1. Perhaps it's due to Sanctified Wrath not impacting resilience like it used to?

2. Perhaps it's due to Sanctified Wrath not impacting resilience like it used to?
    no this talent only affect damage under wings, you need to check more basics talent such as http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=20335 http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=20117 http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=20111 http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=20049 http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=53380 http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=31869. I might add that the block value strength scaling only got fixed in October 2023 for prot paladin... Its not impossible that devs member forgot something who impact the damage of ret paladin

3. Unless something has broken recently, those all should be working fine.

4. Nothing is broken, Rets have crazy burst dmg, the guy is crying for no reason. If he is only one who cant deal dmg with rets, then its his problem, end of story.
    People play pret more sustain and crazy dmg, hret crazy healing and dmg unde rwings only. stop crying and adept to it. If you want more dmg, then go for pure pvp dps spec and u will see big numbers.

5. Nothing is broken, Rets have crazy burst dmg, the guy is crying for no reason. If he is only one who cant deal dmg with rets, then its his problem, end of story.
    People play pret more sustain and crazy dmg, hret crazy healing and dmg unde rwings only. stop crying and adept to it. If you want more dmg, then go for pure pvp dps spec and u will see big numbers.
    Here we go, another 1.5 player who have no idea how the game running, is coming for tell us the damage is fine because he do some crit on his last battleground. Using Whitmane as a name for curve his lack of attention. As I said I asked top tiers ret advice about damage, they all said it suck. Check arena ladder nobody play two hand ret in any bracket since we switched meta meanwhile we are in shadowmourn meta idk what to say more. I don't know what exactly going wrong, but something is definitely wrong so please take a closer look at the class you will find something like you do with prot paladin two months ago

6. If we're going to talk about why nobody plays Ret at the top of the ladder, then I would argue against the topic. If a Ret does less damage than it should, there's no way there's enough of a difference to skew its usefulness in a coordinated arena match. That would have to be more than a few %. A Ret's killing potential is not what makes the team - the distinct lack thereof outside of burst has always been what defines the ideal team comps for it. The other specs used (including preg) widen the viable team comps for the class. The fact that less healing than a holydin and damage reliant on Reckoning being superior to Ret speaks more to the effect of a skill issue other teams have, or the paladin themselves in question, more than it does a damage problem with Ret.

7. Cry me a river Markpivipi :'D
    as i told few times in this thread, you want dmg, make pure dmg talents without all def cds and use attack glyphs , and you will have your dmg, Stop crying for weeks about no reason. you obviously didnt see ret dmg in duels and you talk like some1 who bought whole gear and doesnt have clue how to use spells. Read some guides, because obviously your way doesnt work

8. y, pal damage is low, it needs a burst to be on par with some classes
    even with agony it is still low, its damage is somewhat illogical on certain occasions

9. agains what classes are you comparing full wf ret? vs half pve items warrs and hunters and ferals and rogues, who are going on main set wf and rest pve items?
    Take same thing on ret and you will see dmg pumping, if your dmg is low, then u are doing something wrong, or are you crying about dmg, when enemy gets their def cds up and pain sup etc, and then you cant kill them, well.... truth is, def cds are there for a reason, same as rets are using slavation glyph in place of dps one, same as u are using deep prot spec for more sustain and not for more dmg. try another things and u will see how your dmg spikes and are topping dmg even in arenas

10. Hi, I've mained ret paladin since 2016 on warmane and I've played both pve and pvp with it, my character was named Andeknuser on icecrown and I've achieved 2.9k rating in soloq 2.3k in 3s and 2.6k in 2s and gladiator title, I've played all of the specs. I don't know what has happened to ret in warmane but 2 hand ret is unplayable without shadowmourne, ret damage is noticeably lower than other servers. This is not the first time something like this is happening on warmane (for a while DK damage was really low and they fixed it). In high rate pvp (upwards of 2.4k) you basically have no chance as 2 hand ret paladin even with shadowmourne everyone will obliterate you, prot palas will out damage you + more tankiness (7k hammer crits without wings) and utility, preg spec paladins will do similiar damage to you without shadowmourne, and this is why 2 hand ret has become unpopular, it's the best paladin spec because you have a chance vs spell casters (prot and preg are really bad vs casters) but it's not good on warmane, the damage simply is not enough even with bis gear, warriors will melt through you and outdps you with the bonus of having heal reduction, I would bother to ask dear warmane to look into this matter but I don't think they will do anything about it.

11. idk whats happening, but, in some moments dmg i deal is crazy as hell, even i am shocked how i nuke them down, but then, i am going vs some another players, where it looks like they are taking 0 dmg. maybe its something that gets fix on restart and get worse over time or idk, but as i told above, dmg is very fine, i am playing dmg spec, and most of the times, dmg is insane and crits are 5-8k

12. As a 3k multiclasser player, I've been closely following this discussion and agree that the damage output of Ret Paladins in Warmane's WotLK environment is indeed lower than it should be, especially in high-level arenas.

Some of you pointed out stuff like gear choices and talents – too much hit, not enough Frost Emblems usage, that sort of thing. Definitely important, but there's more to it??. Remember the whole mess with Shield of Righteousness and its strength scaling? Only got fixed this October. Makes you wonder what else got missed for Ret Paladins, right??? It's not just about being savvy with your gear or skills. Even the top players playing Ret for years, say the damage is just not where it needs to be. And you hardly see any two-hand Rets in the top arena brackets. Tells you something's up??.

Sure, Rets can burst, but in those tough arena fights, they're not holding up. You need more than just a good opener – you need to keep that pressure up, and Rets are lagging there????.

So yeah, it's not just about how you play or what you wear. There's a bigger picture issue with Ret Paladin DPS in Warmane's WotLK, PvP wise. Hoping the devs give it a real look, like they did with Prot Paladins. We need that balance to keep the arena fights fair and fun.

PS: One thing that could possibly be the cause of it, I think, is the two handed specialization talent. Someone mentionned it as well in the replies.

Thank you in advance! Hope you consider it

13. Edit on the previous reply : I meant to write "not enough strength" instead of "not enough frost emblems" which doesn't make sense.

14. I would like to reiterate though. If specific issues can be identified, that would help speed up the investigation and development process.

15. im r1 3k all server as ret and i can only agree with andeknuser, pogzozwez, the lack of damage can be feel in high mmr. You not allowed to realise what your class is supposed to do in the mean time. Wich make everyone playing prot or preg. It took 10 years for fix the strengh block value scaling for prot paladin. Identify problem is not our job as players, we are for tell you there is a problem, devs need to fix it. There is people who have experience in this thread and they all saying the same that ret dmg is weak. I sincerely doubt that moderatos ever played in highest mmr as two hand ret in warmane so they cant realy understand what going on. Moderators just have theoretical knowledge of class, the reality is way more different.

First 12345 Last