1. Onyxia - Warrior Tanking Questions

Hello, fellow warriors. I was wondering - for raiding, which would be the best spec to tank in classic? Just played from Wotlk untill Shadowlands, so classic is new for me, and it seems quite different from what I am used to. Sorry if the question is dumb, but I read some theorycrafting anour going Fury, others about going standard Prot, and I was just wondering what would be the best way.

And since I am here - what about dungeons with randoms? Safe Prot or Risky Fury?

Cheers, and a Happy New Year to you all!

2. Fury-prot needs to be laid aside from BRD onward.

Your defense stat is nowhere near a real tank's, so you're eating more crits.

A warrior or pally tank's greatest source of mitigation, especially early, is block from a shield. You're not wearing one.

So in sum, you're choosing between a spec that takes much more damage, much more often vs. a correct traditional spec well suited for the tanking role. I'm wondering why this is even really a choice.

Fury-prot trades the utility of an actual tank for a marginal increase to group dps in 5 mans at the cost of group survivability and it is EXTREMELY stressful on healers. Moreover, there are some bosses in 5 mans that just crush all but epicly geared fury-prots.

Anyone having good success on Onyxia as a fury-prot needs to thank the well-geared healers that carried them.

Cheers

3. Thanks so much. Exactly what I thought
    But the answer I got was more like "you are used to retail, classic is like this". And thats why I came here
    But I think as you do. Cheers mate
    Happy new year!