1. It happened to me too. I had an artisan enchanting and tailoring char with lvl 30. I was also wondering why it was possible to learn artisan before lvl 35 but honestly thought it would be a feature. I don't feel like I abused that mechanic and at least some kind of public warning would have been nice before just removing all professions.

2. I leveled to 300 on a level 30 character, believing that was the 'normal' cap.

The bug should've been fixed. but doing it this way has both 'fixed' the level 1 alts, and screwed a bunch of folks.

A+ for fixing.

F- for implementation.

3. I find it much more of a dick move for players to abuse it, even up to on multiple characters, without even once questioning if it was supposed to be like that. The very nature of bugs and bug abusing is that they are something that slips by and then some players decide to exploit it, instead of questioning or reporting it to make sure it's alright.
    If that bug was so obvious and known why did it go unnoticed and without any information in the bugtracker for so long? Do you not play/test your own game ond talk about fixes/mechanics or are you just trying to cover up some incompetence with that aggressive statement?

4. If that bug was so obvious and known why did it go unnoticed and without any information in the bugtracker for so long? Do you not play/test your own game ond talk about fixes/mechanics or are you just trying to cover up some incompetence with that aggressive statement?
    Go create your own server, then come give an opinion about how running and maintaining one goes.
    Feel free to even allow exploiters to keep their profit over there if you like.

5. I think it’s unfair to completely remove the profession. If you change something, you must notify your players or if you change, then reset to a certain skill. Deleting is unfair. waste time. Don’t be surprised later if there is less online on the server, because people don’t want to waste their time.

6. I think it’s unfair to completely remove the profession. If you change something, you must notify your players or if you change, then reset to a certain skill. Deleting is unfair. waste time. Don’t be surprised later if there is less online on the server, because people don’t want to waste their time.
    Nothing was changed, a bug that was being abused got fixed, and part of what came from it got removed. People didn't lose what I'd say is the most important part that should be gone, the gold earned and everything crafted.

7. restore at least part of the profession if necessary, why delete it completely. it's disrespectful to the players

8. restore at least part of the profession if necessary, why delete it completely. it's disrespectful to the players
    This isn't a negotiation, and exploiting bugs is disrespectful to the server, to our work and to all players who didn't exploit.

9. many did not know that this was a bug, but thought that this was how it should work. Maybe multiboxers earned something from this, but ordinary players went into the red after upgrading their profession and it was simply demolished. I understand if you removed some of it, but not all of it.

10. whether people knew or didnt know (yea right, lol) they already messed up the market and earned profits, i'd say good riddance.

11. This is a SEASONAL server with QOL features, i personally thought this is one of them. The communication is so poor that we never know whats supposed to be QoL and whats a bug when it benefits a player

12. i legit thought it was a vanilla feature, like no reinforcement cap on AV, and didn't loose anything only because i am not very invested in professions and have a levelling addiction

13. i legit thought it was a vanilla feature, like no reinforcement cap on AV
    Reinforcements was never a vanilla feature of AV

14. This isn't a negotiation, and exploiting bugs is disrespectful to the server, to our work and to all players who didn't exploit.
    But i absolutely didn't want to exploit a bug omg... This is a bit ridiculous honestly. Not everybody who joined the server has been playing non stop for years. At least that's not my case and I am not knowledgeable enough at the game to realise it was a bug. All i just did was clicking on something that was green at my trainer... How did my lvl 33 druid with her 20 gold exploit being a bit over 225 skinning really ? It's not like we went out of our way to glitch the game. I just clicked on something that was green at my trainer without knowing i shouldn't be able to. So disrepectful towards the server wow.

15. Except I'm not happy... I very much feel your pain though. But I don't want to actually be disrespectful towards the server. I've been having a blast up until now (yeah all of this is making me a bit salty). Except for me trying a private tbc server a few years ago but leaving soon because it was dead, I haven't played wow since i was a kid on actual vanilla release. I stopped before TBC even launched. So I've been playing here on x1 rate hoping to be full of nostalgia and it worked very well. I damn well recognize all the work that is being made to give us that experience and I am well placed to know that no IT project will ever be released without bugs.

But I am still a bit baffled as to how all of this is being handled. I came here expecting at least some recognition of the issue but all I can read sums up to basically "That's what you get for exploiting the game" or "You are being disrepectful towards the server !". I Understand very well that a lot of people exploited and abused this. In fact I hate it too because I have also been trying to make some gold at the AH with my main warlock (lvl 49, also at x1 rate). But the devs and mods could at least recognize that some people who made a genuine mistake got ****ed in the process. I still haven't had an answer as to how one could possibly exploit the skinning proffession because I genuinely don't understand. But I am pretty noob at the game so maybe I'm missing something idk.

First 1234 ... Last