1. Really open to new ideas i see
    Not open at all if the idea means messing with how things work on another server just because of Blackrock, personally.

Maybe you can't chance your stance in this thread or you lose face or something unacceptable like that, but at least privately, maybe think about this a little more.
    Lose face? I've openly said since 2015 that Blackrock should be closed so we have no custom servers.

I suggest to you that Warmane is in competition with Blizzard, and any parity in QoL is only going to help. Sure, Warmane has survived and even thrived in the face of Classic release - but people still have that choice, and the more you stack in the 'pro' column instead of the con, the better.
    The "pro" we are after and deliver is recreating the mechanics as they used to be in the original game. That's what people who go play on Lordaeron or Icecrown came here for, and suggesting that after all these years how Arenas work should be changed on those servers only because Blackrock has too few players to make teams is absurd.

2. Not open at all if the idea means messing with how things work on another server just because of Blackrock, personally.

Lose face? I've openly said since 2015 that Blackrock should be closed so we have no custom servers.

The "pro" we are after and deliver is recreating the mechanics as they used to be in the original game. That's what people who go play on Lordaeron or Icecrown came here for, and suggesting that after all these years how Arenas work should be changed on those servers only because Blackrock has too few players to make teams is absurd.
    I see, so you're an anti-AT/Blackrock partisan who can't stand anything "custom." I hope these views of yours aren't taken very seriously among the actual decisionmakers - the ones who bought a valuable asset in AT and have so far stewarded it reasonably well. That your bidding has not been done to trash it is a good sign at least.

Also, since it seems you didn't quite understand:

No, the problem isn't just for Blackrock. It's for all arena players. Which is why Blizzard made that change to begin with, operating servers far more similar to Icecrown than Blackrock. Having a larger pool of potential partners doesn't change that a whit, if anything it just means more people you can't conveniently play with because teamlocked. That OP over-confined the issue when naming it, as a Blackrock player thinking about Blackrock, doesn't change this.

Secondly, I doubt very much that you have a good handle on what people actually come to Warmane for.

You personally might have a particularizing attachment to the "original game." More realistically, other people now come to Warmane mainly for access to all endgame content, stability in the face of WoW classic's progression (WOWC Cata when?), and retaining the use of characters they've already spent time or $ on, with an existing pool of other players they're accustomed to playing with. Why level and grind all over again and pay monthlies to Blizzard for a lower quality experience?

Maybe a few really are turbo OCD and can only play on the "original" game exactly as it was (which is a fantasy using emulated servers, clearly). But aside from this very... niche type, it's just quality of life and what people already have.

In real terms, nobody has any reason to cry over improvements to quality of life. How weird is it to be upset over a QoL improvement - one that doesn't affect actual, in-arena gameplay, isn't...canonical? "I'm so upset they made it so I get to play arena whenever I want with whomever I want and not get penalized!" ...What? Who is actually going to say that? What a terrible affront. What's next, an extra kobold in Elwynn Forest??? Don't you know how hard you're supposed to work for candles????

Depending on the technical side, it might even be doable in a have your cake and eat it too way: let people form teams and build team rating just as before, but not be limited in the number of current teams, or at least, less limited - not just one per bracket.

I realize that attempting to reason with people like this pointless, but those are the actual facts of the matter, and I hope this thread reaches less closed-off people whose views matter more.

3. I see, so you're an anti-AT/Blackrock partisan who can't stand anything "custom." I hope these views of yours aren't taken very seriously among the actual decisionmakers - the ones who bought a valuable asset in AT and have so far stewarded it reasonably well. That your bidding has not been done to trash it is a good sign at least.
    Absorbing the AT Staff when that server was going to close was a great move. We gathered a hard-working and competent team, that's constantly working on fixes and adjustments, as well as systems and improvements to the server core. Blackrock is a relic used to reduce queue times on Icecrown, much to Icecrown's players disgust and outrage.

Also, since it seems you didn't quite understand:
    Ah the good ol' "if you disagree with me u JuSt Don'T uNdErStAnD," off to a great start.

No, the problem isn't just for Blackrock. It's for all arena players.
    My apologies, I never realized I was speaking with the "representative of all arena players."

