1. Ret Paladin Original WOTLK Season 8 PvP spec

During Original Wotlk back in 2008-2009 a Ret Paladin named Vanguards in Season 8 used this spec

How Did Vanguards get to rank 1 in 2v2 and 3v3 with this spec?

Here on warmane you cant survive 60 seconds arena with it lets not talk about long matches?

What did he do ?

Did he play the 1h shield / 2h weapon swap tactic constantly or what?

https://imgur.com/a/RofcTf1

Its a nice spec offering max SoR and Judgement damage also -30% less fear and disorient CC duration, AP debuff on enemies but its a little bit squishy.

I have used it for BG's and its kinda epic but for arenas not so much success with it unless you try hard i guess?

Any opinions anyone?

2. When you are in the imgur website, right click the picture and click the "copy image link" menu entry and then use the [img] stuff here with it.

3. Ok that is the spec i posted,

How did Vanguard manage to get 2900 in 2v2 as ret pala / resto shaman with that ?

And also rank 1 in 3v3? i forgot his combo tho...

I believe it was resto sham / MM hunter / Ret Pala....

4. My guess is some of it had to do with the fact that people were still in the process of figuring out what worked and what didn't work, and that gave him quite a bit of wiggle room.

5. My guess is some of it had to do with the fact that people were still in the process of figuring out what worked and what didn't work, and that gave him quite a bit of wiggle room.
    It relied heavily on the strengths/weaknesses of his comp and what comps he was contending with all the time. In actual fact, his spec changed quite frequently.

6. It relied heavily on the strengths/weaknesses of his comp and what comps he was contending with all the time. In actual fact, his spec changed quite frequently.
    Wdym?

His spec changed quite frequently?

He changed his spec back then or what?

I found on google his season 8 spec but with this spec you cant survive on warmane, never ever.

Or have decent win loss ratio with those as ret paladin resto sham.

Ret Resto was a thing on retail and Old AT here it sucks...

7. We had a Ret/Disc in Warmane at 2900 rating 2v2... Beanman I think? Might be a little more updated in terms of spec and gameplay VS what you might face nowadays

8. My guess is some of it had to do with the fact that people were still in the process of figuring out what worked and what didn't work, and that gave him quite a bit of wiggle room.
    I think that he is right.

People were still in process of figuring out what worked and what didn't since the game was new back then and now there are 15 years since the release of Wotlk so people figured out whats the best what isnt.

I mean there werent any pregs back in retail wotlk back then like there are now.

There were shockadins tho but it wasn't that popular or strong.