1. Healer demand on Icecrown

Heyas!

I'm coming back and playing pally, the only class I've ever really seriously played in WoW, and I was thinking about rolling holy rather than prot as I enjoy it much more.

*However*

Is there demand on Icecrown for heals, or is there such a massive tank drought that queuing up as a healer still has insane wait times?

I'll tank, and I'll do a serviceable job of it, but I don't prefer it. However, I'd rather tank than queue-watch XD

2. i get relatively quick pop-ups as a healer. I'd say there's decent demand. Not as high as tanks but you'll still join 10x quicker than as dps

3. Demand for healers is high, being a holy pally will grant you a spot in any pug raid and most likely a guild spot too.

4. As HPala you will gear fast to 5.4-5.5, BiS or close to BiS trinkets are pretty much free (point shop) and EoT and 264 BoEs are cheap.
    Getting in 10 mans will be very easy.
    However, getting into 10 mans that actually go all the way will be significantly harder w/o a guild.
    Getting in 25 mans will be very competitive unless it is close to reset as all the hpalas at 5.5+ bottleneck at 25 man (only 1 slot in entire raid, they will take the best one)

The most in demand guaranteed raid spot even if your gear and skill is crap is and always will be RSham. 10 or 25 it does not matter.

5. Tank queues are instant at any hour. With healer i still have to wait in queue around 10 min and with dps it takes around 30 min to 1h