1. Group of three incomming

Hello!
    I started my WoW Journey in about early 2009, so I was introduced during the WotLK era. I played several years, but got out around MoP. I've touched back here and there, but was way to far lost to really get back into it.
    Recently, my son has taken interest, so I went this weekend and got him an old used computer, bought a couple months of Bliz sub, and he's hooked. We decided that Retail sucks, and Classic is a bit to much of a grind (for him, he's 10). So he's liking the WotLK because it feels like a good middle ground.
    Were sad that we know the server is going to be discontinued, so we decided to go ahead and grind Classic.
    I started searching in the possibilities of "Private servers" and came across this site. I'm not sure of the entire process yet, but am excited to get home from work and talk to my son about it and try my hand at it.
    I hope we can find a nice group/guild to be with. I think we are going to do Lordaeron as were not really interested in power leveling and even though I have played for years, I don't think I've ever level capped. I just enjoy getting lost in the MMO part of it and having fun leveling.
    Anyways, I hope I can find my answers on here if I have questions, if not I'll try and post below to see if i can keep my questions specific to my thread, but I also hope to run into you guys on the server side soon too!
    (PS, I say group of three, because my wife dabbles in the game too, but is not quite as interested or invested as my son and I will be. But she started around WotLK era with me and will likely hop on from time to time :) )

2. Welcome to Warmane! Also be sure to check out the recruitment section of the forums, you might get lucky and find more people to play with early on.

3. So far a decent experience. Noticed a couple little hiccups here and there, but nothing a restart of the game didn't fix (a bag would NOT allow me to open at all, lol).
    The chats are a little undesirable and I had to get my kid out of them, but other then that, everything seemed good and someone randomly gave my kid 200g and now he thinks he is boss and wont share any with me or his mother. lol. I know he's going to go through it at the auction house in a single trip. But thank you whomever did it (suggardaddy was the name i think? lol) It defiantly made his night-

4. Yeah.. The chats on here can be a little too much for kids but I am kinda jealous of the 200g. I never found a sugar daddy on my way to 80 lol

5. I think yes
    Edited: February 15, 2024