1. What's with the hate towards multiboxers?

I've retired from retail since cata. Played the first year on classic wow. And dabbled on a few private servers over the years.

Suddenly got an itch to play again but couldn't decide a class. So since accounts are free I've made 5 different classes and have learned how to multibox with basic macros to get the whole thing going.

But I've had one level 60 randomly message me to Kys. Then Block me without Beeing able to reply. (K**l your self?) While I made my way through IF.

Had others emoting at me like I'm doing something funny. And I generally get the impression it's. Not liked. But I'm just levelling and questing 5 toons together. Which seems to be well within the rules. So what's with the hate?

2. People are mad because they play 1 char and they cannot defeat a guy who is multiboxing so they QQ.

You will see people say "Ohh you noob this is not real VaniLLa exPeriEnCe because in real vanilla 2004 we're no multiboxers"...

People are dumb, back in 2004 people had crap computers that were unable to run 10x windows of WoW game...

When people don't like something then they will cry about it, but if they are doing it, then it would be fine.

3. The real issue with multiboxers is from the people who abuse it to make everyone else's experience worst for no reason, If you've been multiboxing yourself you likely haven't noticed it being an issue but there is an issue with a large portion of multiboxers just jumping on and killing both everyone and everything they see, walking around solo or with another party member and getting ganked by some jackass with 5 characters isn't fun and it just feels cheap. When another player jumps you a victory is possible, when a multiboxer jumps you giving up is about the best option you have. especially when it ends up with them camping an area and just killing people for the hell of it. past that a multiboxer can clear an entire area of its mobs if they decide to farm an area you're not gonna be able to compete very well especially if they have mob tagging macros set up.

In short the hate comes from multiboxing being a slap in the face to people playing the game solo or in small groups if the multiboxer decides to abuse it. I personally don't care much about it but if a multiboxer is using their ability to grief other players and constantly kill them or shut down a quest zone they deserve the hate they get.

4. According to me, multiboxing should be punished with a permanent ban. Strange standards prevail here, including bans for theft in dungeons (lol , really?) or racism (unserious). Multiboxing involves using additional software and ruins the enjoyment of the game for others. And don't pretend you're using macros. Macros on 5 different accounts simultaneously? Sure, lol.

5. Hanging out in orgrimmar, 3x5 druids show up, flatten the entire area.

Some people to this day don't see the problem with it...smh.

We all know why it's allowed...we all know.

6. Hanging out in orgrimmar, 3x5 druids show up, flatten the entire area.

Some people to this day don't see the problem with it...smh.

We all know why it's allowed...we all know.
    Mboxing more than 5 accounts at once is against the rules, you can report someone for showing up w 15 druids.

And the problem isn't mboxing, the problem is mboxing in pvp.

7. Mboxing more than 5 accounts at once is against the rules, you can report someone for showing up w 15 druids.

And the problem isn't mboxing, the problem is mboxing in pvp.
    It was 3x5 , so 3 people were mbing 15 druids.

Mbing will inevitable translate to 2 things:

- gold inflation, as people do dailies with them and that translate to 5.5k gold / day (wotlk)
    - PVP, as apart from "soloing" dungeons there's no PVE content where MBers can effectively contribute...unless some guilds take them to 10 man or something, idk.

8. According to me, multiboxing should be punished with a permanent ban. Strange standards prevail here, including bans for theft in dungeons (lol , really?) or racism (unserious). Multiboxing involves using additional software and ruins the enjoyment of the game for others. And don't pretend you're using macros. Macros on 5 different accounts simultaneously? Sure, lol.
    You realise multib are allowed even on retail right? It's Notting them that isn't. And it seems same here. And this serves seems to have a more effective warden than retail wow.

Plenty of guides out there that show you how to do it with mouse over commands.

So your opinion of what I can and cannot do. Is simply that. An opinion and not fact.

9. According to me, multiboxing should be punished with a permanent ban. Strange standards prevail here, including bans for theft in dungeons (lol , really?) or racism (unserious). Multiboxing involves using additional software and ruins the enjoyment of the game for others. And don't pretend you're using macros. Macros on 5 different accounts simultaneously? Sure, lol.
    Multiboxing is allowed even in retail... It's botting or using programmes to do functions for you that's not. Same as here.

Mabey you don't know how to use multiple windows and setup macros to mouse over and activate certain commands. With practice it can be done. I'm not great at it but it gets me by.

Your opinion of what I use to control multiple accounts is just that. And opinion and not factual. I'm not breaking any rules. By questing in this way. And the server ban bot seems very efficient. I'm sure the haters have reported me by now but nothing has come of it.

10. Since I have no intention of pvp in multibox. And am only doing it this way to level them up together. And will try not to engage in any PvP on my travels. I should be fine. I'll only try to defend myself. But so far it's only 60s that have seems me around and killed all 5. Any other reds I see I don't interact with. And will even try help if I can. But yeah griefers I understand. And if one does it. All the multiboxers get a bad rep I guess.

11. Multiboxing has been forbidden on retail since early SL. Actually,usage of any third party programs , which multiboxers are using.

Now,there are multiboxers on retail,swearing they are manually pressing buttons on X different accounts , yet they gather herb/ore instantly on all of their chars. Blizzard does nothing. Standard lizzard's MO

Blizzard did ban people in early SL for multiboxing,but few months into expansion they didn't even bother anymore.

Every map had multiple guys multiboxing, especially when they introduced flying.
    Edited: December 4, 2023

12. People who have zero skills and are envious/jealous or people who can't afford to do so.

i usually add them to ignore as i hate weak people .

13. People who have zero skills and are envious/jealous or people who can't afford to do so.

i usually add them to ignore as i hate weak people .
    Ok Eugene.

14. If you multibox, as either faction, I absolutely think less of you as both a WoW player and a person. I will probably /spit on the ground in-game if I encounter you.

If you can't wrap your head around why it bothers many (most) players, I doubt there's any value to be had in attempting an intellectual conversation about it.

15. Mbing will inevitable translate to 2 things:

- gold inflation, as people do dailies with them and that translate to 5.5k gold / day (wotlk)
    - PVP, as apart from "soloing" dungeons there's no PVE content where MBers can effectively contribute
    so what you're saying, multiboxer can either play pve or pvp - opposed to all the other things solo players can do

if blizz/warmane whoever doesnt bother with banning bots then the handfull multiboxers are not the issue for the economy
    Edited: December 4, 2023

12 Last