1. A suggestion to the staff team for the future

I noticed a bunch of my friends are getting banned because of "win trading" in AV.

Here's a suggestion for future reference. Be more pro-active and let people know your stance on issues. You guys never stepped in to let people know that this would be a sure ban so people rode the train to get their Rank 14 thinking this was accepted since it was never spoke bout.

The only kind of bans we saw is Racism/Ninja loot on chat and the rare case of "harassment".

At the beginning, the first guild who achieved MC clear abused some mechanics and never got their title removed.

There's some things were you guys will need to be more reactive as admins because these things are usually what make/break a population when players are playing in the unknown never knowing if something is accepted/not accepted and knowing how most of the population of this planet FOMO in 2023-2024, you can be sure if something in a grey area, everyone will abuse it hoping it's okay to do so when there's no rules set in stone bout whatever is at stake.

You guys are making a fortune with this server and previous servers. Nothing stop you guys from getting more GM/Staff who can take their time of the day to make posts/announcements and keep the server free of those "grey zone" while staying on top of such issues making sure nobody get the ban hammer from something that was never discussed and all of sudden BAM U BANNED.

One of my friend spent 17 days raw time playing AV because he enjoyed the server and like most people, did partake in the AV meta that was bridge fight or "win trading" as you guys call it because every instances of AV was this kind of meta. What should've he done? Not play AV knowing he love pvp and that's the sole reason he plays the game?

(To people who might think i got banned, i don't have any pvp stats as i'm a pver at heart but think it's quite a bad move to ban a huge chunk of people without letting them know this was against the rules as we begged the staff to take a stance on this for weeks as you can see on the forum)

Either way, Happy holidays & new year to all the players/staff and hopefully situations like this won't happen in the future and you guys will be more proactive taking stances on huge issues like this.

2. a whole lotta blah blah blah here, if you and your friends had read the tos you would know exactly why their behaviour got them banned.

3. People would know what's accepted and what's not accepted if they read the rules. Here's a relevant one:

NO BUG EXPLOITING

This may take many forms, but all of them are obvious. If you are profiting of any in-game advantage that shouldn't be happening normally, its a bug exploit and the fault for abusing it is yours and whoever is doing it with you. Don't blame the Server, GM's or Developers for it, as it will only get things worse for you. Some examples of bug exploiting:

• Selling boss loot to players from outside of the original raid: Do not invite players to the raid, after the boss has been downed, only to get loot in exchange of anything.
    • PvP in Sanctuary: People shouldn't be able to attack others in Sanctuaries, like Argent Grounds and the entrance of Forge of Souls/Pit of Saron instances. Forcing it through magic is not acceptable.
    • Avoiding the AFK kick mechanism in Battlegrounds: Do not join Battlegrounds if you aren't willing to help others to win. Using bots or anything else to keep you from being kicked by our anti-afk system is not allowed.
    • Exploiting skills: If certain skills/spells can be used in an unusual way to exploit and create an unfair advantage over other players, avoid doing so.
    • Exploiting a boss: Boss X hasn't be officially released but you find a way to fight it with whatever skill you have; Boss Y can't hit you and you can basically solo it due to some odd position;
    • Other smaller Exploits such as: - vehicle exploits. - leaving BG starter area before it starts. - Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling). - anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system. - The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).
    • Avoiding the debuff: Sitting at the dungeon's door waiting to be kicked because you don't want to do it, forcing people to kick you so you can avoid the debuff is now punishable. Rather wait 30 minutes than a day. Please consider. Most of these things can't be ban appealed, but you are welcome to try if you believe to be really innocent.

Source: https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

4. We all saw this but why did it take weeks to take a stance on the issue letting everyone do it when it take a few minutes to log in, make a website announcement and stop it all at once without having to ban thousands players.

It went on for weeks without a single admin stepping in but banning the few afkers who bypassed afk timer. They knew what was happening and never made an announcement.

5. The thread is from 2016 and I personally remember this rule existing prior to 2012.

6. We all saw this but why did it take weeks to take a stance on the issue letting everyone do it when it take a few minutes to log in, make a website announcement and stop it all at once without having to ban thousands players.

It went on for weeks without a single admin stepping in but banning the few afkers who bypassed afk timer. They knew what was happening and never made an announcement.
    So? What sort of mindset is this? If someone doesn't tell you that you can't steal from them it's free game? If an exploit that lets you get thousands of Coins with one click doesn't get an announcement saying it isn't fine you will do it? If you were seriously interested in the stance you would have waited for it, not have done it for weeks until this happened. Not a single person doing this ever thought this was cool or okay, plenty have themselves called it abusing - while defending doing it, to add more comedy - so all this is about is people were sure they would get away with it, nothing else.

