1. [SUGGESTION] Changes to AV that will fix how the map is played.

Hey,

I'm about to hit r10 on my lock and noticing a lot of valid complaints about AV. Here are some solutions on how to fix AV and get people to actually play the map. Right now, the meta is a boring *** weeks long grind of the same bridge fight and even promotes afk'ing as a means to exploit it.

Changes:

1. Killing Lieutenants awards HK's (45-65)
    2. Burning Towers/Bunkers awards HK's (75-95)
    3. Killing Galv/Balinda awards HK's (115-125)
    4. Kill Drek/Vann awards HK's (115-125)
    5. Burning all of the enemies objectives awards BONUS HK's at the end of the match. (this will incentivize players to win key areas and reward them)

These numbers are all place holders and can easily be increased or decreased as the devs see fit. However, this would be a great way to solve the current problem with bridge fights.

Thoughts?

2. Note: a side benefit to these changes would also be players actually gaining reputation for the rewards.

3. av is boring as hell as it is but that's because of the ranking system. the ranking system should adapt to the bgs, not the other way around.
    what you propose would lead to getting to r14 even faster which i really don't want to see. and in case you lower the numbers so that the r14 grind is not sped up, people will just go back to the same old bridge fight.

4. Yes, but if the numbers are adjusted you would rank roughly the same. The total equals out to a 1-2 hour long bridge farm session or less. That's also assuming you burn everything of the enemies. I don't see them making any changes to the pvp system but perhaps we can salvage the bg so it's enjoyable to play.

5. if you add ways to gain hks without changing the current way of gaining hks (which would be kinda nonsensical, a kill is a kill and shouldn't be a fraction of a kill), you basically have to make the new hk sources neglectable to not speed up the ranking process. in turn, people would ignore them and farm the bridge as they did before. if objectives like balinda give non-neglectable hks, she would just be taken down on the way to the bridge as an easy and fast hk boost. i appreciate you thinking about how bgs can be made more enjoyable but i think it is just not possible with the current ranking system without speeding up the process.

i could imagine your idea (with lower numbers) to work combined with something like "a player awards only X hks in Y minutes". but without nerfing the bridge farm, every change will either be ignored or speed up hk gain.

6. if you add ways to gain hks without changing the current way of gaining hks (which would be kinda nonsensical, a kill is a kill and shouldn't be a fraction of a kill), you basically have to make the new hk sources neglectable to not speed up the ranking process. in turn, people would ignore them and farm the bridge as they did before. if objectives like balinda give non-neglectable hks, she would just be taken down on the way to the bridge as an easy and fast hk boost. i appreciate you thinking about how bgs can be made more enjoyable but i think it is just not possible with the current ranking system without speeding up the process.

i could imagine your idea (with lower numbers) to work combined with something like "a player awards only X hks in Y minutes". but without nerfing the bridge farm, every change will either be ignored or speed up hk gain.
    Maybe adding diminishing returns on player kills "in x number of minutes" would fix the bridge problem then. And again, we will all be gaining rep as intended also if my proposed system is used. Anyhow, hopefully the devs see this and consider it...because right now AV is a mess.

7. that would be great but tbh, i am not under the impression they even acknowledge there is a problem, let alone trying to solve it. so far the numerous threads about the ranking system, bgs and r14 gear have been completely ignored. i got not much hope left that i'll be able to pvp before tbc (except world pvp, that's great apart from multiboxers).

8. the easiest fix to making this AV fun is removing improved blizzard

9. With the old honor system, everyone would just run past each other every game and rush bosses without any pvp taking place. Just the same game over and over every 10 minutes. In this new system, people just farm each other all day and it's hardly pvp, but at least we get some decent pvp when people are running around below the bridge or around the field of strife or inside bases. I don't care that much either way, I've been conditioned by years of WoW to just grind any system they decide to use.

10. With the old honor system, everyone would just run past each other every game and rush bosses without any pvp taking place. Just the same game over and over every 10 minutes. In this new system, people just farm each other all day and it's hardly pvp, but at least we get some decent pvp when people are running around below the bridge or around the field of strife or inside bases. I don't care that much either way, I've been conditioned by years of WoW to just grind any system they decide to use.
    This is a total bull**** comment that is absolutely not true. In vanilla games of AV often last for hours because of turtling, and absolutely are not "just ten minutes pf people running past each other every time." That is TBC and Wrath, not Vanilla.

In any case, who ****ing cares, because WSG and AB are also BGs that you're meant to play to win, not just mindlessly farm graveyards. Mindlessly farming graveyards is not PVP. Playing BGs to win is PVP. If you can't enjoy actually playing the game as a game, instead of just as a "grind," you are done playing wow and need to never play again.

What are people going to do on Onyxia once they "grind" their rank and get their gear? Quit the ****ing game and never play again, because there are no actual BGs where you can play a game instead of just mindlessly grinding?

THE GAME IS THE POINT. NOT THE GEAR. If they don't fix this ****ing server so that PLAYING THE GAME is ACTUALLY A GAME instead of a ****ing mindless grind-fest, there is absolutely no future for PVP here, and everyone who gets their gear will just quit the game. It's a ****ing joke.

11. You must not have played classic in 2019. This isnt 2006 vanilla where the game was played by 14 year olds. This game has been out for almost two decades and has been theorycrafted in and out. The vast majority of people are in AV to RANK and RANK as fast as possible.

Absolutely the suggestion on this thread would only lead to essentially 0 PVP taking place and everyone just rushing to complete the bg.

WHATEVER THE META IS FOR HK/HOUR, people will do that. Dont forget it

12. if both teams do exactly that, it will definately be a rush who kills van/drek first. but if only a few people in one of the teams decide to defend, it will not be that easy to just rush. i did this on the last 2 tbc private servers i played on and it worked pretty consistently to wipe them/reset the fight at least a few times with only 5 people. it is the mindset of players who just wanna rush everything that makes av boring, not the bg itself. if enough players decide not to rush, the other team will also not be able to.

13. You must not have played classic in 2019. This isnt 2006 vanilla where the game was played by 14 year olds. This game has been out for almost two decades and has been theorycrafted in and out. The vast majority of people are in AV to RANK and RANK as fast as possible.

Absolutely the suggestion on this thread would only lead to essentially 0 PVP taking place and everyone just rushing to complete the bg.

WHATEVER THE META IS FOR HK/HOUR, people will do that. Dont forget it
    Completely disagree.

There is no incentive to rush because these suggestions show Vann/Drek are not worth more than Galv/Balinda. They are barely more than burning Towers/Bunkers and there is a bonus incentive for completing all objectives. Furthermore, there is clearly an incentive to defend and slow the map down because of the completion bonuses. Bonuses mind you that will steer you into pvp scenarios not avoid them.