1. Question about ninja looting

I recently submitted a ticket about a ninja looting event (at least it seemed it was to me and others in the group) that occurred in UBRS. I submitted a report along with a vod of the entire run as evidence. My question is, is it considered ninja looting for a warrior in the dungeon as DPS to need roll on a shield over the warrior tank? The warrior in question says that since his spec is fury prot it doesnt matter if he is dps in the dungeon or not he can need roll on dps or tank gear. (for more context there was a druid tank as second tank in the run and the dps warrior was not tanking in any capacity outside of getting aggro occasionally)

I was told by warmane in game, they were looking into the issue 3 days ago.

The main reason i am asking is because I tank as fury prot and if this is not ninja looting i see no reason not to do the same and go into instances as dps but stay fury proc spec.

**edit** i get that its just UBRS loot and isnt that big of a deal, but if this is the rule it could be done in pug raids as well and even if master looted if the person is allowed to roll and the loot master refuses to give the loot then they could be held accountable for ninja looting under that rule.

If this is just a one-off and the player got lucky and wasnt banned (or atleast the loot taken away) then disregard, but I am just looking for clarity on the rule.
    Edited: November 30, 2023

2. No, as a warrior performing dps role he should not roll on tank gear unless tank specifically says he does not need it then and only then he can have it.
    However as a warrior performing tank role you are free to roll on dps warrior gear also, at least dps warrior pre-bis pieces. If someone disagrees you rolling on dps pre-bis as a tank they are wrong. Most tanks are tanking dungeons to gear up for raiding as dps, because no one needs 8 tanks in 40 man raid.

3. No, as a warrior performing dps role he should not roll on tank gear unless tank specifically says he does not need it then and only then he can have it.
    However as a warrior performing tank role you are free to roll on dps warrior gear also, at least dps warrior pre-bis pieces. If someone disagrees you rolling on dps pre-bis as a tank they are wrong. Most tanks are tanking dungeons to gear up for raiding as dps, because no one needs 8 tanks in 40 man raid.
    This is wrong all around.

The Tank saying he doesn't need it doesn't mean someone can roll Need. The whole group has to be fine with it.

A Warrior in the Tank role is as free to roll on DD gear as the rest of the group is to make a report and get the Warrior banned for using Need for something not in the role he was playing in the dungeon.

To answer the original question: yes, under the current rules that is "ninja." If he wants to roll for Tank gear he has to queue as Tank.

4. while i appreciate the opinion i am looking more for an official rule cite, or someone who has already been through this experience.

5. There is official rule already, called Ninja loot policy. Available on site 24/7.

6. while i appreciate the opinion i am looking more for an official rule cite, or someone who has already been through this experience.
    https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

7. [QUOTE=Obnoxious;3205496]This is wrong all around.

The Tank saying he doesn't need it doesn't mean someone can roll Need. The whole group has to be fine with it.

A Warrior in the Tank role is as free to roll on DD gear as the rest of the group is to make a report and get the Warrior banned for using Need for something not in the role he was playing in the dungeon.

"The Tank saying he doesn't need it doesn't mean someone can roll Need. The whole group has to be fine with it."
    Not someone, but another warrior who is collecting gear for tanking. It's net positive for everyone if there is another dungeon tank in the making.

"A Warrior in the Tank role is as free to roll on DD gear as the rest of the group is to make a report and get the Warrior banned for using Need for something not in the role he was playing in the dungeon."
    So you think all the tanks that are tanking 50-60 dungeons are there to prepare for tanking raids? Raid groups don't need that amount of tanks. I'm not saying tanking warriors should be allowed to roll need on leather pieces in leveling dungeons. But They absolutely should be able to roll need on pre-raid bis pieces such as true strike shoulders for example. Your mindset on this and "loot rules" seems to be one of the reasons why there is lack of tanks/healers and it takes unreasonable amount of time for dps players to get dungeon groups going. Why would I do dungeon as dps and wait for tank to be found for an hour if my class is capable of tanking? Why would I collect tanking gear only when I perform tank role in dungeons and then be excluded from raiding scene because there is already too much tanks?

8. Ninja looting should be a 14days up to a month ban. I've seen people who straight up said they will take the 2 days and hop on their other account meanwhile. **** like that need to be punished so hard people will think twice before doing it.

9. @Warsmash
    If warrior wants to get one specific item - he is free to create his own group outside of RDF system, walk into instance and Masterloot one specific item to himself. But such thing requires brain, social skills and some effort, over just pressing "Find Group" button.
    Players are making problems for themselve and refuse to solve them with already existing tools

10. Rules are simple. If you queued as tank, you can't need roll on dps and vice versa. Your spec, your talents are completely irrelevant. You simply cannot need roll on two separate roles (like DPS and tank) and have best of both worlds. Ofc if main person doesn't need it, you can do whatever you want, but wait for them to roll first, if they did not need it, only then you should go for it saying it's offspec

11. ubrs doesnt require a random queue so this is all irrelevant. Its a formed group not a dungeon finder so noone “queues” as anything

12. ubrs doesnt require a random queue so this is all irrelevant. Its a formed group not a dungeon finder so noone “queues” as anything
    Queueing is used more generally here, it doesn't have to rfd. Any premade group, you join as a specific role, and unless it's discussed before, you roll what your main role is. it's exact same rules as rfd