7. So? What sort of mindset is this? If someone doesn't tell you that you can't steal from them it's free game? If an exploit that lets you get thousands of Coins with one click doesn't get an announcement saying it isn't fine you will do it? If you were seriously interested in the stance you would have waited for it, not have done it for weeks until this happened. Not a single person doing this ever thought this was cool or okay, plenty have themselves called it abusing - while defending doing it, to add more comedy - so all this is about is people were sure they would get away with it, nothing else.
    Great point, now are you gonna be banning every single player who's above marshall/general seeing as there is no conceivable way a single one of them got there without the obvious wintrading that's been going on for weeks in AV?

Or is the large majority of players going to be walking in full BIS gear while a minority of people who didn't even get there get banned?

8. Great point, now are you gonna be banning every single player who's above marshall/general seeing as there is no conceivable way a single one of them got there without the obvious wintrading that's been going on for weeks in AV?

Or is the large majority of players going to be walking in full BIS gear while a minority of people who didn't even get there get banned?
    Feel free to report them if you have some evidence of them doing that. "It's obvious" doesn't apply. People graveyard farming or whatever other farming that wasn't an agreement to feed each other kills doesn't apply. Your minority are the people who have been caught and/or reported doing actual arranged wintrading.

9. Lmao, good luck! They are never backing down and admitting their mistake. They can only be obnoxious about it. After my first Av where I was called the R word and so many other things , being spit on and bullied out of the BG, for capping a GV and wanting to play the game..etc, I decided to stop playing PVP as I felt it was beneath me to conform with this stupid PVP system. Now, I am not blaming anyone participating in this; Warmane should step up and own their mistake buy they won't. Pretty sure their ego is too big. If they hate managing a server and their community so much, they should stop doing it. Worst part is they are defending this. After my disappointment of Onyxia, I posted in this forum to say that I will not be playing because of the system, as a form of protest I guess, and you know what the mods did? They deleted my comments that were 100% civil and weren't breaking rule AFAIK. So, yeah, Obnoxious seems to hate their job, and I feel sorry for them.

On the even more ridiculous side, they are trying to guilt shame you for participating in their PVP, but we all know that if you did what I did and stopped playing, they won't have a PVP server anymore. So that's the irony there... they want you breaking the rules, otherwise they would have to actually fix this mess LOL

This is probably getting deleted too...

10. they want you breaking the rules
    This Forum isn't a support group for dealing with your delusions.

11. One of my friend spent 17 days raw time playing AV because he enjoyed the server and like most people, did partake in the AV meta that was bridge fight or "win trading" as you guys call it because every instances of AV was this kind of meta. What should've he done? Not play AV knowing he love pvp and that's the sole reason he plays the game?
    oh please stop pretending there was pvp going on, every BG was waves of people feeding into each other, there was no actual fight going on because the BG literally started with alliance running back into dun baldar waiting for horde to cap SP gy

what he realistically should have done is not feeding himself, because the whole system only worked if both teams abide by the unspoken rules, so everyone had an individual dicision to make to keep this mutual feed alive. That you then get banned for nonparticipation because of afk spam and anti afk tagging is a different story ;)

ironically the AFKers did more good than harm in that time
    Edited: December 27, 2023

12. oh please stop pretending there was pvp going on, every BG was waves of people feeding into each other, there was no actual fight going on because the BG literally started with alliance running back into dun baldar waiting for horde to cap SP gy

what he realistically should have done is not feeding himself, because the whole system only worked if both teams abide by the unspoken rules, so everyone had an individual dicision to make to keep this mutual feed alive. That you then get banned for nonparticipation because of afk spam and anti afk tagging is a different story ;)

ironically the AFKers did more good than harm in that time
    It's still happening, although it's less obvious now, it's just that people care less about if they die or not & instead of playing scared they just go in. Playing that way is fine tbh, the issue now is that we have a lot of people blatantly just sitting AFK, I'm recording them & hope that a GM will take my proof & take action against these players, preferably a 90 day ban.

13. It's still happening, although it's less obvious now, it's just that people care less about if they die or not & instead of playing scared they just go in. Playing that way is fine tbh, the issue now is that we have a lot of people blatantly just sitting AFK, I'm recording them & hope that a GM will take my proof & take action against these players, preferably a 90 day ban.
    I'd personally rather have people playing, even if they're playing "badly", than afking. Especially in a BG.

14. It's still happening, although it's less obvious now, it's just that people care less about if they die or not & instead of playing scared they just go in. Playing that way is fine tbh, the issue now is that we have a lot of people blatantly just sitting AFK, I'm recording them & hope that a GM will take my proof & take action against these players, preferably a 90 day ban.
    Yeah still happening, and still some players report those who wont go comit suicide and stay behind eating/drinking up. I lost count how many times i got flagged as afk middle of combat, just cos i didn't have enough deaths.

123 ... Last