1. Donation = Suffering in pvp ?

Hello, i convinced my friend to play on Icecrown. We lvled up together and he bought BIS weapon. Now we are below 4k gearscore and queing in 6k+ gearscore in BGs. Everyone is hating us and say we are "noobs" "*cking donators" and that we lose because of us.

This experience is not so good for new players who wants to support server with donations.

Now he is disgusted with this gameplay and doesnt want to play, ruin others experience, and be called with bad words.

2. Donor bashing is against the server rules, so if you open a report to a GM they will receive a punishment.
    https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

3. Told him he can report them, but he doesnt want to... because its true that we are losing it for them.

Can i ask how BG bracket work? Its not playable on his character.

He absolutely changed his opinion in future donations. I think its lose for the server if more players experience this.

4. People with weak gear will always be around. Assuming these accusations of "losing it for them" really happened in the first place, it would be just them trying to push the blame for a match that would be lost anyway.

The brackets have both a break point in iLevel, as well as in certain best-in-slot items. Trying to cheese the system by having weak gear, except for the best weapon, which in theory would leave you at a lower iLevel on average, will push you into the high one. This won't be changed, donations or not.

Lastly, don't forget there being brackets at all is something we created. There were none like this in the original game.

5. Honestly, it doesn't matter. You'll get the same flavor of messages no matter what if you aren't BiS geared. "You shouldn't be here" and "you're pulling us down" and "gtfo loser" and all the rest.

How are you supposed to get the honor for gear without doing BGs in the first place? They're all *****s.

6. Thank you for informations.

I know this would not be changed because of me or my friend. I just wanted to ask and express our feelings.

Basically every bg we join is 10v8 , 15v13. I can definitely see how weak and useless i am, so i take the blame for losing it guiltly.

Lastly, don't forget there being brackets at all is something we created. There were none like this in the original game.
    I mean thats the thing. Now we have high probability to meet geared people, and minimal to meet another low geared donator. Mathematicaly its obvious.

Then donation seems like punishment from my perspective.

7. Then donation seems like punishment from my perspective.
    Not at all. Being set in the high bracket had nothing to do with the fact you or this friend donated. People donate plenty and remain in the lower bracket.

This happened because of using Coins to get a best-in-slot weapon, nothing else. You couldn't seriously expect to be allowed to have the massive damage advantage that would give in the lower bracket, c'mon. You never wondered why no one else had that when playing the lower bracket? It wasn't because no one had the same bright idea...

8. Im just wondering why should he seriously expect to be allowed to have the massive disadvantage that would give in the higher bracket, c'mon. This doesnt seem like bright idea to me.

9. It wasn't a bright idea, like most attempts to game a system aren't, if that really wasn't clear.
    They are always a matter of time until what's happening is noticed and safeguards are implemented so it doesn't happen anymore.

Switching around my words in that way isn't going to change any of that, just pretty much confirms "he" really just tried to get a "bright" advantage over the others in the lower bracket, believing we hadn't been there before.