1. PVP prospective view

Hi all,
    I joined this server and i was super excited to play.
    I'm mainly a pvp player and I would like to understand what is the pvp view of this server.
    At the moment we are all farming hks in AV like bots and at the end of day I'm trying to find the reason why I'm spending so much time on that.
    The gear is really awesome but what are you going to do with that gear?
    No arenas, no rated bgs or something where we can USE that gear.
    I really hope that is not your plan for pvp until TBC because 99% of the pvp players will leave.
    Please someone can give me a reason why i should play this server and keep on farming hks? (I assume that is not fun at all the actual gameplay)

Thanks

2. Get dressed and stop playing out of boredom

3. farming out the HWL title so you can feel superior when tbc hits.

actual pvp in the vanilla phase of this server is not gonna happen (apart from wpvp). warmane plays hide and seek with the pvp community.

i joined here for pvp but considering the pvp system, i am just leveling toons and professions for tbc and then probably quit until tbc hits.

4. Honestly, I don't think TBC will be better. This is the Vanilla we have with a Beta server...can't even imagine what TBC will be like without one.

I am also barely logging in. Pretty much lurking here to see if things have changed, but I don't believe it will happen at this point. This is it...

5. Would you rather this be real vanilla without the release of BG's? or im not sure were you getting at, It suppose to be like vanilla, which not sure you know, didn't have rated bgs/arenas lol.

6. yes, i contemplated pvp in onyxia tbc being just as bad as in vanilla but concluded to stay naively faithful for now for 2 reasons:

- i never played on any warmane server and want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are aware they ****ed up pvp pretty hard but are too proud and/or stubborn to admit it. they slept too long and at this point they have no way of changing the pvp system without pissing off a lot of players but tbc is a reset and they have the chance to do it right this time. if not, warmane will never see me again.

- the original vanilla pvp system was terrible so just copying it was not a good option (still better than what we got now though) while the original tbc system was pretty decent, so i am happy with a carbon copy of that in case they can't or aren't willing to come up with a better one.

also, there is not really an alternative atm especially if you are looking for a realm that progresses through more than one expansion.

i am still pretty impressed that such an experienced team as warmane comes up with such a crap and responds to the critizism by total silence and even closing threads about it. not a good sign at all.

7. i think the idea was changing the original system to something that r14 is achievable by casuals in just the matter of time. the hk system is boring sure, but thats one way to do it, they can make it honor based system or adding resources system to av so everyone playing the objectives like burning towers/bunkers, and then killing the bosses and winning/losing to just que for another one and repeat, pretty much the same but less boring. av on wotlk realms are just like that, hk farm is still happening cz its one way to win the bg anyway.
    i mean, if i were there testing pvp on beta, i couldve made some contribution or talk **** to warmane when it came like **** cz they didnt listen to my feedback, but the fact is i didnt even play on beta to test anything. so i dont mind if they change the pvp or stay with the current system, its just a phase anyway.

8. i absolutely support the idea of making pvp ranks more accessable but just removing almost the entire system without replacing it by anything else is not a good way of going about it. it would not be too hard to base ranks on a function of hk & honor such that you get diminishing returns if you only farm one of them. the fact we don't have marks of honor further reduces the incentives to do objectives and win the game. if honor would matter and we had marks, a quest where you turn in marks of all 3 bgs for honor would incentivize playing different bgs and winning them. or mark requirements for gear - those are no new ideas and easy to copy. what we got looks like nobody bothered to even think about a decent system because the flaws are obvious.
    sadly this phase is a whole expansion, lasting for at least 8 more months. those who came here for pvp won't stick around for that long. couldn't care less about dungeons and raids so there is basically no content right now. and even for pve players it must be weird that people are already running around in gear that's on par with bwl and naxx gear.

9. what is happening now is either one faction gy camping the other or they are effectively win trading. the stronger team never wants to end the game

10. Would you rather this be real vanilla without the release of BG's? or im not sure were you getting at, It suppose to be like vanilla, which not sure you know, didn't have rated bgs/arenas lol.
    it was never meant to be an exact copy of vanilla. there was also no dungeon finder or ig store in vanilla - both have a huge impact. the things that were or were not in vanilla don't justify the system we have now. the server advertised a "high-quality realm that will satisfy all kinds of players" and that's what we are asking for becasue right now, pvp players are not satisfied as everyone reading the numerous forum posts can tell.

11. unfortunately the meta is to just AFK and spend as much time there as you can. I dont understand why they ever went with this system, it was obviously gonna be a disaster. Anyway it is what it is, its not going to change best just accept it.

12. I fully support the author
    But the project administration does not respond to such topics, they are not interested in changing anything

13. I'm all up for making ranks much more accessible, but they absolutely HAVE to do something about current situation. Since today we're just exchanging HK's, without even trying to hide it. Alliance group -- go in, get killed, res! Horde group -- go in, get killed, res! Repeat for hours! This is bull****, I've no idea how are they allowing it. They should add resources and timers to make it end eventually, something closer to how it is in wotlk. I want to PLAY bg's not just farm them. It'll do everyone good.

14. It's evolved into full blown win trading. Is this really going to be allowed?

15. Just answer the question: will you change anything in the pvp system or not?

ADMINS!!!

12 Last