1. New to Warmane

Hello everyone.

I have created my account here a while ago but i never gave Warmane a fair shot, recently i stopped my subscription to World of Warcraft and uninstalled anything related to Blizzard from my PC.

I noticed that Warmane recently opened a progressive server called Onyxia and that it is a PvP realm, how's the faction balance. is a good server to start at or should i go to Lordaeron? What attracts me about Onyxia is that it's fresh and the phases will open over time correct? Do we know how long each phase will last?

Is it true that players can buy gear or weapons with cash like Shadowmourne in the shop? Isn't that p2w especially for PvP?
    In terms of scripted content like quests and such do they work as intended or there are many bugs that have not been fixed for a long time?

---

I have started my journey in Warmane a couple of days ago after quitting Blizzard's WoW, i was playing WOTLK Classic, I'm sure this isn't new and that many of you are here or have been here for a long time and that at some point you stopped paying the sub to Blizzard and have been here since the original Wrath or even after that.
    I came here just because i think they aren't worth my time and money, they gave us the token, they introduced season of discovery which introduces new issues and the people playing Wrath or even vanilla see their servers crapping themselves, huge lag spikes, Vanilla or Classic Era for whatever reason was reverted to Phase 1 (fixed by now)...it just feels like they don't respect their players and even their own game but again I'm sure that many of you know that by now.

One thing i have read and even watched in some videos, i thought it was weird, that people say that some private servers are better than Blizzard at fixing or addressing bugs, dealing with bots, the pathing of pets and certain mobs seems to be done in a better way in private servers...if this is true it's quite impressive actually and maybe Blizzard could learn a lesson or two from this. I wonder about the scripting how is it in a server like Warmane? Those unique dialogues that one can see on NPC's or between some iconic characters like Thrall, Arthas and others are they working correctly here?
    How can a private server manage to do things better than Blizzard?...Sorry if this is an *****ic question but i wonder given that the IP belongs to Blizzard.

I was also wondering is there any Warmane discord?

Happy holiday season everyone! :)

2. Welcome Splat.
    Lordaeron is a hard-mode version of the Lich King, made for people who are looking for more challenge, while Onyxia tries to bring back the original feeling albeit with some quality of life changes brought in later expansions of the game. I believe each phase will ast about 8 months or so, but I might be wrong.

Indeed you can purchase things that give you an edge over other players, but they are only available when they are also available in-game. A handful of players already got or are very nearby of beating all the achievements, meaning that you will hardly be atuck in your progress. Sure bugs still pop here and there, but the devs constantly check the Bug Tracker to clean those out.

3. Hello @Palutena thank you for reaching out.

If i may ask you a few questions and take some more of your time.
    I noticed that this server Warmane has been around for a long time, i think it had a different name at some point.
    You mentioned that the devs keep up with the bugs and try to fix them, I was also wondering about the scripting quality in the server, how is it? I come from retail WoW, well i was playing Wrath Classic, there at times we can see NPC's having some unique dialogues, or even characters like Thrall, Arthas and many others showing up or after a quest having unique lines of dialogue...is the scripting any good here?

As a player I am more of a chilled person, i try to be, and in WoW i love both PvE and PvP content, i hope itÂș

4. As far as I know this game is fully original. I think the mechanics, npc's, dialogues are all the same, except for Warmane related events obviously. The only things that might be different (depending on the server you are in) is the xp rate, and damage output in dungeons and raids from bosses.

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, I am still fairly new here
    Edited: December 28, 2023 Reason: addition

5. I understand, many aren't used to read in this day and age.

6. What Xujipriest said.

I recommend that you keep playing and experience it yourself, Splat. Everything is there as the original was.