1. Is it worth?

Is it worth to start playing on Lordaeron, I have been playing on icecrown for 8 years, collected all achivs got bis gear on all chars and now I want to start fresh again? Dungeons, PUGs, PVP, RAIDs, is this server live?

2. In my opinion, Lordaeron has an even healthier wotlk scene than icecrown. Icecrown is alot more casual but with a bit more pvp activity, while lorda gives you a more authentic experience.

It's very much alive tho ofc

3. Maybe dumb question, but will people poke my eyes out for playing off meta?
    for example: Sv hunter, Destro lock(in early pve).

Back in days sv was my main spec and no one had single problem about it, while on icecrown it is imposible to find spot at any stage of game...

4. Maybe dumb question, but will people poke my eyes out for playing off meta?
    for example: Sv hunter, Destro lock(in early pve).

Back in days sv was my main spec and no one had single problem about it, while on icecrown it is imposible to find spot at any stage of game...
    in dungeons probably anyone wouldnt even care, but i doubt any raid will welcome those step-child specs in general raiding on Lordaeron. can still do VOA tho if that counts.

5. whats the difference between lordaeron and icecrown?

6. Icecrown is cakewalk, Lordaeron is hardcore.
    Icecrown is x7 exp rate, Lordaeron is x1 exp rate.
    Icecrown has a market to buy items for money, Lordaeron not exactly (you can buy characters).
    Icecrown is full population (login queue), Lordaeron has suitably low population (dungeon queue).

7. On Lordaeron you are essentially playing Hardcore PVP because of the BG queues you end up with people from Icecrown and Blackrock (on both teams ofc) lol. Lord has tuned PVE content which means raid bosses have increased hp, shorter enrage timer, more dmg etc. Also the community is miles better in any ways. In the open world there are NO donors to delete your existence.

8. Yet there are many players that join Lordaeron because it hasn't got a queue, without knowing the struggle they will face when they reach lvl 80.

The biggest difference from Icecrown, PVE wise, is the difficulty of ICC, since you have no buff (on Icecrown you have the 30% buff active, unless you turn it off). Apart from that, all the pve content is "hardcore": bosses have way more HP and every offensive machanism hits harder (direct spells, aoe, physical attacks, adds...). Some bosses have shorter enrage timers. An unaware player, with little experience on his role, may even wipe at Toravon (I've seen it yersterday, 3 out of 5 healers were basically afk or underperforming and they couldn't heal the raid through the ice spheres, even if the dps turned on them).

It's quite hard to join both guild raids and pugs if you are playing a class/spec combo which is not considered the best for the meta. I have a frost dk alt and I play it casually, joining weeklies, VOA and RS 25 pugs, because I am aware I wouldn't find a spot in ICC, unless there is no blood dk tank.

9. Depends on how far back your dps is. If you are not dead last then it should be fine.
    Since you have experience with icc mechanics and are quite familiar with how things go there shouldnt be to much trouble to get into PUGs.
    I cant say same for heroic ICC progression, since there dps matters due to tight enrage timers and some guilds or groups might ask you to improve your damage output by changing to meta spec.

10. Hey. Is Lordaeron on the ICC patch? Will there be any server reset or will it stay on ICC "forever"?

11. It's on ICC patch and will most likely stay this way for the forseeable future. If you want to experience other patches, I suggest playing on Warmane's Onyxia server, which is a progressive realm from Classic>TBC>WotLK.

It's currently still on Classic.

12. Thanks. Yea I saw Onyxia. Do I downlaod the WOTLK client to play there or do I need something else?

13. Yep, download the regular WOTLK client and just have fun. I've been playing on Lordaeron since 2017, still haven't got to do any of the endgame raids. Kinda sad, but at the same time it just makes sense since i'm a filthy casual.