1. People do pay for this service. The plausible deniability of calling them donations is cute, and I'm indifferent to it, but the server doesn't run on fairy dust. In any case, I would feel the same if the service was completely free.
    not really, people just spend their money willingly without warmane telling em to, thats literal definition of donation.

Here you and I disagree. I'm sure that the leadership of warmane is involved in the community and is constantly aware of events taking place within it. One can look at them as the shepherds of their community, and IMO it's perfectly reasonable to expect guidance from them. If there will be consequences for something, a human touch is nice. Friendly reminders have value IMO. But that's just my philosophy.
    or we can just read rules atleast once and get enlightened of everything thats crossing the line.

2. [QUOTE=Morvion;3208859]not really, people just spend their money willingly without warmane telling em to, thats literal definition of donation.
    /QUOTE]

Purchasing a premium currency with real money and subsequently using it to acquire goods is not merely a donation to a project one wishes to support. When receiving something of value in exchange for the contribution, it is considered a purchase.

3. Purchasing a premium currency with real money and subsequently using it to acquire goods is not merely a donation to a project one wishes to support. When receiving something of value in exchange for the contribution, it is considered a purchase.
    u prefer paying donation without getting something back then?

4. Purchasing a premium currency with real money and subsequently using it to acquire goods is not merely a donation to a project one wishes to support. When receiving something of value in exchange for the contribution, it is considered a purchase.
    When I make a donation to the animal shelter they give me a candy bar and a thank you card. Here you get Coins in gratitude for your donation, which you can exchange for certain things, instead of getting chocolate and a card. Maybe you would see it as buying chocolate and a card, but I can tell you people in general won't and your view doesn't change the nature of it.

5. u prefer paying donation without getting something back then?
    "donation" does not accurately convey the nature of the transaction. When I contribute to a charity, I do not anticipate receiving anything in exchange.

applying your definition, i might aswell call the money i give to the grocery store whenever i buy food a donation.

6. I have to say I'm very disappointed with what I'm reading from the moderators on this and similar issues. They refuse to take any accountability for being out of touch with players, or implementing a system that incentivized EVERYONE who tried doing BGs to do this. The leadership at warmane remained silent and let everyone guess what was going to be accepted or not - a rule that is not enforced has no power.

Why would I take accountability for people thinking they can get away with an obvious rule? Why is it that WE must take accountability of those people's actions instead of THEM?

I'm sorry but the philosophy surrounding rules isn't always so simple. Particularly when real life people have to navigate a landscape which includes rules. Is anybody surprised that hundreds if not thousands of players engaged in win trading? If it was not enforced and there was a period if time where the issue went without being addressed, naturally you're going to see people exploiting the opportunities they have.

Maybe there's "philosophy" on the offender's end on determining whether they can get away with it or not. But if those people can't recognize there is risk of a ban involved, then that's not the staff's issue.

7. "donation" does not accurately convey the nature of the transaction. When I contribute to a charity, I do not anticipate receiving anything in exchange.

applying your definition, i might aswell call the money i give to the grocery store whenever i buy food a donation.
    except the grocery store keeper clearly stating he/she is selling their groceries, not accepting donation for their groceries.

8. The levels of mental gymnastics people employ trying to blame their inability to behave in good faith on warmane qualify them for god damn Olympics

9. The levels of mental gymnastics people employ trying to blame their inability to behave in good faith on warmane qualify them for god damn Olympics
    Couldn't have said it better!

10. Actually players was enjoying those hks trades, and customer is always right. So staff should announce those bans at least 3 days before starting to ban actually. This way with yours BUM-BAN you only making ppl angry and leaving the server. Loosing players for what?

11. Actually players was enjoying those hks trades, and customer is always right. So staff should announce those bans at least 3 days before starting to ban actually. This way with yours BUM-BAN you only making ppl angry and leaving the server. Loosing players for what?
    for good riddance ofc, how about u make your own server with your own rules and see what happen

12. except the grocery store keeper clearly stating he/she is selling their groceries, not accepting donation for their groceries.
    so you actually think it only depends on what they "state", not what they do? if the owner of the grocery store decides to now "accept donations" for their products, they would not sell goods anymore? don't ridicule yourself.

13. so you actually think it only depends on what they "state", not what they do? if the owner of the grocery store decides to now "accept donations" for their products, they would not sell goods anymore? don't ridicule yourself.
    thats why i asked if u prefer they dont give u anything in return as some kinda appreciation when donating.

14. Nothing change the fact that they should announce those bans first. Half server was doing this, not 10 or 20 ppl. It is not a shame to admit mistake and do it properly.

15. And if I new how to make a server, blizzard would be jealous looking at my business growing.

First 12345 ... Last