the transformation of World of Warcraft from its roots to its zenith. Onyxia will enable you to enjoy three iterations of WoW: Vanilla, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

Onyxia is based on our previous realm, Frostmourne, which taught us a lot about how to create a fun and engaging seasonal realm. We have listened to your feedback and suggestions and improved our realm design accordingly.

• Experience rate of x3 with ability to lower it at will
    • You will be able to experience the original spells, talents and mechanics, gear stats and functions of each expansion, without having to switch your standard WoW client that you own and use to play on Warmane realms with.
    • Quality of Life features
    • Requires the standard client you already use to play other WoTLK Warmane realms
    • 40man raids will be set to 25man
    • Dual specialization
    • Dungeon Finder
    • Achievements
    • Arenas
    • The realm state will be set to PvP
    • There is no rank decay for the honor PvP system. This means you can keep your rank and rewards without having to grind every week.
    • Marketplace similar to Icecrown/Frostmourne model.
    • Character trading and the trading system available as on Lordaeron.
    • Each expansion season will have a set duration. The content of each season will be divided in tiers. The content of the first tier will be available on day one. Every few months, the content will progress further.

All accounts will be able to reserve one character name on Onyxia on November 15, 2023 at 12:00 server time.

Onyxia will launch on November 18, 2023 at 15:00 server time with this schedule of phases:

• November 18th, Phase 0 will start with realm opening and raids closed.
    • November 25th, Phase 1 will introduce Molten Core, Onyxia’s Lair, Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak.
    • January 27th, Phase 2 will bring Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire.
    • February 24th, Phase 3 will add Zul’Gurub and Green Dragons.
    • March 30th, Phase 3.5 will begin the preparations for the AQ Gates.
    • April 27th, Phase 4 will unleash Ahn’Qiraj, depending on player progress.
    • June 29th, Phase 5 will culminate with Naxxrammas.

Arena seasons will be featured in their own respective forum threads.

We are confident that we can deliver a high-quality realm that will satisfy all kinds of players. All of the work invested in this realm will also benefit our other realms where appropriate.

We hope you join us on our next journey

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. Awesome! Sad about the xp change but its an OKish change :)

3. Finally we got real announce! good choice to change XP rate from x5 to x3 it will be more fun to play! Cant wait!

4. Hope rates increase for later phases, but 3x should be fine. Disappointed about the PvP realm ruleset...but it was unfortunately expected.

5. amazing! now please give us rated BGs instead of farming honor 100 hours of week for r14:)

6. Hope rates increase for later phases, but 3x should be fine. Disappointed about the PvP realm ruleset...but it was unfortunately expected.
    I am sure not everyone have time to farm 24/7 to get ranks in vanilla i remember it to be pain in the a..s but ye it was what it makes game fun. But whatever x3 rate is a good choice aswell.

7. At last! Now I can get to truly play through all the classic expansions.

8. "Achievements" - so we have a chance to get the original feast of strenght achievements ?

9. So if I want to experience:

Vanilla Raids with 40 men (max Lvl 60 chars) with Vanilla gear/Skill
    TBC Raids with max Lvl 70 chars with TBC gear/Skill

in the same server then is it this server ?

10. Will the BETA characters remain at the server or is it a fresh start on Nov. 18th?

11. Will the BETA characters remain at the server or is it a fresh start on Nov. 18th?
    Of course not.

12. So if I want to experience:

Vanilla Raids with 40 men (max Lvl 60 chars) with Vanilla gear/Skill
    TBC Raids with max Lvl 70 chars with TBC gear/Skill

in the same server then is it this server ?
    Kinda...Vanilla 40 man raids will be 25 man raids...I think this is to make managing guild raid rosters between all the contents easier. Sucks to organize a 40-man roster for Vanilla, then have to kick almost half of them (or run 2 raid rosters) once TBC content comes around. At least, that's my primary argument for justifying this change.

But yes, other than that change, the first 5 phases of the server will be max level 60, with Vanilla mechanics/skills/talents/gear. Once we go to TBC, max level 70, with TBC talents/skills/mechanics/gear.

13. I am sure not everyone have time to farm 24/7 to get ranks in vanilla i remember it to be pain in the a..s but ye it was what it makes game fun. But whatever x3 rate is a good choice aswell.
    We all know doing that grind is faster in BGs than the open world...but whatev.

14. What's with the server wide announcement saying the Server Onyxia is live?

1231151 ... Last