1. Rolling need for a DPS item

Ret Paladin healing in WOW CLASSIC dungeon. No wipes, healing is sufficient.

I rolled need for an DPS item. This other DPS randomly starts threatening me about rolling need when I shouldn't have. Then he starts to threaten me about reporting me and how my account would get banned. I would normally understand, but this was a dungeon in WOW CLASSIC, so idk what the big deal is.

Do I have anything to worry about or am I screwed?

2. well, if u que as healer then u only have a right to roll need on healer gears regardless your class/spec/level of the dungeon.
    however, if u informed your party that u're rolling dps items at start and they agreed, or other conditions like u were queing as dps, but u had to cover the healing role cz the healer left/dc, then u'll have your right needing em. otherwise, they have a right to report u, and gms have a right to decide based on their report.
    Edited: November 7, 2023

3. In more direct terms:

Gear for the role you queued -> roll Need or Greed, your choice.
    Gear for any other role -> roll Greed, unless you have unanimous confirmation from the rest of the group that you can use Need on a specific item (hardly will any group blindly let you roll off-role for the whole dungeon, and risk losing something they need themselves).

This means everyone has to voice they agree explicitly, someone not saying anything isn't them saying yes. Which dungeon it was isn't relevant, if the item is off your current role you have the same right to equip it as the rest of the group has to vendor it. If you want to gear a specific spec, play its role in the dungeon. Picking healer due to shorter queues won't mean you get to gear a tank or DD.

In your case, if that player opens a report with proper evidence you will almost for certain get a ban.