1. People behavior in a game is intented gameplay. everything you can do ina game is intented gameplay. within the game, nothing is unfair, nothing is cheating.
    if you trust random strangers, you may get ninja'ed

2. "Do NOT deface players in public (global channel etc) especially if you have no proof against them. Actions may be taken against players who continue to call others ninjas in public channels."

Quote from the rules section of ninja loot rules, Report them.
    Interesting that they keep items they ninja, but we can't slander them for it publicly.

3. The concept of "separate things are separate" seems to, for some obscure reason, remain "interestingly not understandable" for many people, indeed.

PS:
    People behavior in a game is intented gameplay. everything you can do ina game is intented gameplay. within the game, nothing is unfair, nothing is cheating.
    Yeah, I'm definitely being trolled. Something this nonsensical can't be serious.
    I guess rules are created as part of intended gameplay when they are broken. Bugs? Intended gameplay, they are within the game. Someone press the Big Red Button, please.

4. Now you basically said that the system created and working as envisioned is a bug. It is "intended" and it's foolish to argue that it's not.
    Bugs however are not, yet still they are a part of the gameplay.

So what in the end is your point? Tell this player some idealistic bunch of bs, how it's not intended and it's not supposed to be(your rules). Yet these things FACTUALLY HAPPEN in game, happened to this guy and will happen again.

What is nonsensical is pretending to be in some rainbowland instead of looking at actual situation "on the ground". You are the only troll here Obnoxious.

5. it's a part of the game
    this is pure semantics
    yes it's part of the game in the same way that getting run over by a car (on purpose) is part of real life, i.e. it's possible, it can & does happen, however in both cases there will be consequences if convicted

the only discussion (if any) should be about the severeness of the punishment
    personally I'm all for draconic measures because those work best, fear keeps people in line and forces them to adhere to societies standards which in turn lowers the amount of time people have to waste with enforcing the rules

in any case the ninja looter should lose the item(s) he stole
    penalties should increase with the number of offenses, e.g.
    1st offense = remove stolen goods + 24 hour ban
    2nd offense = same but 5 day ban
    3rd offense = same but in addition remove 1 random equipment from that char
    4th offense = ... and so on

everything you can do ina game is intented gameplay. within the game, nothing is unfair, nothing is cheating.
    you probably never heard of code of conduct on retail, you can't even name your character/guild without adhering to certain restrictions (even though the character/guild creation interface may allow it
    if you join a community there will always be a ruleset that is put on top of the game-engine

6. Semantics or no, there will be ninjas. Your own idea assumes that there will be ninjas no matter what's done, I mean, 4 stage punishment?

Everyone always compare ninjas to murderers and such. While actually they are just some kid who stole an apple from neighbors yard. Big deal. There is no permanent damage, there is nothing like that. If anything, overcoming ninjas is net positive. From little inconvenience comes out a good thing in a long run. It's like the opposite of "road to hell is paved with good intentions".

7. Hello
    just want to know can u get banned for rolling highest on an item while other players also want the item.
    Im new to the game and i understand most of the rules within the server but the definition of ninja looting is confusing.....i play a dps paladin that uses plate armor and i just played a heroic dungeon where i out rolled a pair of plate boots and the tank also wanted the boots......he threatend to report me for ninja looting if i dont trade the boots.....i told him i rolled highest fair and square for the boots and he then got offline......so i just wanted to know if this was ninja looting from my part or not.
    thanks.

8. the boots was also an upgrade for my former gear

9. Depends on whatever stats the boots had. If they had tank stats (like dodge) then rolling need was ninja.

10. Hello
    just want to know can u get banned for rolling highest on an item while other players also want the item.
    Im new to the game and i understand most of the rules within the server but the definition of ninja looting is confusing.....i play a dps paladin that uses plate armor and i just played a heroic dungeon where i out rolled a pair of plate boots and the tank also wanted the boots......he threatend to report me for ninja looting if i dont trade the boots.....i told him i rolled highest fair and square for the boots and he then got offline......so i just wanted to know if this was ninja looting from my part or not.
    thanks.
    If the boots had tanking related stats (def, dodge, parry, block, green armor number) it would be ninja. If it didn't have those, then it's not ninja.

11. The fact you're talking about quitting, instead of starting your own raids where you can make sure loot isn't stolen, says a lot.

PS: Ignore angrylol saying it's "part of the game." It isn't, nor is it meant to be. It's people who do it, not the game, which should be clear when there are rules and punishment against it... but some people use bizarro world logic to justify themselves by saying breaking the rules is "pArT oF tHe GaMe."
    says the moderator with limited to no game experience. when you actively start participating in a game that you moderate forums for your opinion can and will be more valid. but until you actually interact with the community outside of the forums your opinion is meaningless. Angrylol is right unfortunately. and he is right. its our responsibility as players to avoid the ninjas if you're seeing loot in a dungeon get taken i wouldn't cry there as its unimportant in the long run but raids not so much. but again start playing and your opinion will be more valued.

12. says the moderator with limited to no game experience. when you actively start participating in a game that you moderate forums for your opinion can and will be more valid. but until you actually interact with the community outside of the forums your opinion is meaningless. Angrylol is right unfortunately. and he is right. its our responsibility as players to avoid the ninjas if you're seeing loot in a dungeon get taken i wouldn't cry there as its unimportant in the long run but raids not so much. but again start playing and your opinion will be more valued.
    What's your sexual orientation? How much experience do you have with other sexualities to give that answer?
    After all, it's only after you actively start participating in those sexualities that your opinion of your own sexuality will be valid.

13. What's your sexual orientation? How much experience do you have with other sexualities to give that answer?
    After all, it's only after you actively start participating in those sexualities that your opinion of your own sexuality will be valid.
    How is this an appropriate answer? What is wrong with you?
    You should consider changing your username since it's affecting your personality. Reminds me of the stanford prison experiment.

14. How is this an appropriate answer? What is wrong with you?
    You should consider changing your username since it's affecting your personality. Reminds me of the stanford prison experiment.
    Did my parallel to show how his premise of having to do something to be able to analyze it is just dumb somehow strike a nerve on you? Or was it you took the parallel to heart?

15. Did my parallel to show how his premise of having to do something to be able to analyze it is just dumb somehow strike a nerve on you? Or was it you took the parallel to heart?
    It seems very inappropriate for a moderator, a.k.a someone with authority that should moderate others, use such unwarranted petty insults. Does it seem appropriate if i start calling everyone that disagrees with me a homosexual? Would i get muted or banned for it?
    Since you are the moderator supposed to enforce the rules and make sure everyone is civil, i take it is ok to ask you if you like cleaning boards for free and if you enjoy black phalluses?

First 123 Last