1. People getting mad,because now they cannot stack arcanite bars with level 1 :D
    You used exploit,even you all knew its not how it should be and cry for couple gold from your lost skill points in alchemy.
    Why are you quiet about how much you made with arcanite bars. Even you didnt sell it,lets say you stack it for yourself oka? You already saved some gold so stop crying how world isnt fair,becuase REMOVING skill points is best scenario for you,if you did this exploit for example in diff servers you get perma with all loses.
    this, ppl made ****load of gold outta this already and act as if they lost their entire account

2. I think there were players who abused this with multiple level 1 alts to make a massive hoard of gold. They lost their professions, but they still got to keep the gold, so for most of them, it was time and money well invested. This change may suck because they lost the revenue source, but the punishment is minor because they still have the bankroll to exploit and control the market in other ways.

Others were playing "naturally"...like the skinner who hits the high 20's or low 30's, has maxed their skill at 225, and saw they could continue to progress their skill at the trainer. These players are now punished the same as the gold exploiters above...but it hits them worse because they didn't abuse and exploit the bug to make dragon hoards of gold.

I will disagree with the way this fix was implemented. The punishment doesn't hit the worst offenders nearly as hard as it hits the normal players...and the tone-deaf moderators and some of the forum regulars are failing to see that, painting anyone who got hit with the same brush.

(I will also note: None of my characters were impacted by this fix...every one of them that has a profession is level-appropriate for the profession skill they have.)

3. people who write about lvl 1. hello? do you even read messages? just to write something. Many people are not talking about the first lvl. Mostly people write about lvl 30 (+-5 lvl). And they are right. Many people didn’t know about the server error on this lvl and their time was taken away. I propose a possibly difficult solution, but a fair one. Bring back part of the profession at level 225, 150. People spent their time and it’s not their mistake. Many regular players suffered: newbies, those who didn't know and who simply don't have much time for twinks. I provided a screenshot earlier that I was lvl 31-32 there, do you think it was difficult for me to take 3 levels? the fact is that many on 25-34 this level did not know. And the server administration didn’t even warn me. I agree with the opinion that the administration treated the players poorly. This can be resolved fairly. and with such an attitude and server policy, one is reluctant to spend time on the server. I speak as a player who has been here since Frost Morning season 1. Today you have something, and tomorrow the administration will come up with something and won’t even warn you. and tomorrow you won’t feel like playing. And this is not an exploit of players. This is a bad attitude of the administration towards the players. There were many options to avoid this. But this seems to be a policy of destruction and no respect for the players.

4. I think there were players who abused this with multiple level 1 alts to make a massive hoard of gold. They lost their professions, but they still got to keep the gold, so for most of them, it was time and money well invested. This change may suck because they lost the revenue source, but the punishment is minor because they still have the bankroll to exploit and control the market in other ways.

Others were playing "naturally"...like the skinner who hits the high 20's or low 30's, has maxed their skill at 225, and saw they could continue to progress their skill at the trainer. These players are now punished the same as the gold exploiters above...but it hits them worse because they didn't abuse and exploit the bug to make dragon hoards of gold.

I will disagree with the way this fix was implemented. The punishment doesn't hit the worst offenders nearly as hard as it hits the normal players...and the tone-deaf moderators and some of the forum regulars are failing to see that, painting anyone who got hit with the same brush.

(I will also note: None of my characters were impacted by this fix...every one of them that has a profession is level-appropriate for the profession skill they have.)
    I see it the same way. Doesnt affect me, found out due to some beginners in my guild loosing their professions and being downhearted now. Should have punished the people which made bank with it, but i guess that would be too much manual effort.

5. Considering that many new players did not know about the profession cap in vanilla (or that they believed this was a QoL feature implemented by the staff), this solution is probably going to scare away people from the server.

Luckily for us, the PVP is still thriving in AV :^)

6. Thank you Warmane for removing the profs of these bug abusers. This will have a positive impact on the server economy.

7. To be frank, quite a few decisions so far seem very questionable or done without much thought.

in this case, it might have been fine to remove the professions for chars < 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (pick any number) to catch the majority of abusers, followed by an announcement that the remaining will also be removed if they dont reach 35+ within e.g. 7 days.

