1. Characters Removed on Lordareon

So i logged in after couple of years on the same account and now my characters are missing. In the realm selection menu it says that i have 3 characters here but when enter the realm its empty.

2. Few options:
    - Up to level 50 characters are deleted due to inactivity.
    - 3rd party gaining access to your account and deleting them (after cleaning them from their valuables).

Start a new.

3. Few options:
    - Up to level 50 characters are deleted due to inactivity.
    - 3rd party gaining access to your account and deleting them (after cleaning them from their valuables).

Start a new.
    I had lvl 80 characters that has been deleted. And i have the same problem as OP : on realm list, it shows the number of characters i had, but once selected, none appear.

4. If your character didn't fit the cleanup conditions, make sure you secure your account. Don't use the same password in two places. Don't fall for phishing. Make a party with op and level up together.

5. I had lvl 80 characters that has been deleted. And i have the same problem as OP : on realm list, it shows the number of characters i had, but once selected, none appear.
    It's based on your WoW files. The number can be different if you didn't manually delete the character.