1. BG Bracketing Breakdowns

Is there a particular science in regards to how the BG brackets @ 80 work? What determines each section? As i've progressed i've noticed that at fresh 80 it was mostly fresh 80s. the mid 4ks GS wise is completely bonkers, You've got some fresh 80s with one or two AH 264 items and some people rocking Bryntrol. and then you just magically start getting thrown in with the blackrock guys. What determines each bracket? Is it a particular item level requirement? is it based on honorable kills etc?

2. Yes it is gearscore based, but how many brackets there are no idea i personaly believe there is 3 brackets. Yes in mid brackets you will see guys running around with 264lvl AH items and so on, most of them are progressing trough thats why you meet them. My advice would be for those who are in just for PvP, keep in check ur GS so you don't get trown in big mans league, farm AP and EOF to get youre relentless set and then you have chance for last bracket BG.
    P.S rocking with Bryntrol is nothing, i wanna see some rich kid doing it with smourne in that low bracket, that would be blast.

3. From my limited observations I have suspected that if queues are long you are likely to be put in another bracket temporarily, which makes it even harder to observe how the system works.

4. You probably should be thinking iLevel, not "GS." The amount of brackets isn't important, since people are supposed to fall into place organically, not try to min-max to the limit. Doing that, in fact, has been known to see people manually pushed into the higher bracket (such as people who try to get the same average iLevel as others by combining a best-in-slot weapon with weaker armor, for example). That's why exact parameters won't be disclosed, and could just be tweaked if people seem to be catching on and min-maxing.

Lastly, since this sort of topic eventually devolves into the "unfairness" of it, I'll leave the usual reminder here: originally, there would be no brackets at all, everyone would be thrown into one pot. Brackets were introduced to make the gearing up smoother, not to change the nature of Battlegrounds into some sort of equal playing field.