8. I have a lvl 30 toon who lost skinning lvl 205. Can you restore it to 150 at least? I wasnt exploiting anything, I was just leveling

9. Hi Obnoxious, hope u are having a great day.
    Well as u said it was a exploit, and people shouldnt abuse a exploit, but remember WARMANE is originally a WOTLK server, and a high percentage of your players on Onyxia never played classic before which is my case, i didnt know a level limitation existed. I thought it only was a smart move and in my case i lost many valuable recipes on my alchemist, i lost Flasks recipe which are worth 300-500g and so on.
    What is gonna happen with all those non 20 years experienced players who wasnt aware of Classic rules? How do i know the next thing i do isnt a exploit?
    Consider that, and ignore aggresive people, can we get a retribution of what we lost maybe?

10. What's extreme is deleting all professions, not just the abusable ones (alchemy,tailoring, leatherworking). These 3 do damage to the economy, the rest are harmless and have almost no effect on others.
    That being said, exploiting a bug is usually punished with a ban and it's hard to believe that more than 1% of the victims didn't actually know what they were doing. Sorry for that 1%. The rest of you got what you deserved

11. give me a ban on my lock 31 if you think I abused it, but return my profession to at least 225

12. Hi Obnoxious, hope u are having a great day.
    Well as u said it was a exploit, and people shouldnt abuse a exploit, but remember WARMANE is originally a WOTLK server, and a high percentage of your players on Onyxia never played classic before which is my case, i didnt know a level limitation existed. I thought it only was a smart move and in my case i lost many valuable recipes on my alchemist, i lost Flasks recipe which are worth 300-500g and so on.
    What is gonna happen with all those non 20 years experienced players who wasnt aware of Classic rules? How do i know the next thing i do isnt a exploit?
    Consider that, and ignore aggresive people, can we get a retribution of what we lost maybe?
    I'm inclined to believe figures are more alike to what NastyaRyz says, than the high percentage you assume, personally. It does suck for the truly unaware, of course, but like I said before there's no way to separate who's who, everyone will claim being innocent.

The question about "the next thing being a exploit" isn't a fair one, you probably realize. For starters, it would only have a place here if exploits were found all the time, which isn't the case. That also would only matter if harsh punishments happened as often, and that's not how it's handled most of the time. You can see that by how whenever a bigger exploit receives bigger consequences, people will come "whatabout" over some other case that had lighter or no punishment. Personally, I believe this was handled this way by the devs due to some limitation in the coding/core/something or cascading consequences if done otherwise.

Aggressive people are often too amusing to ignore, especially the ones that go surprised Pikachu when I reply in kind, instead of treating them like little princesses. About refunding (that's what I assume you meant, retribution means taking revenge) there isn't much I can say. Unlike what some people act like they believe, how this was handled wasn't my call, nor is it to decide on any sort of refunding of skill levels. I can't even tell if it would be viable, that's something the Developers would discuss among themselves. All I can say is the Moderation team hasn't received any word that something of that sort is planned to happen, which isn't really an indication one way or another.

13. I'm inclined to believe figures are more alike to what NastyaRyz says, than the high percentage you assume, personally. It does suck for the truly unaware, of course, but like I said before there's no way to separate who's who, everyone will claim being innocent.
    respectfully, this is disingenuous. at best.

it's easy to sort out the level 1-5 alts pumping thousands of gold out from the level 30 players with 225+ tradeskills,

And frankly IMO the level 1 alts should've been account banned for a period of time and had gold removed.

this fix has stopped a problem, but you haven't really punished anyone but the innocent.

14. this fix has stopped a problem, but you haven't really punished anyone but the innocent.
    +1 to this...

15. respectfully, this is disingenuous. at best.
    You're the one being disingenuous. This isn't simply about who profited from the abuse. What I was talking about is separating who abused knowingly and who didn't, and both are simply who had a character with a skill higher than it should be, period. Profiting makes it even worse, but it's not what the bug abuse itself was. No one punished was innocent, because no one was punished without having a skill they shouldn't. The post I was replying to even acknowledges that.

First ... 23456 Last