1. Evil community/forum "members"

There was a newbie that opened a question, a "veteran forum poster" replied by belittling and mocking him before editing his post.

Why is it that every single forum is plagued with people that are above the law are able to trash on newcomers? Why is that nobody fights back against this injustice? Everyone just accepts their place?

If you ever want to know why games take HORRIBLE GAME ENDING turns for the worst look no further than the linked thread, the "veteran" replied would quicker mock newbies.

Veteran mocker is given privilege to talk **** on newcomers and nobody says anything.
    Edited: November 18, 2023 Reason: Link removed

2. What injustice? Posting your account credentials openly is dumb and has nothing to do with being new here. The post in question wasn't even anything like you're describing, just having a mild sarcastic tone. Why is it that every single forum is plagued by drama queens who blow things out of proportion?

3. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

4. you failed to exaggerate the reply by overreacted on the post you mentioned, now you're trying to do the same on new post here, nice try karen.

5. Moderation team did clean up that thread, as it was after those posts spiraling out of context at rapid pace.

It included people mocking other for "pretending to be anime girl" and in return asking if they were pretending to be lava/stone murloc based on their forum avatars. Neither reply had anything to add to the topic really. Dunno what happened after those posts, but I'm guessing it went further on and moderation team decided to step in.

And to clarify, "Forum Veteran" is only a title given to members for providing generally helpful posts to other people's problems. "Forum Veteran" has no power beyond their fancy titles. We are all subject to Warmane Staff's rules, even us fancy pants with fancy titles.

6. . .

7. Actually the title is given to veteran players based on registration date only, there are no other requirements. You can have 0 posts and still acquire it if you want it as long as your account is old enough to be considered "veteran".
    Don't spread bull****. The title has to be manually given by Palutena and it's not only a matter of registration date.

8. Actually the title is given to veteran players based on registration date only, there are no other requirements. You can have 0 posts and still acquire it if you want it as long as your account is old enough to be considered "veteran".
    Actually no. The creation of the title was my idea and it is set manually by me when I see users with 10+ years on the forum still posting, preferably being helpful or just participating around. I wouldn't give it to users with no posts.

9. . .

10. Palutena deleted the post she made after mine, since they were redundant, but let me restore it, then ask that again.
    I'll be waiting.

11. . .

12. It's enough to ask for the title.
    Selective reading sure is the disease of this age.

13. It's enough to ask for the title. Most of the users visit the forums on daily basis, reading stuff, but not posting.
    I am the only person who set titles for users in the forum. If person with an account of 10y, zero posts asks just for the sake of having it, I can choose not to give it. You seem to miss the part: Whoever is active.

as in interacting, posting, replying etc.

Even on this thread there are people with 3 posts, registered 2010 who have it.
    It is because the forum is frequently pruned from posts, people who were active a couple years ago, may have stopped to post and their posts started to get pruned. I won't remove a title because number of posts diminished over time. I think it clarifies everything.

14. But that wasn't my point. What I wanted to clarify to the creator of this topic is that the title is not special in any way - "Veteran mocker is given privilege"
    It's just an activity/age title, nothing else and not related/blessed by the staff in any way - if we break the rules we'll be banned as he will, etc
    I am very privileged. Even had my player account set to "guest" for a few years.
    *maniacal laughter*

15. I am very privileged. Even had my player account set to "guest" for a few years.
    *maniacal laughter*
    Very privileged indeed. Your title has three words. Gotta fix that.

12 Last