As for the rest, there's nothing worth addressing. Your opinions don't change the fact we offer a certain thing in our servers, and players come here expecting that. Your absurd selfishness and egocentrism in believing you "know what's best" and that game mechanics should be changed because you don't like them don't change any of it. It just tells me perhaps you shouldn't be here for PvP if the PvP style of the patch version we host isn't to your liking.

4. Enough people probably got bored of Smourne HC gear meta and left.

The last Warmane tournament I saw on this meta, the matches was 1-3 minutes long and consisted of forcing palas bubble, and then killing him on the next switch. Casters speaking for 20 mins between 3 min matches LOL. Damage is stupid.

On PVE servers the gearing process to just play arena is like 98% PVE and 2% arena, where it's not even worth playing arena some weeks, too, it's why PVP was DoA for a lot of people even on WoW classic.

Even joining BGs isn't fun due to the gear gap. You have people in quest gear vs Smourne premades.

If you don't have a balanced version of the game, and people cba spending 15 hours in ICC or buying gear, the PVP pop will inevitably die or be reduced to the player skill level it is now. Just new people joining, getting bored and leaving.

There isn't really anywhere offering a WoTLK arena experience that's worth going out of your way for. And that experience is ALWAYS better in a custom setting, so you don't spend hours doing irrelevant content.

Preferrably with no gear progression at all. Just play balanced matches at gear cap vs full geared players while you're full gear. Not losing because 'x' player randomly had a trinket drop this week.
    Edited: December 24, 2023

5. It's normal for people to come and go. WotLK Classic is doomed to fail because Blizzard inevitably shot itself in the foot by tinkering with it, pissing off the nostalgia seekers while not being able to hold the interests of ADHD Gen Zs. Too lazy to grind and too poor to pay? This game is probably not for you.

6. wotlk classic will be over in a couple weeks, and I don't know the numbers but I haven't heard that it failed.

7. Words of the wise once said to me: Never apply a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

8. It's normal for people to come and go. WotLK Classic is doomed to fail because Blizzard inevitably shot itself in the foot by tinkering with it, pissing off the nostalgia seekers while not being able to hold the interests of ADHD Gen Zs. Too lazy to grind and too poor to pay? This game is probably not for you.
    Nah, we had that on AT for a decent price for all characters.

Not wanting to farm irrelevant content for hours on end is a design problem. It always was with WoTLK.

I have 7 friends from AT who stopped playing classic wow because of having to gear from PVE.

Imagine if I could just play arena and just arena.

Also the idea of that being lazy, when I would have so many hours in arena, which is harder content than anything in PVE is a joke. You can also do it for the entire week, instead of raid logging once a week, for that really intense grind.

When 'farming' BG's is just getting one tick of penance and watching a quest geared player die in 1 second, I think I'd rather just have full gear and do arena tbh. lol

Even the 'farming' aspect of raids is dumb. You get to play content relevant to your gear once a week for a few hours. There's nothing outside of it that's even a challenge once you get just a few items when a new raid comes out.
    Edited: December 26, 2023

9. Yeah, you are playing the wrong game.

10. Nope.

AT had what I enjoyed, and so could Blackrock.

11. AT had what I enjoyed, and so could Blackrock.
    AT doesn't exist anymore and Blackrock isn't AT.

I already said it, but guess it bears repeating: Blackrock is linked to our proper servers now, so unless that is changed - which would reduce its population to the small amounts it had before that - I wouldn't expect any changes that would impact those servers when a Blackrock character is sent to play with them; their players are already pissed off Blackrock is linked at all.

12. AT doesn't exist anymore and Blackrock isn't AT.

I already said it, but guess it bears repeating: Blackrock is linked to our proper servers now, so unless that is changed - which would reduce its population to the small amounts it had before that - I wouldn't expect any changes that would impact those servers when a Blackrock character is sent to play with them; their players are already pissed off Blackrock is linked at all.
    I didn't say it did and I didn't say it was.

This thread is about how to increase player count, and moving towards a better version of balance, which AT had, is my suggestion.

If the official stance on it is that nothing will be done because random people get mad when they see 'Blackrock', I'm not sure there's a point in any feedback.

13. If the official stance on it is that nothing will be done because random people get mad when they see 'Blackrock', I'm not sure there's a point in any feedback.
    If all your feedback would impact the other servers that get matched with Blackrock, there probably isn't.

First 12