1. Plate or leather? Agility or strenght?

Hi. I wanted to ask why there is practically one skin on agility in the BIS-list for the paladin of retribution in non-set slots? I played on other projects, and often the paladin was always assembled through strength and not through agility. Here, for some reason, everyone prefers leather. I wanted to know how the skin is better than the plate? I assembled the paladin on the test server according to the warman BIS list, and it turned out to be around 2100 unbuff strength, this is 500 less strength, but 7% more crit than in the force build. Does a 7% chance crit give you more advantage than 500 strength?

2. you need to convert str to ap, because agi items give you ap to. but at the end, difference is not that big, just depends on your rng luck for ds resets and crit %.
    Best way for that, is to use sims and to test it, but thats for perfect rotations. we are humans and we are making mistakes so who knows, best way is, to build what ever you want :)

3. In any case, if you take items with strength, the attack power will be greater. That's why I'm wondering why everything is going through skin and dexterity, if plate and strength give more parameters. But at the same time, strangely, the DPS is about the same.

4. It is because total stats on some agility items will provide greater damage boost than their plate counterparts. This also depends on the rest of your equipped items, you can not pick agility items over strength as a rule.

5. The mandatory slots for taking agility items would be bracers, cloak, both ring slots.

6. Every item has a fixed stat budget depending on the item level. Plate gear has more of that budget "wasted" on Stamina (Wasted as in stamina generally does not provide anything to your dps unless it helps you survive a hit that would have otherwise killed you, which is generally ignored as a dps). Agility gear has a higher portion of the budget allocated to dps stats. The sum of those stats, although inferior individually to strength, outweighs the sum of the dps stats on strength gear for paladin on some pieces of gear.

If I remember correctly, depending on the encounter, some sims put mail gear above both leather and plate gear - mostly looking at 277 Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves LK25HC due to the longer duration of the fight where the mana from the intellect provided from mail gear starts to matter more. Don't quote me on the last sentence though because it has been a while since I checked out any sims.