1. Very old characters are lost.

Greetings,

I've been off WoW for years, but I want to play again. My friends are playing on Warmane and I figured that since I had played here when I was younger I could just hop on, but my old character is missing.

It was on a Realm named Ragnaros.

You could see in my service history that I've had Instant 80 bought for that server (was a Warrior if my memory is correct) and I remember leveling to 80 a Human Rogue for sure.

https://pasteboard.co/YHM9Ly4QEbQi.png

Could something be done in my case?

Thanks in advance!

2. Not anymore, you're many years late for anything to be done.

3. No compensation? Oh well.

4. Compensation for what? You didn't buy that instant 80, that was the free instant 80 that was given after moltdown.

5. Not everything is about money. It's about destroying something I've built. It's whatever, I will just buy levels. Salty-*** guy.

6. Can you please be a bit more specific, what have you built here? Considering that realm you are talking about is inactive for at least 6 years? Shred got a point, you are complaining about not getting compensation (which usually is something like a favour for long term member/customer) for a thing that was given for free?

7. If you see my original post, I've leveled a character and it was lost apparently (spending time playing/grinding with a character is building something in my opinion), although I remember *also* buying an instant 80, but obviously, I AM WRONG if this is the date that the instant 80 was given. I stopped playing long ago, so I was curious if I could get anything in return (NOT BECAUSE I GOT FREE INSTANT 80, BUT BECAUSE THE CHARACTER I USED TO PLAY IS GONE). I got a little salty myself because the attitude towards me was kinda aggressive, but hey, idgaf. I had my question answered, further questioning me wouldn't lead to anything helpful, neither for me nor for you.

8. The attitude was because you brought up compensation, for something that happened like 7 years ago.

Ragnaros is part of what became Icecrown in 2016, and you were gone before that, so asking compensation for "what you built" with characters that received instant level 80's and free gear, in at most a couple months before you abandoned them for years... can understandably get that bit of attitude from people.

9. If you see my original post, I've leveled a character and it was lost apparently (spending time playing/grinding with a character is building something in my opinion), although I remember *also* buying an instant 80, but obviously, I AM WRONG if this is the date that the instant 80 was given. I stopped playing long ago, so I was curious if I could get anything in return (NOT BECAUSE I GOT FREE INSTANT 80, BUT BECAUSE THE CHARACTER I USED TO PLAY IS GONE). I got a little salty myself because the attitude towards me was kinda aggressive, but hey, idgaf. I had my question answered, further questioning me wouldn't lead to anything helpful, neither for me nor for you.
    You speak as if you were the only one who lost something. We all lost our progress, the characters that we built. Many players had several highly geared characters they played for years. Warmane offered compensation for a generous amount of time, many took it, some didn't, some went to other games for years. Those who didn't take what Warmane offered for years were later denied the compensations as it was high time to stop offering them. It's clear that those who cared enough about rebuilding, took the offers. If you cared at all you probably should've taken the offer.

Yeah, it's clear "ydgaf", but now look who's here all of a sudden giving a ****.

Also, how's that still "Ragnaros" realm? Icecrown started February 1st 2015.

10. Icecrown started February 1st 2015.
    That would be quite peculiar, when it was announced to open May 2016...
    We are excited to announce the long-awaited merge of Deathwing and Ragnaros into one a new realm named Icecrown. The merge is set to take place on May 20, 2016 when both aforementioned realms will be taken offline to initiate the merge maintenance.

11. That would be quite peculiar, when it was announced to open May 2016...
    FML.

It was ingrained to my brain that it was Ragnaros -> Icecrown when the realm restarted after moltdown. Guess I just forgot the merge happened later on with the realm rename.

Brains sure are funny.

12. Of course, I'm gonna speak as if I'm the only one who's lost something. Because in my perspective I am.
    I have to figure things out by being salty at me. How the **** should I know that

`Warmane offered for years were later denied the compensations as it was high time to stop offering them`

because this isn't the same as

`Not anymore, you're many years late for anything to be done.`

when I don't know the context.

I played last around 10 years ago. I never received an Email - "Yo, the database was lost, you can do something about it though.", which I figured from google-ing btw. From my point of view something I thought happend with Ragnaros realm specifically and for the third I was wondering If anything can be done.

It's obvious that you all are sick and tired of people wanting free ****, but stop treating everyone like this is why they are here. I was just surprised that the answer was just this vague, yet firm, and just "deal with it".

All of this could've been skipped, if I had been answered fully, or linked to some info that I could read on the case.

Turns out this was a second alt-account I made. And I actually started playing in Molten-wow in 2012 and I know this because I went through my old hard-drive screenshots and videos.

And I'm not gonna comment on the "caring" part, because it's just absurd. Life happens sometimes.

13. Could something be done in my case?
    Not anymore, you're many years late for anything to be done.
    "Treating like this"? "All could be skipped if I was answered fully"?

What the **** do you call receiving a "not anymore, you are too late" in answer to "can something be done"? If that's "getting attitude" in your book I feel sorry for people who need to interact with you on a daily basis.

14. You were actually nice. I was not refering to you "getting attitude".

On the answer part, the important part was i wasn't given context and i got jumped on for asking for compensation

15. You made a simple question and received a direct answer. So much so that you didn't ask for context and understood the message without doubt. You didn't even actually ask for compensation, just had resigned acceptance of the fact there was none. The context that at one point when Warmane was born there were certain compensations for those who were affected by the database loss had no relevance to your question, which was if something could be done right now, and I doubt knowing that happened changed anything on how you feel about your missing characters.

12 Last