1. Problem with DPS

Hello everyone,
    I haven't played wotlk in a while and recently i decided to come back where it all started :D

I have my 6k Ret Paladin that i geared but i did something wrong. At Icc/Rs, full buffed i cant do more then 6-7k dps and that bothers me.
    Also what i want to mention is that i read that Ret pal hit cap is 264 and mine is 634... Im also confused.

My gear: https://imgur.com/a/mjdVmcm

Head: [Landsoul's Horned Greathelm]
    Neck: [Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard]
    Shoulders: [Raging Behemoth's Shoulderplates]
    Back: [Might of the Ocean Serpent]
    Chest: [Sanctified Lightsworn Battleplate]
    Wrists: [Malykriss Vambraces]
    Hands: [Sanctified Lightsworn Gauntlets]
    Waist: [Malevolent Girdle]
    Legs: [Legplates of Painful Death]
    Feet: [Hellfrozen Bonegrinders]
    Finger1: [Ashen Band of Endless Might]
    Finger2: [Band of the Bone Colossus] - Heroic
    Trinket1: [Mark of Supremacy]
    Trinket2: [Herkuml War Token]
    Weapon: [Shadow's Edge]
    libram: [Libram of Three Truths]

I would like to know what should i change... I'm currently working on Wrists and trinkets from icc or rs but i would like is something else problem.

Thanks
    Edited: November 1, 2023

2. Hello,

I had also bit issues with my paladin and it's DPS.
    Looking you char I would say following:

- You have to much hit rating, cap is 8% so watch out for that.
    - You got 30 expertise which is not really needed, aim to be around 25/26
    - As retri paladin you don't need armor penetration, so check to change back, feet and legs. I know that Shadow Edge has also armor pen but it's the way to go for Shadowmourne.
    - Retri paladin doesn't use hands from the set this one are his BIS -> https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50690
    - Everything else is from the set

3. Damn... I have to change everything (almost :D). Thanks mate

4. Also try to get some haste.
    This is an almost bis retri paladin -> https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary
    Note it's not my char, it's from friend.

5. If you had utilized EoF's better, your DPS and itemization would be so much better.

Instead of cloak and trinket, you could've gone for T10 shoulders/helm. Lower GS sure, but better DPS + 4p set bonus on the top. And switch hands when the time comes.
    You'll switch to T10 legs when you get them, that will fix your lack of expertise, and you replace Arp with Crit. Wait for VoA drops, fix other stuff meanwhile.
    Cloak can be easily replaced with whatever drops in ICC 25. IIRC ICC 10 cloaks had hit on them, so that's not going to help.

But in general, replacing that excess 370 hit with any other stat should yield noticeable DPS increase.

Do you have any "old stuff" lying around?

6. Short answer is:

4 Piece Tier Set
    Tiny Abom
    Death’s Choice or even Greatness
    Swap Ashen Ring to Agil Version
    Recovered Scarlet Onslaught would have been better than Ocean Serpent
    Gem full strength

Reasoning:
    So many dead secondary stats. Way over hit cap. All that excess hit, like 400 may as well be spirit. Missing the equivalent of 5+% crit and/or 10% haste
    ARP is a Minimal dps diff for you, like 200-300 dps
    Your trinkets are almost uneqipped slots in worst cae scenario, -32 Ilvl in best scenario. Mark doing 0 passive dmg, active depends on how you are using it. Herkumi performing at ilvl 232 with slow ramp.

No tier set and maybe some talent tree errors also accounts for anywhere between 500 dps-1000dps

Raid comp also makes a diff, kings might, melee haste, 10% AP all have significant effects on dps performance,
    Also, no info about your rotation, divine storm capitalizations, etc
    Edited: November 4, 2023

7. If you had utilized EoF's better, your DPS and itemization would be so much better.

Instead of cloak and trinket, you could've gone for T10 shoulders/helm. Lower GS sure, but better DPS + 4p set bonus on the top. And switch hands when the time comes.
    You'll switch to T10 legs when you get them, that will fix your lack of expertise, and you replace Arp with Crit. Wait for VoA drops, fix other stuff meanwhile.
    Cloak can be easily replaced with whatever drops in ICC 25. IIRC ICC 10 cloaks had hit on them, so that's not going to help.

But in general, replacing that excess 370 hit with any other stat should yield noticeable DPS increase.

Do you have any "old stuff" lying around?

Yes... when i was younger GS was more important then stats :D Thanks for this broad answer.
    I will be looking towards ICC back and other VoA drops :)

About "old stuff" i have almost 95 EoF laying + https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=52030 around so Im thinking about changing
    legs with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=51278
    OR
    helmet with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=51277 (better to lower that HIT)

not kinda sure which one is better upgrade :D

8. Short answer is:

4 Piece Tier Set
    Tiny Abom
    Death’s Choice or even Greatness
    Recovered Scarlet Onslaught would have been better than Ocean Serpent
    Gem full strength

Reasoning:
    So many dead secondary stats. Way over hit cap. All that excess hit, like 400 may as well be spirit. Missing the equivalent of 5+% crit and/or 10% haste
    ARP is a Minimal dps diff for you, like 200-300 dps
    Your trinkets are almost uneqipped slots in worst cae scenario, -32 Ilvl in best scenario. Mark doing 0 passive dmg, active depends on how you are using it. Herkumi performing at ilvl 232 with slow ramp.

No tier set and maybe some talent tree errors also accounts for anywhere between 500 dps-1000dps

Raid comp also makes a diff, kings might, melee haste, 10% AP all have significant effects on dps performance,
    Also, no info about your rotation, divine storm capitalizations, etc
    Those pieces make sense :D

About talents you, if you want, you can check them here https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary
    And about rotation I'm using popular First to Come - First to use

9. Short answer is:
    Is it better for his case in particular or in general? I thought the str was better in general

10. Is it better for his case in particular or in general? I thought the str was better in general
    Str stat is best, but agility ring is better than str ring.

11. ret paladin in warmane doing very weak damage its as been said for years and no one dev take a closer look at the class. Like the shield of righteousness was nerfed since so many time, it got finally fixed in October 2023.. the shield block value wasn't scaling strength that a shame. Its obvious that ret is nerfed in warmane, developer need to check every talent of the class etc

12. Hi , i can attest to this , damage seems lower on all abilites , it seems everyone else (class) is doing a whole lot more than paladins in terms of damage. Now ofc there's gonna be the ones who say " omg U cRy aBoUt ******iN dOmiGe", but this is real and its palpable.

I've been playing on and off since molten days and it didnt feel like it does now.

13. You are just noobs, if you are playing ret proper way, you can get 18 - 22k dps, u still cry for dmg, learn how to gear your char first and to do proper priority spell rotations. If you have low gs, deal with it, get better items and your dmg will get better. Stop crying about most imba dmg for support class dmg on whole WoW series

14. I've been playing on and off since molten days and it didnt feel like it does now.
    Could it be because what was broken actually got fixed?

15. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

123 ... Last